PDA

View Full Version : Now I'm really liking the TA - Here's why

VENOM V
11-18-2013, 05:44 PM
Things I learned from reading the Car and Driver review about the TA.

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/2014-srt-viper-ta-first-drive-review

SRT has improved the car even more since setting the Laguna Seca lap record. I wasn't that impressed that it only beat the GTS by 0.61 seconds, but now I am. Maybe a better way for me to put this- I was impressed that a GTS without aero was only 0.61 seconds behind :dude3:

I knew about the improved brakes, different damper settings and carbon aero kit, but I didn't know the production TA model has:

4-mode traction and stability control (same as GTS). This is a biggie to me. I don't want the SRT's all or nothing. I prefer to dial it back to Sport or Track Mode when tracking, but not eliminate it.

20% stiffer springs

35% stiffer front anti-roll bar

31% stiffer rear anti-roll bar

And for a price that's reasonable compared to all of the rumors of an uber-high dollar ACR. Nice! While I can't afford a second Viper now, I could see buying a used TA in about 5 years and making it a dedicated track car.

Well done SRT!

Bill Pemberton
11-18-2013, 06:23 PM
Plus ;

1. Carbon Fiber engine bracing
2. Carbon Fiber rear fascia cover
3. Huge Brembo rotors ( from the ACR-X , I wonder??)

Decent stuff for the 120K price, not to mention it gets the other 2014 SRT upgrades of 12 speaker Harman Kardon, NAV and back up camera. Now if we can only rig the back up camera to see folks after we pass them by, ha,ha.

slitherv10
11-18-2013, 06:30 PM
Plus ;

1. Carbon Fiber engine bracing
2. Carbon Fiber rear fascia cover
3. Huge Brembo rotors ( from the ACR-X , I wonder??)

Decent stuff for the 120K price, not to mention it gets the other 2014 SRT upgrades of 12 speaker Harman Kardon, NAV and back up camera. Now if we can only rig the back up camera to see folks after we pass them by, ha,ha.

Oh and don't forget the biggee................ CLOTH INTERIOR !!!!! How/why, would they offer that car. a 120K car , a special edition at that, with cloth seats. Please tell me it isn't so.

ViperSmith
11-18-2013, 06:44 PM
Oh and don't forget the biggee................ CLOTH INTERIOR !!!!! How/why, would they offer that car. a 120K car , a special edition at that, with cloth seats. Please tell me it isn't so.

Do you have something constructive to say?

You complain the Viper is too refined in another thread, now you complain (again) it has cloth seats.

ViperSmith
11-18-2013, 06:46 PM
I am unsure which I would have bought given the chance. I think I may have jumped at the TA if I waited.

The 4 mode ESC is a nice addition which I wish the SRT had, but whatever.

The aero package + orange = yum.

Bill Pemberton
11-18-2013, 06:49 PM
Actually that was a calculated move, as the ballistic nylon seats offer alot more grip, and Track Addicts ( maybe that should be what TA really stands for ) like to keep the old buttinski stable and in place.

KRATEDISEASE
11-18-2013, 07:29 PM
Do you have something constructive to say?

You complain the Viper is too refined in another thread, now you complain (again) it has cloth seats.

by the way ViperSmith, Just wanted to congratulate your grandfather being awarded the Farmer of the Year award in Harford. Congrats !!!

and I feel that cloth seats are good option/alternative for those Viper enthusiasts who are also members of PETA.

SRT is expanding its customer sales base to animal lovers with the addition of cloth seats.

Some thing for everyone.... what a good idea !!

VENOM V
11-18-2013, 07:53 PM
by the way ViperSmith, Just wanted to congratulate your grandfather being awarded the Farmer of the Year award in Harford. Congrats !!!

and I feel that cloth seats are good option/alternative for those Viper enthusiasts who are also members of PETA.

SRT is expanding its customer sales base to animal lovers with the addition of cloth seats.

Some thing for everyone.... what a good idea !!

Play nice please, Krate. This thread is about the TA

KRATEDISEASE
11-18-2013, 07:57 PM
Play nice please, Krate. This thread is about the TA

sorry, please forgive......