PDA

View Full Version : Wanted - Feedback on my new App that helps manage your automotive records

zee
01-01-2015, 05:58 PM
Hi everyone,

I posted on a few other viper forums about getting some feedback on a new app I launched recently, AUTOsist -which gives you the ability to store, track, and share your vehicle records with ease. I was inspired to build it after selling my 97 RT/10 and the new buyer wanted me to scan and email all the records to him (he lived out of state).

Would love feedback from you all if you actually find value in this app and what I could do to make it better if you think it sucks. We plan on adding some more features in 2015 like maintenance reminders. You can learn more about it at www.AUTOsist.com.

It's completely free for both iOS and Android devices:

iOS: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/autosist/id897916520?mt=8

Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.AutoSist.Screens

Thanks in advance.

Z

Space Truckin
01-01-2015, 08:25 PM
Just signed up for email notifications/ updates. Will give you my thoughts once I input all my vehicles. At first glance looks very handy/ useful. :United_States:

zee
01-01-2015, 09:01 PM
Just signed up for email notifications/ updates. Will give you my thoughts once I input all my vehicles. At first glance looks very handy/ useful. :United_States:

Awesome! Look forward to hearing your thoughts. Are you gonna be using it with an iOS device or Android?

ViperSmith
01-01-2015, 11:53 PM
I wouldn't use the app preferences as the data store for vehicle information.

If I attempt a man in the middle attack the App crashes. But bravo for doing SSL pinning.

Good luck.

zee
01-02-2015, 12:05 AM
I wouldn't use the app preferences as the data store for vehicle information.

If I attempt a man in the middle attack the App crashes. But bravo for doing SSL pinning.

Good luck.

Thanks for the feedback.

SlateEd
01-02-2015, 07:32 AM
Cool Idea, website looks good also. I'll give the app a try later this week.

one quick thought for promoting yourself under the guise of a user-friendly item: maybe create a feature that allows the user to "download images for auction" - the user can select images of the car they have stored within the app all from one place and download them for use, but you add on your side an image encode that adds your logo and tagline to the bottom of the image with a helpful reminder, like "find out about this car's maintenance history with AUTOsist"

likewise you could just make a jpeg for any user to download that has your logo as large as possible (so it's visible in thumbnails still) and a few lines below about getting more information about this car's history blah blah...

users see it as a selling point, more transparency in the sale, etc, and at the same time you could get your logo spreading through flea-bay, cars.com, etc...

zee
01-02-2015, 11:30 AM
Cool Idea, website looks good also. I'll give the app a try later this week.

one quick thought for promoting yourself under the guise of a user-friendly item: maybe create a feature that allows the user to "download images for auction" - the user can select images of the car they have stored within the app all from one place and download them for use, but you add on your side an image encode that adds your logo and tagline to the bottom of the image with a helpful reminder, like "find out about this car's maintenance history with AUTOsist"

likewise you could just make a jpeg for any user to download that has your logo as large as possible (so it's visible in thumbnails still) and a few lines below about getting more information about this car's history blah blah...

users see it as a selling point, more transparency in the sale, etc, and at the same time you could get your logo spreading through flea-bay, cars.com, etc...

Great idea! Will look into doing something like this in the future. Appreciate the feedback and look forward to hearing your thoughts on the app after you play around with it!

zee
08-15-2016, 11:29 PM
Whats up everyone? Just wanted to give this thread a bump and see if anyone has more feedback and/or found the app useful? We have added a lot of new features like:

-Reminders
-Fuel Tracker
-Desktop web portal that syncs with the app

The whole idea is based on a system that is cloud based so you can access your data anytime and upload images for receipts, documents, etc.

Appreciate everyones thoughts!