PDA

View Full Version : Viper vs. Tornado

SSGNRDZ_28
11-18-2013, 08:00 PM
I almost didn’t have a Viper to join the new club. My car was nearly a casualty of the tornados that hit the Midwest yesterday. It is in storage while our house is being built, so this was about 40 miles from home.

As you can see from the picture, the roof was torn off from above and you can see evidence of how the negative air pressure left the car covers in a “lifted” position (Viper in lower left). No damage at all to the Viper, but one of the other cars in the same room was struck by overhead door rollers as they were pulled from the door and shot across the room and will need a repaint. The cars were moved and are safe in another building with a roof over their head for the time being!!

Others in the area were not so lucky with many losing their house and a middle school in the area was a complete loss. I’ll consider it my lucky day as things certainly could have been worse!

Space Truckin
11-18-2013, 08:07 PM
That is CRAZY, glad for you it was saved. Now you need to go buy a lottery ticket. lol

Viper Girl
11-18-2013, 08:08 PM
My thoughts and prayers to all who suffered loss or injury in the storms.

FLATOUT
11-18-2013, 08:14 PM
Man, soooo glad YOU are ok. I was thinking about our club members this morning wondering if any of you might be affected.

JaysSRT10
11-18-2013, 08:37 PM
Damn, that was a close call. So glad there was no damage.

chesapeake07
11-18-2013, 09:25 PM
Wow, good to hear that you didn't suffer too much of a loss. I feel for those who lost everything in those terrible storms.
Good luck with your insurance claims and glad your Viper is ok.

Viperth
11-18-2013, 10:11 PM
Wow, good to hear that you didn't suffer too much of a loss. I feel for those who lost everything in those terrible storms.
Good luck with your insurance claims and glad your Viper is ok.

Our prayers are with all of you! Glad your car was spared!

Troublemaker
11-18-2013, 11:23 PM
I almost didn’t have a Viper to join the new club. My car was nearly a casualty of the tornados that hit the Midwest yesterday. It is in storage while our house is being built, so this was about 40 miles from home.

As you can see from the picture, the roof was torn off from above and you can see evidence of how the negative air pressure left the car covers in a “lifted” position (Viper in lower left). No damage at all to the Viper, but one of the other cars in the same room was struck by overhead door rollers as they were pulled from the door and shot across the room and will need a repaint. The cars were moved and are safe in another building with a roof over their head for the time being!!

Others in the area were not so lucky with many losing their house and a middle school in the area was a complete loss. I’ll consider it my lucky day as things certainly could have been worse!

A little bit of luck never hurts. We were right in the path of a nasty cell cruising through IL that happened to fall apart enough that our damage was minimal. I work for a utility company and we are getting an up close look at the hardest hit areas as we try to repair the damage to the equipment. It has to be some of the strangest stuff I have seen yet, houses with walls completely torn off and everything on the back side looking fine.

MKALSABAH
11-19-2013, 02:01 AM

thank god you and your car is safe and sound! i have a question why don't you guys just build a garage using concrete ?

Leslie
11-19-2013, 03:31 AM
Glad you are ok! We saw a lot of tornadoes here also in N. Indiana.

GreenVenom
11-19-2013, 05:41 AM
Glad you and the family are safe, that's the most important thing!!

XSnake
11-19-2013, 07:39 AM
Wow, crazy pic. Glad everyone is ok and hopefully the building rebuild is speedy

06_SRT
11-19-2013, 08:34 AM
Glad everyone and the car is safe. I have some family right outside of Peoria and they made it out fine as well.

DrTaco
11-19-2013, 09:25 AM
Wow, glad things turned out the way they did!

Janni
11-19-2013, 10:12 AM
Scary stuff- checked with the leaders of both IN and IL and heard that people all okay and had heard about your car's near miss.

Glad you are okay.

99RT10
11-19-2013, 11:16 AM
Glad you're ok. Very lucky, count your blessing this Thanksgiving.

ViperTom
11-21-2013, 02:05 PM
Wow, way too close for comfort. Most of the damage from the series of storms that damaged Washington, Coal City and Diamond were a few miles south of Frankfort. Monday morning I found a soggy financial document on my lawn from a home in Washington. That's 125 miles west of me.

viperdan
11-21-2013, 04:33 PM
Even if the car was a loss who cares, thankfully you and your family are okay! Prayers to all those who lost loved ones and their homes!!

MoparBoyy
11-21-2013, 04:40 PM
wow! glad you came out ok. I dont miss torandos after leaving the midwest, now we just got hurricanes but you get week+ notice for those.

SSGNRDZ_28
11-21-2013, 07:15 PM
Monday morning I found a soggy financial document on my lawn from a home in Washington. That's 125 miles west of me.

Wow that is amazing. These tornados are strange. We had two large identical pieces of farm equipment side by side. One wasn't touched and the other was pushed 1/4 mile into the field.

gutterworks129
11-23-2013, 09:05 PM
Very lucky.