PDA

View Full Version : OBX headers...... Let's hear it!

Timnineside
11-21-2014, 01:43 PM
Okay I know this sounds foolish but what's everyone's thoughts on these for a Viper? I loved my Belanger setup on my 08 but because I'm putting so much money into a lot of other things on this car I was thinking about going cheap on some OBX headers.

So let's hear it, what's your opinion?

I can get them for $850 shipped and I have a feeling with Black Friday/ Cyber Monday I may see them for even less.

I read a ton of reviews on them and it seems more recently they have improved quite a bit. I don't know anyone running them on a Viper though.

Thanks!

Tim

slowhatch
11-21-2014, 01:49 PM
Give it the ol' college try and report back;

http://ep.yimg.com/ay/yhst-37484624058176/obx-race-header-exhaust-manifold-system-dodge-viper-srt10-srt-10-gen3-2.gif

Timnineside
11-21-2014, 01:50 PM
I heard the gen 3 install is much easier then the 4 which also has me more ambitious to give it a whirl.

Creatre
11-21-2014, 01:58 PM
What is the main advantage for the headers? Power increase? Does it change the tone or something?

Seems like a lot of dough when aftermarket cats and catback already sound good. Can't find any before/after of just headers on youtube.

Srt10
11-21-2014, 02:01 PM
if you try one, remember to wrap the headers. don't think they are heat coated.

if it doesn't have the same cracking issues i might even be interested.

Timnineside
11-21-2014, 02:01 PM
What is the main advantage for the headers? Power increase? Does it change the tone or something?

Seems like a lot of dough when aftermarket cats and catback already sound good. Can't find any before/after of just headers on youtube.

Good point. Mainly sound I suppose. I know the full Belanger on my 08 was insane. I would be doing corsas with these if I did them and no cats. After installing the Belanger on my 08 you could feel a significant power increase and the sounds was perfect.

FastMatt
11-21-2014, 08:15 PM
if you try one, remember to wrap the headers. don't think they are heat coated.

if it doesn't have the same cracking issues i might even be interested.

If you wrap those china headers they probably will crack in weeks. That China stuff in most cases is quite bad. The cheapest whore is not always the best whore for the money......

SA Heat
11-21-2014, 08:31 PM
I'm thinking you'll get what you pay for with those.....and besides, not paying the usual Viper tax for exhaust components is sacrilege. Shame on you.

Shooter
11-22-2014, 05:41 AM
Chinese junk. Have at it. Do they come with fortune cookies?

Sybil TF
11-22-2014, 06:36 AM
If you wrap those china headers they probably will crack in weeks. That China stuff in most cases is quite bad. The cheapest whore is not always the best whore for the money......

LOL. Why anyone would want to wrap a header on a nice car is beyond me, or install an inferior part on it for that matter. You would be better off just waiting until someone has a quality used set for sale and get it coated. See them all the time.

Redx
11-24-2014, 02:53 PM
They look cheap, and like most people that buy them(on other vehicles) brace them up and have been proven to be good. A buddy runs a OBX manifold on his 750whp supra with some bracing for a few seasons now.

Timnineside
11-24-2014, 10:11 PM
Yeah I have decided to put the kibosh on the OBX idea. I figured if I did the work myself and with the warranty it would be interesting and would like to know what outcome is. If someone with a Gen 3 chimes in with a success story I may be interested but I'll keep on the look out for some used ones.

I believe I found some cat deletes and sides used so that will work for now.