PDA

View Full Version : Newbie Viper Owner from South Dakota

Scotty2Hoty
11-17-2014, 01:39 PM
Good afternoon,

I'm located out in good ole South Dakota by the Minnesota border... There's 7 inches of snow here already My 96 RT/10 has a E85 Supercharged, built motor with 200 shot of nitrous. Full Set of Koni Coil overs, Stop Tech Brakes, and SCT Tuner. Much more but those are the basics. It's going in for new paint and some airbrushing in the next few weeks. 598 HP / 712 Ft/lb Torque without NOS and over 850 HP with NOS. biggest problem is keeping it from spinning of course. I'm glad to have joined the group!

7675 7676 7677

rw99
11-17-2014, 01:53 PM
Hey, welcome to the forum. If you're not already a member of the VOA, I encourage you to have a look around the site. If you own a Viper, this site is the best resource and means to connect with an extensive community of fellow "Viperholics".

I grew up in Sioux Falls, so I can sympathize with having to deal with that white stuff. Kudos to you for persevering; it takes owners with an iron will to patiently wait month after month until it's Viper weather again. On the plus side, it sounds like your car's getting some work done in the off-season... we'll be here waiting for the before and after pics!

Scotty2Hoty
11-17-2014, 02:00 PM
I'm actually in Sioux Falls. :)

Bill Pemberton
11-17-2014, 07:10 PM
You need to completely join as you would be part of the Crossroads Club ( Nebraska, Iowa, and the Dakotas ). We have some killer events and sure you would be able to make some of them -- though I guess it will be when it is warmer, ha. Check membership and we have one of our members in Omaha who has a twin--- though he is the skinny , weakling compared to your motor, ha,ha!

Check out the Midwest Section too , and jump in and contribute with the rest of us here in the Heartland!

Stretch
11-17-2014, 07:24 PM
Welcome! That is one beautiful badass car!

Scotty2Hoty
11-17-2014, 08:20 PM
Thanks! How do I join the crossroads club?

Stretch
11-17-2014, 08:24 PM
At the top left of the webpage there is a link that says "Join". Once you get in there you can select a local region to be a part of. Crossroads will be one of the choices.

ICPREY
11-17-2014, 08:38 PM
Welcome,
How much boost are you running?

Scotty2Hoty
11-17-2014, 10:08 PM
I have the 10lb pulley on also. What numbers does yours run at? yours sounds very similar. I also have the bellanger headers. The motor had flat top pistons, roller rockers 9:1 compression similar heads. I pulled the vec off though I also have the methanol kit brand new but never installed it. Also mine is setup for straight e85. I had about 60 more hp running 110 leaded but e85 is 2 bucks a gallon versus 9.50 a gallon ;)

ICPREY
11-17-2014, 11:25 PM
672hp/655tq on 93 with 50/50 meth on a stock block plus the mods in my signature. I would have thought the ROE would have liked the E-85 better since it burns cooler and you can run it a little leaner. Maybe I'm wrong. What did you replace the VEC with? Nice ride!

BlknBlu
11-18-2014, 09:23 AM
S2H,

Congrats on the new ride. That car has a lot of cool features and the looks are stunning. Take your time in learning how to manage your new ride. You have a couple choices for clubs if you are interested in joining. Be looking for the Crossroads of America post in the next few months in the Midwest section for 2015 events.

Welcome
Bruce

Scotty2Hoty
11-18-2014, 02:22 PM
Yeah I first signed up on the VCA forum as I was unaware there was more then one group until I was reading a post by someone confused on VOA vs. VCA. I could tell immediately that I would prefer the VOA as users on here actually welcomed me when I joined the forum... My wife and I have 5 kids and definitely need a vacation. We are hoping to join a club that has events close to us so we can take road trips to them. I just need to make sure they sell E85 all the way there ;)

S2H,

Congrats on the new ride. That car has a lot of cool features and the looks are stunning. Take your time in learning how to manage your new ride. You have a couple choices for clubs if you are interested in joining. Be looking for the Crossroads of America post in the next few months in the Midwest section for 2015 events.

Welcome
Bruce

Scotty2Hoty
11-18-2014, 02:42 PM
According the tuner shop that just did the E85 conversion, the motor is setup for all or nothing with the Nitrous. With the lowered compression and the motor build it is setup to get much higher then 200 extra with the 200 shot of nitrous and E85 together. I only had it tuned for the E85 and will go back in after paint for the Nitrous tune. I had the Vec2 removed since they said it wasn't needed and the resolution with the SCT was just as good. I hit 670 ft/lb torque at 2400 rpm. I'm still learning :)

Here's some more specifics on what the motor has.
Crower cam #36415, Crane double valve spring upgrade. 1.7 roller rocker arms @ push rods. hydraulic roller arms, heads were hogged out with larger valves, ported polished 5 point valve grind. new valve seats, flat top pistons 9.1 ratio, they are ROSS, manly rods shot pinged. The roller rockers were 1 piece. Ten pound upper pulley, over sized harmonic balancer damper, 172 degree thermostat, Injector Dynamics 1000cc injectors, dual 465LPH Walbro fuel pumps, SCT handheld and computer reprogram, 200 Shot NOS with Remote tank shutoff and heater. Also has 800hp half shafts with loops, 3:33 ring and gear, Line lock, and hardened aftermarket transmission. I just ordered a Bluetooth adapter to connect to a 7 inch tablet I'm mounting in the dash that will have the Android Torque app so I can monitor the car while driving it.

Here's the tuner I used.
https://www.facebook.com/ExcessiveAutosports

672hp/655tq on 93 with 50/50 meth on a stock block plus the mods in my signature. I would have thought the ROE would have liked the E-85 better since it burns cooler and you can run it a little leaner. Maybe I'm wrong. What did you replace the VEC with? Nice ride!

V1P3R
11-18-2014, 05:25 PM
Congrats on the Viper and welcome!!!

I was just in Sioux Falls last Wed. Would have love to stop by and seen your Viper.

Scotty2Hoty
11-19-2014, 08:51 AM
let me know next time you are here I'm always around the area :)

Congrats on the Viper and welcome!!!

I was just in Sioux Falls last Wed. Would have love to stop by and seen your Viper.

Sybil TF
11-20-2014, 05:11 PM
With a username like that i demand to see pics!!!