PDA

View Full Version : Custom Garage Door Insulation?

72hemi
11-10-2014, 12:13 PM
So I have been thinking about adding those foam insulation blocks into the backside of my garage door and was thinking it would be cool to have some kind of a mural/art work imbedded into the tiles as it is a large area and would be a shame to leave simply blank and I was wondering if anyone has done that before or if there is a company that does it already?7547

345s-bspinnin
11-10-2014, 01:06 PM
I added 3/4" insulation panels to the garage door in order to better control heat/cold leaks. It is relatively inexpensive. Some type of art could easily be added to it.

http://i1227.photobucket.com/albums/ee424/345s-bspinnin/GOPR1914.jpg

http://i1227.photobucket.com/albums/ee424/345s-bspinnin/GarageInsulation.jpg

arizonajack
11-10-2014, 02:01 PM
You can google the topic for your city and probably find local artists who will come out and paint whatever you want once you get the insulation installed.

Torquemonster06
11-10-2014, 02:10 PM
arizonajack has the best idea. My doors were already insulated so I just kept the checkered pattern going....7551

Vprbite
11-10-2014, 02:44 PM
I would think a print shop could print anything you wanted. Then Just use spray adhesive. You could even do it in vinyl like a banner.

72hemi
11-12-2014, 08:39 AM
Thanks. I figured I could find a custom vinyl shop to make me whatever I wanted, but that would require a slight amount of effort to get the overall image laid out properly to accommodate the spacing between panels (I'm feeling lazy :p ) so I was hoping there was a company out there that is already setup and all I would have to do is provide an image (or perhaps they have some standard images already) and they would send me the decals to apply to the insulation, or the image printed on the insulation.

Still not sure what type of image I want on there whether it be some kind of scene or a logo or two or something else.

C.J
11-12-2014, 09:07 AM
If your current door has any dents or such, or you're thinking of a different look for the outside of the house, take a look at some of the newer doors. They are really nice and can add a nice look to your house and provide some serious insulation (R13 or R18, depending in thickness of door) to your garage.

I had to replace my old wood garage door a few years back and went with a Clopay R13 door. Two-sided steel with polyurethane foam filling the cavity in the door panels. Very stiff, very solid, doesn't dent when balls and such hit it, and insulates very well. Last time we had 9F temperatures outside, my garage was just about 50F inside...and that is an unheated (but attached) garage. The door is ultra-quiet too when opening and closing. Quite a nice change from the old wood door. :)

Uredra
07-30-2018, 07:22 AM
Spammer links removed, user banned

repiV
08-05-2018, 03:14 PM
I really like the idea and it got me to thinking.......................................... .................................................. .................................................. ............................................No
Haven't come up with anything but I'm still thinking................