PDA

View Full Version : Tire Installer in the MKE/CHI area?

The_Greg
12-03-2014, 07:43 AM
I'll be buying tires this winter through the awesome VOA Pirelli pricing. But I am not aware of shops capable of installing them... I am willing to drive to get them put on, and this includes the MKE and CHI areas (and probably Madison too). Or, would any Viper certified Dodge dealer be able to do this?

And, I've asked this before, but since I have your attention, how about any detailing shops?

dmerkle
12-03-2014, 10:05 AM
One of our fellow Illinois members sent his car to a Dodge dealership in the western Chicago suburbs this summer for tires and they called him the next day saying the car was totaled.
With that in mind, I can speak for the 2 locations below...
Flossmoor Family Auto, about 45 minutes southwest of downtown is extremely trustworthy.
Roanoke Motors out in Peoria, IL is equally is good and they can sometimes retrieve and deliver your car via trailer.

I'm sure there are other shops but those are the 2 I have worked with.

Loud
12-03-2014, 10:22 AM
Greg,

Ron Durchin [was one of our IL sponsors and ex-Viper owner] owns a shop in Northbrook, IL if Flossmoor or Roanoke are too far since you are from WI.

His store was called e-autowerks, but is named something else now. http://e-autowerks.com/content/ has the contact info.

Ask for Ron. He deals with high end cars as well and has worked on my car and detailed my car in the past.

A

witz323
12-03-2014, 10:50 AM
CS Motorsports in Germantown/Sussex.

The_Greg
12-03-2014, 01:27 PM
One of our fellow Illinois members sent his car to a Dodge dealership in the western Chicago suburbs this summer for tires and they called him the next day saying the car was totaled.
With that in mind, I can speak for the 2 locations below...
Flossmoor Family Auto, about 45 minutes southwest of downtown is extremely trustworthy.
Roanoke Motors out in Peoria, IL is equally is good and they can sometimes retrieve and deliver your car via trailer.

I'm sure there are other shops but those are the 2 I have worked with.

I'm aware of this tragedy, but wasn't until AFTER I bought a Jeep Wrangler from them. I heard of it at the July VOA meeting, bought the Wrangler, and then very shortly after that realized that the dealerships for both events were one in the same. They are a really shitty dealership from all standpoints because I had a poor experience with them also, though I at least walked away without a damaged vehicle.

GT Venum
12-09-2014, 02:33 PM
I would contact Cory at:
Collectors Choice (Snake-Oyl)
6400 Lodi Springfield Rd
Dane, WI 53529
(608) 849-9878