PDA

View Full Version : NJ reputable dealer?

yellowmz3
12-18-2014, 04:00 PM
I am new to this forum (and soon to be a new Gen V viper owner) I am wondering where I can get my car serviced with any warranty work, if needed.
My local Dodge dealer is a disaster and from what I've been reading, many/most may be.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
I'm a bit nervous about getting an expensive car with no options for local service.
Rob

plumcrazy
12-18-2014, 04:24 PM
haha, good luck in NJ.

i avoid warnock

yellowmz3
12-18-2014, 05:27 PM
haha, good luck in NJ.

i avoid warnock
Who to avoid is easy, who to use in tri-state area is the issue

SlateEd
12-18-2014, 09:16 PM
Hi Rob, Congrats on getting a GenV You are going to love it! The good news is they don't tend to need extensive (and costly) service like an Italian exotic for example.
Are you closer to NY and Rockland County? Middle of NJ? Down by Philly?
I know the existing dealer network lacks great options in our area but if you give us a region maybe some NY/CT or PA people could chime in as well...

yellowmz3
12-18-2014, 10:02 PM
Thanks for your response!! I live in Mahwah, so northern NJ. I'm next to Rockland Cty.

Schen
12-19-2014, 07:40 AM
Welcome! Wow 3 Gen Vs in Mahwah now. I'm not sure what dealer there would be to err, trust. I'd wait for Mike to chime in and see what he says.

--RS

yellowmz3
12-19-2014, 04:00 PM
Ok, sounds good. Who is Mike, BTW?

intense
12-20-2014, 07:15 PM
No dealer. You are only going to trust it in the hands of Chuck Tator. http://www.tatorsdodge.com/. Can't believe this thread is this long without you being told he's the man.

yellowmz3
12-20-2014, 09:20 PM
Awesome, now we're talking!! Thanks 'Intense', much appreciated!!

v10enomous
12-20-2014, 09:38 PM
Welcome Rob ! Hope to see you around when we resume our cruises and C&C's. SRT recommended Dover Dodge in Rockaway when they called me with their survey. I also heard from another owner that told me that he has had good luck at the dealer in Ramsey but I don't have any experience with either of them with only 1,400 miles on my GenV. Of course Chuck Tator but I'm not sure how or if he does warranty work.

Congratulations... What GenV are you getting ?

v10enomous
12-20-2014, 09:40 PM
Double post

yellowmz3
12-20-2014, 10:04 PM
Hi V10 enormous, Definitely will come to C&C's!
I actually had an issue with service at Ramsey (2014 wrangler) and they're literally around the corner from me!
I ordered the TA 2.0, Comp Blue. Should be a wild ride!
Rob

jkviper
12-20-2014, 10:10 PM
when I bought my 2006 Coupe from Woodhouse, I had a few warranty items on it and had it serviced at a Freehold Dodge in NJ where I live. They did a fine job fixing what I needed. Back then they had a viper tech who worked on a number of vipers that were also in the shop from time to time, they took good care of the car.

v10enomous
12-20-2014, 10:29 PM
Hi V10 enormous, Definitely will come to C&C's!
I ordered the TA 2.0, Comp Blue. Should be a wild ride!
Rob

Oh Nice !!!

Can't wait to see it. Should be a great 2015 in NJ...

Poor Richard
12-20-2014, 11:42 PM
Charlie only 1400 miles? are you driving it or looking at it!

plumcrazy
12-21-2014, 05:02 AM
If pete still works at ramsey dodge, he knows his ****, but you have to get him, the rest there are worthless.

yellowmz3
12-21-2014, 10:25 AM
Thanks plum, that's good to know, certainly easy location wise!! I have a good couple months till I have the car, but want all my 'ducks in a row', so to speak!!

mikesax
12-21-2014, 06:50 PM
Ramsey Dodge has one mechanic who is excellent!! Has done all warranty work on my 4 Vipers -hoses, sensors, air bags, in addition to all fluid changes! Jim and Joan in service will only let him work on my Vipers-best attention to a customer I've ever experienced is from this dealership!! However-if the problem seems to be "more intense"- Chuck Tator is the man!! Have had a couple of my cars there for a variety of reasons!! It would be FANTASTIK if Tators still sold Vipers though-still a "clusterf..k" what happened to him!! Between the two companies-40 miles seperates them-I'm pretty well covered on the service end!! ANYTHING to do with something major will go to Tator's though!! His knowledge and LOVE of this car is unparalleled!!

yellowmz3
12-21-2014, 08:39 PM
Thanks Mike, really good to hear. I have no idea who worked on my wrangler and to be honest, the work was done adequately, but some one must have stood on the front bumper and damaged the paint. The service manager denied it...Definitely struck a nerve with me.

mikesax
12-22-2014, 12:25 PM
It can understand that!! I "aligned" myself with Jim and Joan-I do "tip" them but they put me to the front of the line EVERY time!! Like any good "service" relationship a little goes a LONG way!! In a world where very few people "tip" for anything other than a restaurant bill- showing "service" people you care enough by tipping a little will put you ahead of 99.9% of EVERYONE!! They definitely remember you and treat your car with the utmost of care!!!!

City
12-22-2014, 12:30 PM
Ramsey Dodge has one mechanic who is excellent!! Has done all warranty work on my 4 Vipers -hoses, sensors, air bags, in addition to all fluid changes! Jim and Joan in service will only let him work on my Vipers-best attention to a customer I've ever experienced is from this dealership!! However-if the problem seems to be "more intense"- Chuck Tator is the man!! Have had a couple of my cars there for a variety of reasons!! It would be FANTASTIK if Tators still sold Vipers though-still a "clusterf..k" what happened to him!! Between the two companies-40 miles seperates them-I'm pretty well covered on the service end!! ANYTHING to do with something major will go to Tator's though!! His knowledge and LOVE of this car is unparalleled!!

Thanks Mike, really good to hear. I have no idea who worked on my wrangler and to be honest, the work was done adequately, but some one must have stood on the front bumper and damaged the paint. The service manager denied it...Definitely struck a nerve with me.

Couldn't agree more. This is great advice across the board!

v10enomous
12-22-2014, 12:47 PM
Charlie only 1400 miles? are you driving it or looking at it!

You need to update your avatar Richard...

yellowmz3
12-22-2014, 12:53 PM
Well, this is all good news to me, since I live so close to Ramsey. Thanks everyone for you input. BTW, I did touch base with Tator and indeed his ability to perform 'warranty' work is limited.

City
12-22-2014, 01:19 PM
Well, this is all good news to me, since I live so close to Ramsey. Thanks everyone for you input. BTW, I did touch base with Tator and indeed his ability to perform 'warranty' work is limited.

Sadly, he spends far too much time repairing dealer warranty work.

yellowmz3
03-19-2015, 12:05 PM
Ok guys, gonna revisit this thread. My Viper is currently being built and again 'service' anxiety is back. I had some good feedback last time regarding "good" dealers in NJ, but I wanna reach out again to see if there's been any changes or additions to the list.
Thanks!!

plumcrazy
03-19-2015, 05:50 PM
avoid all nj dodge dealers