PDA

View Full Version : Riley to continue GT3-R Program in the Tudor Championship

Solid Red 98
11-21-2014, 12:33 PM
Some good news for viper racing. Looks like Riley Motorsports and Ben Keating are to run the #33 for the full season next year in the Tudor championship. They recently tested 2 cars (the one that burned at Sebring is back and running again). The 2nd car isn't confirmed for the full season yet and could just run the 4 endurance rounds in the championship, although they are working on making both cars a full season effort. Marc Goosens and Kuno Wittmer were also at the test and are at the front of the list (as well as Dominik) for potential drivers if more cars are entered.

It's also good to note that a PWC spec 3rd car was tested too. Hope that means that they might be gearing up for a PWC effort as well.

http://sportscar365.com/imsa/tusc/riley-moving-forward-with-viper-gtd-program/

rw99
11-21-2014, 12:57 PM
Well, a bit of a silver lining. It would be fantastic to have a pair of Vipers in GTD, especially if the pro for car #2 was Kuno or Dominik. Which brings up the question: who's the best "gentleman driver" for a GT3-R, outside of Keating? And would that person have to carry a huge wallet?

FrankBarba
11-21-2014, 03:06 PM
Large Wallets are a must. I'm sure that if the pros take the ride there will be lots of advertising dollars.
All it takes is Money

Fatboy 18
11-21-2014, 03:07 PM
Thanks for the information, I wish the teams well, Gentleman Driver? Mmmmmmmm, Can I have a go :D

Sorry, no wallet though :(

Vprbite
11-21-2014, 07:39 PM
How long till they make the Viper carry extra weight because they are embarrassing all the other cars?

Really awesome news to hear. THANKS BEN and ViperExchange for carrying the racing torch for Viper. You guys rock!!!

J TNT
11-21-2014, 07:57 PM
Thanks for sharing ! I'll be sure to get out and cheer them on !!!;)

Late Apex
11-22-2014, 04:03 PM
You beat me too it as I was just going to post this great news !!!!!! Have tickets to the 24 and cannot wait to get there.

Leslie
11-22-2014, 04:04 PM
Wow AWSOME!

Shooter
11-23-2014, 06:03 AM
Large Wallets are a must. I'm sure that if the pros take the ride there will be lots of advertising dollars.
All it takes is Money

This. Anything else is a pipedream. Takes money.

MtnBiker
11-26-2014, 05:21 PM
That's great news. I look forward to cheering them on in 2015! Thanks Ben and Riley!

XSnake
11-27-2014, 09:54 AM
Great news!

Solid Red 98
01-09-2015, 07:02 PM
Here's the official word from Ben Keating and Riley Technologies on this season. Looks like they will be running 1 car for the full season and enter a 2nd for the Endurance Cup rounds (includes Daytona 24, Sebring 12 hour, Watkins Glen, and Petit Le Mans). Dominik, Kuno, and Marc are all at Daytona testing and may join Keating, Bleekemolen, and Al Carter as officially entered drivers. Go viper exchange go!

Also to note, after today's first first test sessions for the Roar Before the 24, the vipers are 1st and 2nd quickest. Still several days of testing, but they are hot off the trailer. I only hope they don't slap too many more restrictions on the cars come the race weekend later this month.

http://sportscar365.com/imsa/tusc/riley-motorsports-confirms-full-season-naec-programs/

Practice 1 results: http://www.imsa.com/sites/default/files/race_result_files/TUSC%20Roar-Daytona%20Practice%201_0.pdf

Practice 2 results: http://www.imsa.com/sites/default/files/race_result_files/TUSC%20Roar-Daytona%20Practice%202.pdf?invalidate-cache=1407465270

Fatboy 18
01-10-2015, 07:00 AM
So NOT the Le mans 24hrs at this stage. :(

Late Apex
01-10-2015, 07:41 AM
So NOT the Le mans 24hrs at this stage. :( Domestic series only so far. The forecast looks a lot warmer than past years and hope it stays the same. Froze our arses off last year when out of the infield coach. That wind at night can be a beeatch.

Simms
01-10-2015, 12:32 PM
Awesome! Hats off to Riley and Viper Exchange for continuing to support the Viper in racing.

Schen
01-10-2015, 12:44 PM
I'm very excited, very happy that Riley and Viper Exchange are carrying the torch. But between GTLM, GTD and the growing popularity of WC I'm starting to see more teams evolving into the GT3 category this year. I think it'll continue to grow too only because of the rules in place of the GTD class are probably a little more lenient than GTLM. Besides, what better than that motor in the GT3-R being so similar to a street Gen V motor. Kinda a bigger deal for manufacturers I think.

Also, I'm glad to see Kuno, Dom and Marc down there in Daytona helping out. That's a big plus. Another big plus is having Cameron Lawrence on the team. Cameron is a two-time Trans Am champion with the Challenger SRT getting the title last year. Kids pretty dominant, like the Jeff Gordon of sports car racing. Very down to earth too.

As for LeMans, will just have to see how things pan out but it's looking more positive everyday!

--RS

Solid Red 98
01-11-2015, 05:34 PM
After the 3 day test session, the Riley vipers were 1st and 2nd quickest in GTD. A little bit worried about how much faster they were...... might lead to some more BoP.

Overall results: http://www.imsa.com/sites/default/files/race_result_files/TUSC%20Roar-Daytona%20Combined%20P1-P8.pdf

XSnake
01-11-2015, 05:47 PM
Riley Viper's will easily have the best driver lineup in the GTD class. They have all the Pro or "Gold" drivers from the factory cars last year. I'm not sure who the amateur is gonna be for the #93 car. Ben will be in the #33.

Solid Red 98
01-11-2015, 06:52 PM
^Definitely. According to the 2015 official FIA driver ratings (which rates drivers bronze, silver, gold, and platinum) the Riley Motorsports drivers are as follows:
Ben Keating: Silver
Al Carter: Bronze
Dominik Farnbacher: Gold
Marc Goosens: Platinum
Kuno Wittmer: Platinum
Jeroen Bleekemolen: Platinum
Sebastiaan Bleekemolen: Silver
Cameron Lawrence: no official rating but I expect him to be bronze or silver (he is a SCCA TA2 champion and ran in the SRT supported Challengers last year)

Fatboy 18
01-12-2015, 02:48 AM
Would the ex factory car keep the red /white livery in the new series? It just looked stunning in those last few races.

XSnake
01-12-2015, 09:35 AM
Would the ex factory car keep the red /white livery in the new series? It just looked stunning in those last few races.

The 93 is not the ex factory car. The #33 car is the original #1 chassis that burned at Sebring last year. The #93 car was the car they finished the season with which is chassis #4.

rw99
01-12-2015, 11:49 AM
^Definitely. According to the 2015 official FIA driver ratings (which rates drivers bronze, silver, gold, and platinum) the Riley Motorsports drivers are as follows:
Ben Keating: Silver
Al Carter: Bronze
Dominik Farnbacher: Gold
Marc Goosens: Platinum
Kuno Wittmer: Platinum
Jeroen Bleekemolen: Platinum
Sebastiaan Bleekemolen: Silver
Cameron Lawrence: no official rating but I expect him to be bronze or silver (he is a SCCA TA2 champion and ran in the SRT supported Challengers last year)

Very interesting. Dominik is not Platinum? Huh.

Solid Red 98
01-12-2015, 12:42 PM
Very interesting. Dominik is not Platinum? Huh.

Yeah I was surprised about that too. IIRC the ratings aren't only about straight pace, but also championship success, previous experience, etc. I would still think Dominik would be a platinum driver though.....

Fatboy 18
01-12-2015, 01:38 PM
The 93 is not the ex factory car. The #33 car is the original #1 chassis that burned at Sebring last year. The #93 car was the car they finished the season with which is chassis #4.Got it, I think.....So the two Red White Factory Dodge SRT cars will remain parked? (car 91 and 93).

rw99
01-12-2015, 05:10 PM
Got it, I think.....So the two Red White Factory Dodge SRT cars will remain parked? (car 91 and 93).

Yah. Riley's running GT3-Rs in the GTD class.

Solid Red 98
01-12-2015, 08:00 PM
Yah. Riley's running GT3-Rs in the GTD class.

The GTLM spec GTS-Rs will remain parked for now, however Riley Motorsports is supposedly very close to completing a campaign at the 24 hours of le mans this year with the GTS-Rs. With the latest sponsor and other program announcements for their U.S. campaign with the GT3-Rs, things are looking more likely. Keeping my fingers crossed!

XSnake
01-12-2015, 08:38 PM
Got it, I think.....So the two Red White Factory Dodge SRT cars will remain parked? (car 91 and 93).

Correct. But, Bill is on record as saying the cars are too good to remain parked and wants to go to LeMans with them. Hoping that happens

daytonprowler
01-12-2015, 10:35 PM
I'm ready to get my ticket to France. :) Having Chrysler (Viper), GM (Corvette) and Ford (GT) there will be history. Hope they can pull this off.

Solid Red 98
01-21-2015, 04:58 PM
Riley Motorsports is closing in on a private, single car return to the 24 Hours of Le Mans with the mighty GTS-R. Things are looking good.....

http://sportscar365.com/lemans/lemans24/riley-targeting-lm24-entry-with-viper-gts-r/

Fatboy 18
02-05-2015, 09:18 AM
STOP PRESS: Just announced, Le mans 24hr Entry list.

1 SRT Viper has made the reserve list. There are 7 cars on the reserve list and the Viper is the First reserve car on the list, so whatever drops out between now and June, the viper will get a slot on the grid in Garage 56.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B9FtDTYCYAAnxxV.jpg

Thawk97
02-12-2015, 11:38 AM
Just saw this - nice!

FrankBarba
02-12-2015, 04:27 PM
A week after Ben's Win....He was interviewed on the NASCAR Channel on Sirus / XM
Great interview.....

Fatboy 18
03-04-2015, 02:55 AM
Well you never know, engineering developments may outdo the rules? Rules sometimes help teams to develop new ways to gain speed by looking at different options. Good luck to Bill Riley and Ben and the rest of the team :)

Simms
03-04-2015, 11:41 AM
After winning the Rolex 24hr the vipers have received the most BoP(Balance of Performance tables) changes for round 2 at Sebring

add 40 KG - up to 1375 KG
Loose 200 RPM - Max 6300 RPM
gain 1/2" ride height - Min static of 2.5"
Gain 5mm on gurney height of rear wing - bringing it to 15mm
Loose 1 litre of fuel - capacity now 100 litres

penalize the winner for fair play??

I'm sure I'm wrong, but it never seems that Corvette Racing gets as much restriction slapped on them when they win in GTLM.

rw99
03-04-2015, 11:51 AM
Wow, that seems like a harsh bundle of restrictions to impose after a single race.