PDA

View Full Version : Happy New Year!

97GTS B/W
01-05-2015, 06:30 PM
I just wanted to thank everyone who voted for officers this year. I am humbled to be your President for the 2015-2016 term. I know we have a great group of members and I look forward to meeting all of you during the events we have coming up. Details soon to follow! Please use this thread to discuss possible future events as well.

We are just getting this started but I need all of you to post in our forum to make this work. Communication can create collectively a great group and lack of it gets pretty boring!! There are so many fun and interesting ideas I know everyone has. I want to hear them all!! This forum keeps everything in a concise format on this thread or any new threads so please try to log in often and leave comments or start a new thread!

Kurt, Yvette (the first "First Lady" of our VOA group) and his Board did a tremendous job maintaining our group through to the new VOA club and he should be thanked for this whenever you see him or any of his board members.

OK, that's all for now. Here we go 2015!

John

TexasTonka
01-08-2015, 05:55 PM
Appreciate it John, and looking forward to a fun 2015!

I would really like to do more inter-regional events and more events with the local SRT group. It gets more MOPAR minded folks together to have a fun time.

Another suggestion would be a weekly VOA/SRT dinner. There has got to be a restaurant that is hurting for business on a Wednesday night that has a good parking lot. Something good but not uber expensive. Good choice woudl be something like Freddy's Frozen Custard/Burger stand on 281 by Sherlock's Pub. BIG parking lot, easy access and cheap eats.

I'd make it same day at same place in the beginning to generate interest and crowd for VOA/SRT folks. Once it gets large enough we could have several rotating restaurants in the mix as long as it was consistent, first week starts at X, then Y then Z then back to XYZ, XYZ, etc... Hooters on 281 is also a HUGE parking lot and empty on Wednesdays. Need to talk with the manager and get some special perks at any place we go. Bikini's in the medical district was very interested in this but it never got off the ground, I was traveling too much and after a few failed attempts at meeting up I think we both dropped the ball.