PDA

View Full Version : New Gen V owner with a question

GTViper
12-23-2014, 07:01 PM
Just picked up a 2013 GTS with 2,000 miles. She runs/drives like a dream-can't believe the difference coming from a Gen II!
My only question so far is the trunk release, is there some type of (door popper) like the driver/passenger doors?
When I press the remote or push the button on the rear of the car it partially releases the trunk but it will not pop it open so I still can't open it without pressing the button and pushing it up at the same time.
Any input would be appreciated. Thank you!

genVer
12-23-2014, 07:21 PM
Unfortunately that is how the trunk release works for all Gen Vs. It takes a little practice but it is possible to open it with one hand (push the button with one finger and lift up with another).

Nine Ball
12-23-2014, 07:34 PM
It is a safety latch. If you gently lift up on the hatch while pushing the button, it will open on the first push. SRT Chief Engineer demonstrated this to me, at the Viper factory.

GTViper
12-23-2014, 09:35 PM
Great thank you guys, I was starting to wonder if it needed new struts...

slitherv10
12-24-2014, 10:42 AM
sounds like a design flaw to me.....lift on the hatch while pushing the button...hmm..I understand pushing the button continuously until the hatch opens completely but, having to physically lift the hatch and push the button seems odd...to me anyways.

City
12-24-2014, 10:56 AM
I'm told the latch opens more easily with VOA membership. ;)

GTViper
12-24-2014, 02:12 PM
I am a member! Don't know why it shows enthusiast...I guess I am that too! PS didn't help with the hatch...:)

swexlin
12-24-2014, 02:16 PM
I am a member! Don't know why it shows enthusiast...I guess I am that too! PS didn't help with the hatch...:)

I had the same issue - both with the hatch and the "enthusiast". Make sure your email that you signed up for when joining is the same email used here on the site. I have several different ones, when I fixed it, it synched.