Leslie
01-09-2015, 03:03 PM
Anyone know what paint I should use?

Thanks.

mjorgensen
01-09-2015, 04:19 PM
Anyone know what paint I should use?

Thanks.

Powdercoated Leslie, take one in and they can match it up.

Leslie
01-09-2015, 06:07 PM
Wow kewl didn't realize that, thanks.

commandomatt
01-10-2015, 07:40 AM
Well, I would certainly still want to know the powder coating brand and code. I would hope this is available from someone on the factory level.

There are a lot of manufacturers and 1000's of colors of powder, just like paint. There isn't just 1 'gloss black' color of powder. There are also many different types of powder depending on application. If you truly want it to match the other wheels, you have to get more specific details. If you take the wheel in to a quality powder coater, they will want to know. If they say they can just match it....then don't be surprised if it doesn't turn out right

If you were painting a door on your car, you would not want to have someone just try get close to the paint that you have. You want them to use the correct color. The color code that was used originally.

Good luck

mjorgensen
01-10-2015, 07:45 AM
Trouble is the wheels are supplied to Dodge, and codes are not made available, at least nothing I have ever found in the past. We have had them done before and cannot tell a difference so I'm sure a good shop can any like the color and match it for her.

Well, I would certainly still want to know the powder coating brand and code. I would hope this is available from someone on the factory level.

There are a lot of manufacturers and 1000's of colors of powder, just like paint. There isn't just 1 'gloss black' color of powder. There are also many different types of powder depending on application. If you truly want it to match the other wheels, you have to get more specific details. If you take the wheel in to a quality powder coater, they will want to know. If they say they can just match it....then don't be surprised if it doesn't turn out right

If you were painting a door on your car, you would not want to have someone just try get close to the paint that you have. You want them to use the correct color. The color code that was used originally.

Good luck

2010.Blue.White.ACR
01-10-2015, 08:54 AM
I took mine in to a local poweder coater and they completely ruined the wheels. I would send them to prefix if you want perfection

Leslie
01-10-2015, 03:07 PM
Yeh I just have a small area of curb rash I wanted to touch up.
I am finding out now as I look into it there are a lot of colors just in the black codes-gloss, semi, flat, etc.

commandomatt
01-10-2015, 06:36 PM
Yeh I just have a small area of curb rash I wanted to touch up.
I am finding out now as I look into it there are a lot of colors just in the black codes-gloss, semi, flat, etc.

Even though its a powder, you can now get touch up in cans. Of course, it comes back to having to find out what company/code the color is. If Mark says its been hard to find out what's used, it will most likely be a challenge.

Good news if you can find a shop that has some touch up in cans is that you can always shoot a small sample to see how it will compare

Powder is a challenge to work with if you need repair since its so thick. Just make sure you look at some work that the shop you are taking it to has done before letting them loose on your ACR wheel.

Leslie
01-10-2015, 07:03 PM
Ok thanks for the advice.
The 2008 ACR spec sheet describes the wheels as "painted black gloss"...?