PDA

View Full Version : Looking at picking up a ZR1

IndyRon
01-01-2015, 06:54 PM
Currently looking at a ZR1 to toy around with since the prices have come down so much. The cars are selling for 50% of MSRP right now and I'd really like to build a roll race/weekend cars and coffee type of car. I've been doing some research and it appears that with a maxed out setup including ported heads/cam/all boltons/E85 tune, guys are getting 800+rwhp out of them.

It's not the 1100rwhp+ capable setup that I want but I figure it'll tide me over for a year or so to allow the ridiculous prices on the UGR TTG's to come down closer to reality. I'm curious, has anyone on here owned one of these and what are your thoughts overall?

Nine Ball
01-01-2015, 07:04 PM
If you want a Cyber Gray ZR1 that is already built up like you are seeking, I have a local friend that might consider selling his. Ported heads, blower, E85, exhaust, and other stuff. Has HRE wheels w/ two sets of rear wheels (street and drag radials). I believe it makes 800 rwhp? Car was just completed a couple months ago, by KP Racing.

Tony

Junkie
01-01-2015, 07:27 PM
I had one. I just never fell in love with the ZR1, but lots of people do. I honestly much prefer the feedback a C5Z provides.

ZR1 is a capable 1000whp car with a stock bottom end, they hook up great on 18" MT's, the manual trans is beefy as fuck. Its a hard car to argue with for the the price. I would only consider one if I was ok with a nitrous car though.

IndyRon
01-01-2015, 09:53 PM
If you want a Cyber Gray ZR1 that is already built up like you are seeking, I have a local friend that might consider selling his. Ported heads, blower, E85, exhaust, and other stuff. Has HRE wheels w/ two sets of rear wheels (street and drag radials). I believe it makes 800 rwhp? Car was just completed a couple months ago, by KP Racing.

Tony

Tony, any idea on price? CG is my least favorite color but it would really depend on numbers. One just sold on ebay (relatively stock) w/ 17k miles for 59.9k!

I had one. I just never fell in love with the ZR1, but lots of people do. I honestly much prefer the feedback a C5Z provides.

ZR1 is a capable 1000whp car with a stock bottom end, they hook up great on 18" MT's, the manual trans is beefy as fuck. Its a hard car to argue with for the the price. I would only consider one if I was ok with a nitrous car though.

Thanks for the insight. What didn't you like about the car?

RAY W
01-01-2015, 10:22 PM
I had a 2010 and I really liked it. I saw the market was tanking and I dumped it before I lost my ass. The things I liked the most were ceramic brakes (no dust and minimum wear) screaming V-8 sound, electric exhaust by-pass, heads up display and cruise control. Having my modded 2008 Viper at the same time I always found myself taking the Viper when I went out for a drive. Vipers give me the feeling I want in a car. The ZR1 didn't. I haven't missed it since I sold it. I am the type of person who if I sell something I am over it. So even if I could get another one for 40K I wouldn't be interested. Nothing wrong with the car. Just how I am about old girlfriends. I don't go back.

Viktimize
01-03-2015, 07:07 PM
I don't have a pile of seat time in them. But the one thing I found that I wouldn't be able to live with after a good long test drive, was the terrible seating. The seat back can't recline adequately, only way to get the seat back at an appropriate angle is to tilt the seat bottom back as well.

sparkrn
01-03-2015, 07:47 PM
Good for you, good bye

IndyRon
01-03-2015, 08:10 PM
Good for you, good bye

Don't follow....what does this mean?

Just an update. The deal fell through on the one I was trying to pick up. I'll hold off a while and see how the prices go. If they get the bugs sorted out on the new Z06 maybe they will come down yet more.

Junkie
01-03-2015, 10:28 PM
Tony, any idea on price? CG is my least favorite color but it would really depend on numbers. One just sold on ebay (relatively stock) w/ 17k miles for 59.9k!

Thanks for the insight. What didn't you like about the car?

Its the big bad ass optioned out vette, yet feels like a base model car. Its pretty hard to explain. The car isn't "rowdy" enough for me.