PDA

View Full Version : nissan gt-r nismo

Eachey51
11-19-2013, 05:41 AM
now we have something to beat with the genV viper! a 7:08 at the nurburgring sounds beatable to me! wuddya think??

FLATOUT
11-19-2013, 06:09 AM
1:08's shockingly fast ;), a 7:08 might be beatable:)

Well considering the gen 4 ACR went 7:12 in only ONE 30 minute session there due to poor weather killing the entire weekends runs, I would say its doable.

ViperGTS
11-19-2013, 06:19 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnWUx4JcAr4

Disturbed
11-19-2013, 08:58 AM
The GTR an impressive car. Sadly it drives like a maxima.

FikseGTS
11-19-2013, 09:12 AM
you must have one badass Maxima!

http://www.dragtimes.com/blog/2015-nissan-gt-r-nismo-larger-turbos-and-595-horsepower

http://www.dragtimes.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/2015-nissan-gtr-nismo-2-1.jpg

The GTR an impressive car. Sadly it drives like a maxima.

72hemi
11-19-2013, 09:14 AM
Very impressive time. Anyone know what the MSRP is on that variant of the GTR?

slitherv10
11-19-2013, 09:23 AM
Very impressive time. Anyone know what the MSRP is on that variant of the GTR?

If I were to take a guess, I would say around 200K or close to it anyway. Probably in the same price range an ACR would be if and when it's made. Considering all the tech involved in the Nissan against the more refined ACR, I would say the ACR should be priced slightly lower. So as much as we all might want to see the ACR come in around 160K or less, I think its only fair it be priced against the competition. I'm sure the new ZR1 will be priced over 150K as well. esp if they come out with the rumoured TT set up.

Bill Pemberton
11-19-2013, 11:07 AM
Wonder what tires were on the car ---- DOT competition or slicks??

V10LEE
11-19-2013, 11:28 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k87Jj3WItOs

VENOM V
11-19-2013, 11:32 AM
I consider this GT-R real competition, which is healthy for us. It'll push SRT to make the ACR it's very best if funds are made available.

Because it's under $200k, it's a real car that you may see at the track. I don't take the Porsche 918 seriously. Anything that costs $929K isn't going to see track duty, it's going to be in some rich collector's garage. Boring.

Now the GT-R is fugly as hell and I would never own a nanny-driven car, but I do have respect for it and look forward to driving against them when I see them on the track. Congrats to Nissan, we now have a target to aim for.

One thing I've noticed is that the owners of the vast majority of exotics that I drive with at the track are afraid to push their cars. I have yet to drive with a Ferrari , Lambo or McClaren that can keep up, with the exception of the Ferrari 458 Challenge car which the mighty Viper was just a tick faster than. But people drive GT-Rs hard, and I like that. Just like Corvette owners, they aren't afraid to push their cars to the limit. They are used the way they are intended, and I'll give them credit for that. Fugly, nanny-driven, but driven hard and I like that, LOL.

That's why I would like to see the ACR stay at a reasonable price. Price it too high, people will be afraid to push it at the track. Then it becomes a show piece, not a driver's car. Absolutely needs to stay well below $200K fully optioned, really hoping you could get a track-worthy ACR with CCBs for under $150K.

V10LEE
11-19-2013, 11:43 AM
1:08's shockingly fast ;), a 7:08 might be beatable:)

Well considering the gen 4 ACR went 7:12 in only ONE 30 minute session there due to poor weather killing the entire weekends runs, I would say its doable.

Yes totally agree with this..

I also think that the gen 4 ACR would of been quicker at Laguna Seca . If SRT used a professional race car driver instead of Chris Winkler their engineer behind the wheel. The 1:33.92 lap time , Is real close to the TA's..

KNG SNKE
11-19-2013, 11:51 AM
The wheels look like SSR's.

V10LEE
11-19-2013, 12:33 PM
I consider this GT-R real competition, which is healthy for us. It'll push SRT to make the ACR it's very best if funds are made available.

Because it's under $200k, it's a real car that you may see at the track. I don't take the Porsche 918 seriously. Anything that costs $929K isn't going to see track duty, it's going to be in some rich collector's garage. Boring.

Now the GT-R is fugly as hell and I would never own a nanny-driven car, but I do have respect for it and look forward to driving against them when I see them on the track. Congrats to Nissan, we now have a target to aim for.

One thing I've noticed is that the owners of the vast majority of exotics that I drive with at the track are afraid to push their cars. I have yet to drive with a Ferrari , Lambo or McClaren that can keep up, with the exception of the Ferrari 458 Challenge car which the mighty Viper was just a tick faster than. But people drive GT-Rs hard, and I like that. Just like Corvette owners, they aren't afraid to push their cars to the limit. They are used the way they are intended, and I'll give them credit for that. Fugly, nanny-driven, but driven hard and I like that, LOL.

That's why I would like to see the ACR stay at a reasonable price. Price it too high, people will be afraid to push it at the track. Then it becomes a show piece, not a driver's car. Absolutely needs to stay well below $200K fully optioned, really hoping you could get a track-worthy ACR with CCBs for under $150K.

My friend has one,and drives the $hit out of it on the track. For me it's the front end on the GTR. I try to force myself to like it, but I just can't..

ViperSmith
11-19-2013, 12:39 PM
My friend has one,and drives the $hit out of it on the track. For me it's the front end on the GTR. I try to force myself to like it, but I just can't..

The GTR just inspires no emotion to me. A technological marvel, but it puts me to sleep

VENOM V
11-19-2013, 12:41 PM

One of my recent favorite tracking memories. Tracking my Camaro with two friends- one with a GT3, another with a GT-R. We were fairly even so we chased eachother around all day at Buttonwillow. The GT3 ran a best of 2:03.x, I ran a best of 2:02.9, and the GT-R ran a best of 2:01.x. Good times.

V10LEE
11-19-2013, 12:52 PM
The GTR just inspires no emotion to me. A technological marvel, but it puts me to sleep

One of my recent favorite tracking memories. Tracking my Camaro with two friends- one with a GT3, another with a GT-R. We were fairly even so we chased eachother around all day at Buttonwillow. The GT3 ran a best of 2:03.x, I ran a best of 2:02.9, and the GT-R ran a best of 2:01.x. Good times.

Yeah I hear you. I guess it would be kind of like an ugly chick giving you a good blow job .. LOL

VENOM V
11-19-2013, 02:18 PM
Yeah I hear you. I guess it would be kind of like an ugly chick giving you a good blow job .. LOL

Yes, she's fun for a while but you get tired of her and move onto someone hotter like Halle Berry :t1567:

SilveRT8
11-20-2013, 12:51 AM
Yes, she's fun for a while but you get tired of her and move onto someone hotter like Halle Berry :t1567:

Or my sweet Marylin !