PDA

View Full Version : Pirelli Tires for Gen II Vipers and overseas customers.

Fatboy 18
12-03-2014, 07:49 AM
Starting a different thread hear as its getting confusing due to different size tires and wheel sizes.

Right then, Having only ever used Michelin tyres on my 18" Wheeled Gen II, I have been looking to see what's out there for a mainly road and occasional track car.
I know michelin pilot Super Sports are not yet available for 18" wheels so that throws them out.
Michelin Pilot Sport 2s Still available..

Now for Pirelli

I see various tyre out there but have no understanding of them

First off there are these http://www.tyre-shopper.co.uk/tyres/brand/pirelli/pirelli-p-zero-rosso/335-30YR18-102Y

P Zero - Rosso?

Then there are also these http://pistonheads.tyregiant.com/335-30-18

P Zero - Asimmetrico?

P Zero - Corsa?

So whats the difference between these 3 Pirelli tires, tread pattern is different, So what works on a Viper and what doesn't?

Thanks.

ViperGTS
12-03-2014, 09:19 AM
I got the Pirelli P Zero Asymmetrico on my Gen2....I dont like them.

The Michelin PS2 was a way better tire.

I have the Michelin PSS on the SRT-10 now and the PS2 was a better tire.

PS2 >> PSS >> P Zero

Fatboy 18
12-03-2014, 09:22 AM
I got the Pirelli P Zero Asymmetrico on my Gen2....I dont like them.

The Michelin PS2 was a way better tire.

I have the Michelin PSS on the SRT-10 now and the PS2 was a better tire.

PS2 >> PSS >> P Zero

Thank you very much for the information :)

XSnake
12-03-2014, 10:16 AM
For street driving the PS2 is probably the overall better tire. But, if you EVER plan on going to the track with the tires get the PSS's.

Between the Pirellis, I'd get the Corsas

Fatboy 18
12-03-2014, 10:39 AM
Sadly Michelin PSS are not made for 18" Wheels Only 19"

Fatboy 18
12-03-2014, 10:42 AM
It would be nice if someone from Pirelli could actually shed light on the 3 different P Zero tires? Why 3 different tread patterns pros and cons?

djc986
01-01-2015, 10:10 PM
The differences in the different tread patterns are as follows:

The PZERO Rosso is an older design that has done well for many years. It was fitted to many vehicles in the late 90's and early 2000's.

The PZERO was the succesor to the Rosso and came out in 2006/2007. The PZERO has 100's of worldwide fitments ranging from Mini Coopers up to Viper and Ferrari.

The Corsa came out around the same time as the PZERO and was developed for car companies that wanted more track performance.

It needs to be noted that most of these tires have been developed for a specific vehicle in conjunction with the car manufacturer. The Gen V tires (both PZERO and Corsa) were developed with SRT to make the tires work on a Viper. This is an important aspect that should be considered when selecting tires.

Brian
01-18-2015, 10:32 PM
I have the Pirelli Pzero rosso's in a 345/25/20 and at the time that was about the only manufacture with that size. Now 7 years later and 15K miles the tires are still decent but have hardened and must be replaced. Funny thing is I've been very hard on these tires and they must be so hard they don't even wear down..lol. Ive never really like the tires compared to say Michelin. I will be looking into Michelin for the next set. I have Michelin PSS on a M3 and they wear out so damn quick with my wife driving it back and forth to work on the Freeway mostly................... I maybe should consider another tire.