View Full Version : Also Looking for MGW Air Conditioning Knobs

djc986
01-03-2015, 09:13 PM
Hi All

I'm also looking for the MGW AC knobs.

Anyone have these for sale?

01sapphirebob
01-03-2015, 09:15 PM
I thought "The VIper Store" bought all that was left of the MGW stuff. Check there.

djc986
01-03-2015, 09:21 PM
Thanks.

The Viper Store only has chrome.
Anyone with the silver ones out there?

slitherv10
01-03-2015, 09:48 PM
I got the silver ones but,,,,not sale. I thought the viper store had them. Not sure.

Update......here they are.....

http://theviperstore.com/Viper2_Products_Interior_Appearance_Dash_Area.htm

djc986
01-03-2015, 09:58 PM
I should have mentioned I'm looking for Gen 3 / 4 knobs.

PittsburghRT
01-04-2015, 06:51 PM
Call MGW direct because I just got a gas door/cap for my GTS from them about a week ago. I think they still have a few items left in inventory.

Redx
01-05-2015, 08:01 PM
Call MGW direct because I just got a gas door/cap for my GTS from them about a week ago. I think they still have a few items left in inventory.

spoke to them a few weeks back, they sold remaining stock to theviperstore(which is carrying the ugly chrome stuff).

I was in search of the gauge rings, i found these on ebay, ill report back on their quality. If they are crap, at least they were moderately cheap. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dodge-Viper-Gauge-Bezel-Trim-2003-2010-Gen-III-Gen-IV-Gauges-Cluster-Ring-/171621589598?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item27f571a25e&vxp=mtr

Vprbite
01-06-2015, 12:05 AM
FWIW...I wanted the brushed ones but couldn't find them. I bought the chrome ones from a member here and I actually ended up really liking them. Just the right amount of shine and they dress up the interior nicely. Basically, what I mean is if you can only find chrome, get em. They definitely look better than nothing.

If anyone has brushed and wants chrome, I have a full set ( AC Knobs, gauge rings, cupholder ring, and radio knob) in fantastic condition I would be willing to trade for your brushed ones. PM me if interested. I will even include the impossibly tiny Allen key needed to install them. Seriously, this thing is so small you can barely see it.

PittsburghRT
01-06-2015, 10:53 AM
spoke to them a few weeks back, they sold remaining stock to theviperstore(which is carrying the ugly. Chrome stuff).

I was in search of the gauge rings, i found these on ebay, ill report back on their quality. If they are crap, at least they were moderately cheap. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dodge-Viper-Gauge-Bezel-Trim-2003-2010-Gen-III-Gen-IV-Gauges-Cluster-Ring-/171621589598?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item27f571a25e&vxp=mtr

Not offended, but I love the chrome mgw parts... hell I plan on getting an Autoform roll bar and getting it chromed. Never liked brushed or blacking out everything like wheels and etc.

Redx
01-06-2015, 12:05 PM
Not offended, but I love the chrome mgw parts... hell I plan on getting an Autoform roll bar and getting it chromed. Never liked brushed or blacking out everything like wheels and etc.

Well, let me rephrase that, I'm planning on keeping in the interior the factory satin finish, and the mgw satin matched up perfectly. Having a half Chrome/half satin would look a bit silly. I have the mgw knob and cup holder ring, should have bought the rest when I had the chance.

Vprbite
01-06-2015, 04:00 PM
I was wondering, RedX, could you do satin Vinyl or even just a matte silver paint to get the finish you want? I have thought about it. As I said, I liked the chrome more than I thought I would but that might be the way to get the finish you want.

Redx
01-06-2015, 09:07 PM
I was wondering, RedX, could you do satin Vinyl or even just a matte silver paint to get the finish you want? I have thought about it. As I said, I liked the chrome more than I thought I would but that might be the way to get the finish you want.

Depending on the coating used, you could strip the coating back to base metal and clear anodize it after. I thought the set you purchased from timnineside where satin finish(gauge rings+a/c rings)?

Vprbite
01-06-2015, 11:45 PM
I purchased a full set from Timnineside but they are all chrome. Absolutely great shape, but all chrome. As I said above, I really like them a lot. I think I would prefer the satin but am actually quite happy with the chrome. If you have to pick between chrome and none, I say take the chrome.

I was looking at them and thinking of how they would take a different color/paint. I bet if you either did them with spraygun or had a shop do them, they would come out pretty nicely.

I would be willing to trade the chrome for satin I think, as that is what I originally wanted. But I am really quite happy with the chrome. Much more so than I thought I would be. I don't think the chrome is "too much" inside. Just the right amount of shine.