PDA

View Full Version : LOL CC company freakin out!!!

SNKEBIT
11-19-2013, 04:04 PM
The CC caompany is freakin out because so many people are trying to join up!?!?!?!?!?! lol

When is that gonna be fixed?

SNKEBIT
11-19-2013, 04:06 PM
We have already passed 600 registrants in 24 hours!! That's amazing. However our credit card authorization company has a limit with the dollar amount allowed to be charged in a 24 hour period (to avoid fraud), we have breached the limit and now they have paused our ability to continue with charges. For this reason we're disabling the portal until they re-establish the charging. We are working with them to get an exception to allow us to continue charging. should happen shortly.

Not a bad problem to have! The registration portal should be back up soon.

-VOA Staff

Loud
11-19-2013, 04:07 PM
Hahaha, indeed, a good problem to have. Way to go VOA!

BlknBlu
11-19-2013, 04:16 PM
It is a bummer that the Portal has to be closed for awhile, but incredible on the numbers they have taken in.

way to go VOA

Bruce

chesapeake07
11-19-2013, 04:37 PM
Way to go, VOA. This is great news and "A Big Thanks" to those that make this hissstoric event happen.

City
11-19-2013, 04:39 PM
Start up company issue. PIA!

72hemi
11-19-2013, 04:48 PM
This is absolutely a good problem to have!

SmoknTires
11-19-2013, 04:50 PM
While I'm glad that everyone gets a kick out of it... ;.)

Interestingly we exceeded the limit by quite a bit, they just don't have an automated way of stopping those charges. Their bank admin went to check status of the account and noticed we'll almost double what they (and we) expected and shut things down without a word... Banks.

We have them on the phone now. Comedy. Of all the things we tried to think about... missed this one!

Loud
11-19-2013, 05:02 PM
Props to you Alex and the entire team that is involved. A lot of your time and effort are going into this and it is clear.

Janni
11-19-2013, 08:16 PM
Good Lord, have I mentioned today that I hate banks?

Working through it. Painful.

Brad and I already personally guaranteed the fees / chargebacks and that was still apparently not enough.

Joel
11-19-2013, 08:24 PM
I've got about $5 in loose change on my dresser if that will help. Good job. Get a cold drink and relax and enjoy the ride!

Good Lord, have I mentioned today that I hate banks?

Working through it. Painful.

Brad and I already personally guaranteed the fees / chargebacks and that was still apparently not enough.

SmoknTires
11-19-2013, 11:39 PM
I always felt we were small time compared to what banks typically deal with. But I guess $100K in 24 hours is a big deal when they thought we were a "little" car club.... Working through it. Just glad tomorrow is a work day and not a weekend. Bankers hours are driving me nuts...

Coloviper
11-20-2013, 08:44 AM
Sounds like a bank change is in order. Nothing gets a banks attention like threatening to take your business elsewhere. Maybe a Credit Union would be best. Banks just suck!

Janni
11-20-2013, 09:59 AM
We are working on all fronts. Have some good help from some Viper owning bankers, too!

This is FUN! (not!) but - like everyone has said - a good problem to have.

Thawk97
11-20-2013, 10:21 AM
Easy on the banks fella's - some of them write our paychecks and allow us to own Vipers ;)