PDA

View Full Version : Z06 isn't even out yet and you can get discounts...

ViperSmith
11-17-2014, 06:07 PM
The M7 isn't moving quite as well as Chevy thought, apparently.

http://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-z06-discussion/3562113-z06-7-speed-now-being-discounted.html

Two of the big dealers have about 30 open order slots for the M7 they need to fill by Wednesday, seemingly with no bites.

XSnake
11-17-2014, 06:24 PM
Ouch

Vprbite
11-17-2014, 08:40 PM
Well I remember when the HP on the entry level C7 got announced the vette crowd went nuts over it. They claimed it was insultingly low. Perhaps the car is not appealing to their core market. The C6 was a hit. Maybe the C7 arrived too soon?

I don't care for it but then I never have been into Vettes.

ViperSmith
11-17-2014, 09:30 PM
Well I remember when the HP on the entry level C7 got announced the vette crowd went nuts over it. They claimed it was insultingly low. Perhaps the car is not appealing to their core market. The C6 was a hit. Maybe the C7 arrived too soon?

I don't care for it but then I never have been into Vettes.

Apparently 70% of the demand is for the A8, I mean all those 70yo corevette buyers it is hard to shift :p I kid I kid

It will be interesting to see once the A8 order banks open up if the trend continues. In reality if it is a big up tick just another sign the manual is on its death bed.

Vprbite
11-17-2014, 11:04 PM
Was it still up for discussion that the manual was on its way out? I thought we knew. Though I have faith that the the clutchless manual will evolve into something people like us will like. The Lexus LFA is already close the way it blips the throttle on shifts. Maybe we will see a gearshift but without a third pedal? Or a paddle shifter that has a more satisfying feel? If enough of us demand it in performance cars, I feel they will answer the call.

And yes the 70yo vette buyers do have trouble shifting. They had to make the speedometer bigger so they could see it and know when they had hit 40mph, which is as fast as they go to walgreens to pick up their prescriptions.

GBS
11-18-2014, 05:51 AM
I like the C7 Z06 and I'll probably end up buying one at some point. I don't care about being the first one to have anything especially at a premium price. The sooner they start discounting the cars the sooner I'll buy one.

Sybil TF
11-18-2014, 08:33 AM
, i mean all those 70yo corevette buyers it is hard to shift :p i kid i kid

lol

v10enomous
11-18-2014, 10:36 AM
I just can't see coughing up that kind of money for a car that looks like it's wrapped in tin foil.

http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o67/charlielanz2/charlielanz2135/Santa_Chocolate_Lollipop_zpscce7f083.jpg

Nine Ball
11-18-2014, 12:23 PM
Not surprised. Mass produced, and not a whole lot distinguishable from the thousands of base C7's already driving around. Had the Z06 been released first, they'd have had a waiting line.

ViperSmith
11-18-2014, 12:42 PM
Not surprised. Mass produced, and not a whole lot distinguishable from the thousands of base C7's already driving around. Had the Z06 been released first, they'd have had a waiting line.

And now they are going to roll out the Grand Sport, which will look exactly like the Z06... lol

I'd like a Z06 A8, but I just can't get over the interior. It looks so bad. The start button looks like it came off a sony walkman.

Nine Ball
11-18-2014, 12:57 PM
At SEMA, the GM Parts reps were telling people about the appearance upgrades that people could buy to re-create the Z/28 Camaro and the Z06 Corvette, if they had base cars. They will sell every single part available. Had the stuff on display already.

So special*

v10enomous
11-18-2014, 01:07 PM
I would venture a guess that 10 times more people sell a Corvette to buy a Viper than sell a Viper to buy a Corvette.

Vprbite
11-18-2014, 01:21 PM
They don't yet make a Viper to Vette "kit car", V10enomois. And something tells me there isn't one on the horizon either.

I see what you are saying, NineBall. But isn't it always that way for corvettes that they are indistinguishable? It takes an educated eye to spot the difference, and even then you can be fooled by add on parts. I wonder if a year or two off would have done them better. It seems like it came so fast on the heels of the much loved C6. I am a bit shocked that they aren't even getting them ordered. I doubted you would see dealer market price adjustments but I thought they would at least sell the first ones.

v10enomous
11-18-2014, 05:15 PM
I just drove by my local Chevy dealer and they have a Z28 sitting in the showroom for almost 3 weeks now.

Sybil TF
11-18-2014, 09:01 PM
I would venture a guess that 10 times more people sell a Corvette to buy a Viper than sell a Viper to buy a Corvette.Corvette guys around here drool over mine, the only 96 GTS around here...

Synergy
11-19-2014, 10:36 AM
What's the average MSRP for a Z06?