PDA

View Full Version : Panamera 4S, Mercedes S550 4matic, Range Rover or BMW 550 Xdrive

slitherv10
01-05-2015, 10:27 PM
Which car would you choose as a daily 4 season (includes snow) driver?

City
01-06-2015, 09:30 AM
Jeep GC SRT
Better driver and will probably save you 10G's or better.

slitherv10
01-06-2015, 09:46 AM
Jeep GC SRT
Better driver and will probably save you 10G's or better.

Was definitely looking at that option but, I have never been much of an SUV Jeep kind of guy.

IndyRon
01-06-2015, 11:00 AM
We currently have a JGC Overland Summit. It's great. Very luxurious (though not as much as a Cayenne or Range) and has all the adjustable settings for snow, mud, rocks, air ride suspension with self leveling and height adjustment, low range transfer case, etc. With the 300hp V6 gets 24 mpg on the highway.

I sold my X5 diesel a year ago. Great vehicle, more fun to drive than the Jeep and looks cooler with the 20" sport wheels and 315 tires on the rear. It's all wheel drive full time like the Jeep. Great in the weather. I can't comment on the 550 other than it shares much of the platform with the 5 series overall.

I drove a range rover sport supercharged 510hp model a year ago and it was beautiful inside and out with the nicest interior, but built for brits or indian folks I guess being a british/indian company. The seat doesn't extend back far enough to not feel as though your legs are cramped. I'm 6'0" and I felt I needed another 2-3" of legroom...if you are under 5'10", you'll probably love it.

City
01-06-2015, 11:12 AM
Was definitely looking at that option but, I have never been much of an SUV Jeep kind of guy.
It's your choice (obviously), but if you haven't yet, make sure to drive the new GC SRT. You might be surprised at both the power and nimbleness. I would never touch one .... until I drove one at an SRT experience where I was really able to throw it around. I was astounded.
Regardless, you can't go wrong with your list.

TrackAire
01-06-2015, 03:28 PM
If buying new, it's hard to beat the new Range Rover Sport Supercharged since it is bigger than the 2013 unit with more room and about 700 lbs less weight. We have a 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged (wife's car) and are now looking to add a full sized Range Rover or LR4 as a second car for my work. Love the road feel of the Range Rover line....better than most luxury sport sedans.

Drove the BMW X5 and it was cool, especially the twin turbo unit....would definitely consider one (only the twin turbo version since it is a heavy car). The Panamera to me had not so great visibility (small mirrors and not great out the back view) and was too low to the ground for my fat butt to get into and out of on a daily basis. Have not driven the the S550 4Matic but did trade in a ML550 for the Range Rover Sport. The Mercedes engine was good, but not mind blowing like the supercharged Rover.

After having a daily driver with 4 corner air ride suspension, I would never buy another car without it. Just too good, too smooth and allows access height for loading passengers easier, etc. Biggest problem with Ranger Rover is getting your hands on one....demand is high and there are not a many units available on the lots.

Overall, you really can't go wrong with any of your choices....all quality rigs.

Next Phase
01-06-2015, 08:53 PM
From the cars listed.... New S class Benz.

I also 2nd the call for a WK2 Jeep SRT8. Drive one before you judge... They handle and brake better than the average SUV