PDA

View Full Version : Hellcat is impressive

City
12-15-2014, 03:41 PM
Vs. '15 Vette Stingray

1000 additional lbs. is still not enough to hold it back.

https://autos.yahoo.com/blogs/motoramic/watch-a-challenger-srt-hellcat-race-a-corvette-stingray--because-america-155111608.html

thetalonguy
12-15-2014, 05:30 PM
I think it's pretty obvious it was driver error on the Vette and Nineball was driving the Dodge.

Vprbite
12-15-2014, 05:54 PM
The comments on that article are great.

I think it is a fair comparison to race these 2. Considering they price out so closely. And if your budget only allows for one fun car (as most budgets tend to) then you could at least justify the challenger more easily because of it's back seat. Also, I think it's fair because of the 15 late model corvettes you see a day, 14 of them are base models.

I really like people spouting off saying the base model is awesome because the Z06 and the ZR1 yaddey yaddey yaddah. That's like someone saying "you have to respect me even though I am just average because my older brother has been very successful" In fact, I hear that kind of stuff all the time from base model Vette owners.

Obviously the Vette and Challenger are very different automobiles built for different purposes. I absolutely believe though that the hellcat is an example of what is possible when a company decides to really push the envelope of engineering and answer the call to build what customers are all wanting.

Nine Ball
12-15-2014, 06:05 PM
I think it's pretty obvious it was driver error on the Vette and Nineball was driving the Dodge.

LOL. Only if it was a manual. I hate automatics :)

BAD BOYZZ GARAGE
12-15-2014, 11:15 PM
LOL. Only if it was a manual. I hate automatics :)

I'll remember that as I'm driving past you down the drag strip and waving Hell-o in my new SRT 300 Hellcat 8 speed automatic when they make one.. :icon_devil: