PDA

View Full Version : ACR-X Seat Question

steve911
11-18-2013, 02:10 PM
Can someone tell me the make and model of the seat that caemin the ACR-X's?
Is a normal sized person able fit into the seat or do you have to have the build of an F1 Driver?

Steve A.

JonB ~ PartsRack
11-18-2013, 02:15 PM
RACETECH .... same as your VCC. The seats had 2 size-options. You need a large !

steve911
11-18-2013, 02:29 PM
RACETECH .... same as your VCC. The seats had 2 size-options. You need a large !

What are you trying to tell me Jon? A little less brats and beer? :orange:

JonB ~ PartsRack
11-18-2013, 02:33 PM
What are you trying to tell me Jon? A little less brats and beer? :orange:

hell no..... a larger SEAT is the answer!

bluesrt
11-19-2013, 03:42 PM
lol, when i had my seats put in my x from viper headquarters(im 185) 6.0 ft i had the smaller of the two put in both sides, fit great..... but i told myself , dont gain any weight! they hold you in there

Late Apex
11-19-2013, 08:04 PM
As Jon says they are the same as the ones that went into the Comp Coupe and actually are pretty roomy.

Snakeracer
11-22-2013, 07:01 PM
Just don't forget to compensate for the fire suit, and safety gear. ;P

Shooter
11-22-2013, 09:52 PM
Anybody know how much lighter they are then the regular ACR seats?

v10addiction
01-02-2014, 05:57 PM
They are about 11lbs lighter, but will not work in street car with the console in the car.
The sides of the sets will prevent you from being able to shift if the center console is installed.

I assume your thinking of putting them in a ACR, so you will need to get the ACR-X flat center console, or build your own to use it.

I have them in my ACR-X and my 2006 coupe.
They are awesome seats and very snug in a fire suit.
This feels strange at first, but a few corners later, your glad they are tight, trust me!

They are very tough to use in a street car if your thinking of using them very often on the street.
It is actually easier to get in them with a roll cage to sit on than not to have a cage.

Everything is tough in a race car, so it matters not in that environment.

zoomzoom22
03-30-2014, 09:25 PM
FWIW my seat fits fine in my X and I am 6'2" 235

Dusty1
03-31-2014, 10:17 AM
You really need to measure your torso height, the bigger seat is also built for taller folks and the Halo is move up accordingly. Brian at Racetech was great to work with but please do the measurements before ordering.

Richard

Revolution
03-31-2014, 02:46 PM
They are about 11lbs lighter, but will not work in street car with the console in the car.
The sides of the sets will prevent you from being able to shift if the center console is installed.

I assume your thinking of putting them in a ACR, so you will need to get the ACR-X flat center console, or build your own to use it.

This feels strange at first, but a few corners later, your glad they are tight, trust me!

They are very tough to use in a street car if your thinking of using them very often on the street.
It is actually easier to get in them with a roll cage to sit on than not to have a cage.

Do you know what the stock seat weighs?

zoomzoom22
03-31-2014, 06:42 PM
You really need to measure your torso height, the bigger seat is also built for taller folks and the Halo is move up accordingly. Brian at Racetech was great to work with but please do the measurements before ordering.

Richard

FWIW while I am 6'2" tall, my pant length is only 31 or 32 which means I am torso tall and fit very well in the seat.

Shooter
03-31-2014, 09:28 PM

Good info. Thank you.