PDA

View Full Version : Brake Upgrade? Need serious recommendations

JasonSSG
12-13-2014, 11:38 PM
I've seen so many posts over the past few years Im not sure where to start. I have a bone stock '09 SRT Coupe. Im going to need new pads soon. I track my car 50% of the miles I put on it (dont get to much street use anymore with work schedule), I definately want to put steel braided lines on it when I replace the pads. Any recommendations on a brake kit and also what pads would best suit me. Race brake fluid also?

Thanks

rlhay2
12-14-2014, 08:58 AM
Brake fluid: Castrol SRF.

I've no experience with Viper brake lines or brake pads...yet.

RedTanRT/10
12-14-2014, 09:34 AM
Jason, If you want better brakes and you're tracking 50% of your miles, start with upgrading your rotors and go to the StopTech 2 piece aero rotors (like the ACR's use). In addition to better braking, you drop close to 10 lbs per corner and that unsprung weight will help cornering/handling.

For pads lot's of good options, I run Brakeman pads, Raybestos has good pads too.

StopTech has s/s brake lines made for vipers that are pretty reasonable.

For fluid I use Motul 600

Reach out to JonB @ Parts Rack for rotors, pads and lines. He'll get you a good price on all and will help you on a pad recommendation based on where you track. Motul can be found locally. Good luck, Mike

Tom, F&L GoR
12-14-2014, 10:59 AM
Add this and you will never have to worry about the fluid overheating again. With every pedal application, fresh fluid is pushed into the caliper; with every pedal release, old fluid is allow to move towards master cylinder. 803880398040

IndyRon
12-14-2014, 12:30 PM
I'm not a brake expert on this car, but if I were looking for something for a reasonable cost, I'd go with the Gen 5 TA front and rear 2 piece rotors and pads. Supposedly the front rotors on the TA or beefier with greater swept area while still fitting under factory wheels since they use the same calipers and you get the benefit of the aluminum hats that the ACR and Gen 5 track-pack equipped cars have.

Mad Max
12-14-2014, 08:27 PM
Carbotech pads. They are great on the track and I use them on the street as well. Lots of dust, however it's non-corrosive.

Mark Jorgensen
Woodhouse Motorsports
402-677-2935 Cell

cashcorn
12-17-2014, 06:45 PM
Does anybody know if the TA rotors are the same as the 2 piece Stop Tec rotors. Looking to upgrade my SRT. thanks in advance!

IndyRon
12-17-2014, 10:00 PM
Does anybody know if the TA rotors are the same as the 2 piece Stop Tec rotors. Looking to upgrade my SRT. thanks in advance!

They are not the same rotors as the 2-pc ones that came on the ACR.

TCurtner
11-28-2015, 08:34 PM
Add this and you will never have to worry about the fluid overheating again. With every pedal application, fresh fluid is pushed into the caliper; with every pedal release, old fluid is allow to move towards master cylinder. 803880398040

Please explain how this works?