PDA

View Full Version : Anyone going to Cars and Coffee tomorrow in Winston?

outnumbered
01-09-2015, 05:34 PM
I'm anxious to drive the car somewhere.

DaveW
01-09-2015, 09:16 PM
Hey, Ron. I really don't believe the Winston C&C meets between October and March; however, my house is only a half mile away from Reynolda Gardens where the meet is. PM me if you gotta get out and I'll cook breakfast while admiring your car in the driveway ;)

braunstein82
01-10-2015, 12:25 AM
I'm gonna be going to either sandhills or Fayetteville cars and coffee. Winston gonna be a little too far for tomorrow. Fyi there is a car show Saturday 1/10 at town and country Toyota in Charlotte starts @ 10. I know your anxious to get the car. If you ever want to know what's going on that weekend around you shoot me a text or message me I have a list of almost everything. 910-337-4992 Matt

Correction. Lol I'm color blind.

outnumbered
01-10-2015, 12:40 AM
Hey, Ron. I really don't believe the Winston C&C meets between October and March; however, my house is only a half mile away from Reynolda Gardens where the meet is. PM me if you gotta get out and I'll cook breakfast while admiring your car in the driveway ;)

Dave, thanks for the info and the invite. I think I will head over to the car show in Charlotte mentioned above. However, with it being so cold, I may be the only one there!

outnumbered
01-10-2015, 12:41 AM
I'm gonna be going to either sandhills or Fayetteville cars and coffee. Winston gonna be a little too far for tomorrow. Fyi there is a car show Saturday 1/10 at town and country Toyota in Charlotte starts @ 10. I know your anxious to get the car. If you ever want to know what's going on that weekend around you shoot me a text or message me I have a list of almost everything. 910-337-4992 Matt

Correction. Lol I'm color blind.

I will check out Town and Country Toyota. Thanks.

braunstein82
01-10-2015, 03:50 PM
How did you do at show?

outnumbered
01-10-2015, 05:42 PM
How did you do at show?

Funny story....I went, and had no intentions of entering the show; which I didn't. Anyway, I arrived around 10:30. The event started at 10:00, and keep in mind, this was primarily a Scion event, with a few other makes included. I roll in and attempt to park out of the way and off to the side, because remember, this was put on by a Scion club, and I wasn't going to enter the show. I just wanted to park somewhere safe, and then look at some of the cars. Before I could finish backing into my spot, I notice this guy running towards me, waving his arms. I'm thinking great, he probably wants me to pay to enter the show, or he is going to tell me I am in some reserved spot. Instead, he says "There is no way you are parking this thing out here, bring it down to the front line. We have a couple of spots reserved for really nice cars." I tried to argue with him, but he was having none of that. Slightly embarrassed, I move the car down to an area protected with orange cones. While trying to get the car in position there are 3 photographers (not people with camera phones, real photographers) and a lady with a big movie camera videoing my car. I get parked and there are literally 30 people standing around the car. I felt like a celebrity. Then the event organizer comes over, starts asking me questions, and this woman with the video camera begins to film. So I am sure somewhere on the internet, I'm in a video.

I stayed for about an hour; being respectful by walking around looking at all the cars (there were a couple of RX 7's there that would have probably given me a run for my money) and talking to the owners. They were a cool group. I actually had a really good time. The number one question I got today....."what do you do for a living"

The event was put on by a group called "Stir it up". It was a very well put together event with prizes, music, and 2 food trucks. If they come to your area, and you want to feel really special for a day with your Viper, you should check them out.

DaveW
01-10-2015, 06:35 PM
Sounds like you had a great time, Ron! You'll notice that the tuner car folks with WRXs, Mits, Scions, Miatas, etc. really love the Viper. To many it's their dream car. What they find hard to fathom is that for all the $$ they put in their cars, they could own a Viper!!!

C.J
01-10-2015, 08:54 PM
Celeb for a day! Glad you had fun at the show, and the folks there were fun to hang with.

It is always surprising how much attention Vipers get.

braunstein82
01-12-2015, 09:19 AM
Awesome glad to hear it turned out so well. Wish I could came out.

DaveW
01-12-2015, 06:19 PM
Saturday's looking good for G'boro, a little cold early but 50's later in the day -no rain!

braunstein82
01-12-2015, 07:12 PM
Next Greensboro c&c is in march

Brian GTS
01-12-2015, 07:46 PM
Cool story Ron! Glad you had a good time and sounds like they did too.

No hemi
01-13-2015, 09:53 AM
Welcome to the " viper" life, glad you had fun, it only goes up from here!! :D