PDA

View Full Version : I'm confused.

arizonajack
11-08-2014, 12:24 AM
I wanted a Viper for a long time and finally got one a few weeks ago - a 1996 Black RT 10.

So I'm checking for a Viper Club and I find the Viper Owners Association and Viper Club of America.

What's up with that?

Did people get mad at each other in the past and split into two factions?

Like Hatfields and McCoys?

Why need two national Viper Clubs?

Chorps
11-08-2014, 01:02 AM
Basically yes. Most of the Chapters have left the previous club and joined the VOA here.

Not sure how many people are over in the other site now but I don't think there are that many members.

Congrats on your Viper and welcome to the VOA. :D

XSnake
11-08-2014, 02:06 AM
Not only did people get mad the manufacture got mad a wrote a letter to the old club which was dismissed by the leadership there. Most of the information is available on the Alley and Jalponik did 3 stories on it as well IIRC. Most people got fed up and left and the VOA was started. This club has 1,800 member and the old club has about 300 if that tells you anything.

Fatboy 18
11-08-2014, 05:35 AM
There's more than Two clubs, theres Viper Passion too, (French club) :) All have websites and forum pages. As others said, lots of Politics involved with the Old Club, I think they are trying to turn things around but many had enough of the broken promises and a new International club was formed. All of us in the UK region left the old club and we now get monies back from membership which we can use for club events, that never happened in the old club! I find it more positive here too.

Now hit this button and let the fun begin :) Welcome.

http://driveviper.com//images/join-button.png (https://driveviper.com/join/)

plumcrazy
11-08-2014, 05:52 AM
this is the only club worth talking about and joining. thats all you need to know

uvbnbit
11-08-2014, 07:31 AM
Initiation, secret handshake and Hi sign are easier here http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-finger009.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php) http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-whacky110.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php)

Coloviper
11-08-2014, 07:34 AM
Well you are here so that is all that matters. VOA AZ chapter is awesome so if you are in AZ, would be most important to you.

whitebeard
11-08-2014, 08:09 AM
I wanted a Viper for a long time and finally got one a few weeks ago - a 1996 Black RT 10.

So I'm checking for a Viper Club and I find the Viper Owners Association and Viper Club of America.

What's up with that?

It started a long time ago and culminated in the site you see now. To go over history really wouldn't help much at this point. Suffice to say welcome and enjoy. If you have questions, ask. You will get as many answers as pages in the Webster's dictionary. But you will get answers to help and guide.

daytonprowler
11-08-2014, 09:06 AM
The VCA has only 3 known regions, a small one in Texas, a small one in Florida, and a small one in Switzerland. Most of the 300 or so people that signed up last year with the VCA did so because they were not informed about what was going on. Their few members are scattered so far throughout the country that depending on where you live, the nearest regional meeting or event may well be 2,000 miles away from you!

Currently the VCA is under an IRS investigation/audit including years all the way back to 2010. None of the 4 magazines for the 2014 membership year have even been printed or mailed to their members. These are magazines that are already paid for by their members. The lack of participation for their national event VOI13 COTA had devastating effects on them financially. And now with the IRS audit..........

Below is the map of regions for the VOA. 35 total active regions with 1856 members. :)

http://driveviper.com/images/voa-regions-map.png

VOA National Viper Event 1 (NVE1) - July 18-20th, 2014. VOA Viper owners group picture.
http://driveviper.com/images/front-page/renew-2014.jpg
VOA NAtion Viper Event (NVE1) at Conner Ave Assembly Plant (CAAP) home of Viper on day 1 of the event.
http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j347/Prowler2001/Prowler2001134/IMG_9576-WM_zpse5e9d86d.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The VCA's national event in Texas. Viper Owners Invitational (VOI13 COTA) group photo.
http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j347/Prowler2001/Prowler2001196/Capture_zpsae41f46a.jpg

BlknBlu
11-08-2014, 09:18 AM
As a shopper for a club, you need to do your homework and see what works best for you. You will find most here left the other organization for a lot of reasons. Most deal around Corruption from the top and was easier to start over than attempt to clean up the old Board members. Crossroads was able to start a region as a result of leaving the other club and we could not be happier. I see you posted on the other site too. People on both sites will try to sell you the reasons to join there club. For me the choice was obvious.

Good luck and enjoy your New Viper.

Bruce

WDW MKR
11-08-2014, 10:20 AM
Randall, what about Ohio starting a new VCA chapter? I got an email about a week or two ago.

VYPR BYT
11-08-2014, 11:52 AM
Randall, what about Ohio starting a new VCA chapter? I got an email about a week or two ago.

Ignore it... it isn't going anywhere nor do they have anything to offer. Just somebody trying to do something different that's all.

daytonprowler
11-08-2014, 12:01 PM

Isaac,

Yes we have had a few VOA Ohio Members contact us concerning an email blast that was sent out by Bill and Janey White. Bill White was our Ohio membership director and Janey was our Secretary/Treasurer. The VOA members that contacted us about the emails said they told the Whites they were not interested in the VCA.

There were many things, but the last straw was that we found out that the Whites were talking to the VCA National President Dan Everts and VCA National VP Greg Crouse about VOA club information in an attempt to undermine the VOA and the VOA Ohio Club.

At that point VOA Ohio Region President Terry Bosserman in agreement with the rest of the VOA Ohio Board members asked for Bill and Janey to resign their board/director positions with the VOA Ohio Region. They were not kicked out of the VOA Ohio Club, just asked to resign their board positions.

Bill and Janey have decided to illegally use a membership list that is not their property in an attempts to start a new Viper region for the VCA. We have discussed suing them over this breach of privacy acts, but at the end of the day what good would it do.

Our VOA Ohio Region is the 4th largest out of 35 regions of the VOA. Our members want to stay with their friends. This year the Ohio Club is celebrating it's 20th anniversary!

Unfortunately, the VCA has gone to these type of tactics. Dan Evert's and Greg Crouse's hatred for the VOA and me personally is very sad. They both have made it clear to many people that they are not going to let a f** get the best of them. LOL

All I can do is wish the Whites well on their VCA Ohio Club. Good luck. :)

JonB ~ PartsRack
11-08-2014, 12:13 PM

What's up with that?

Stop By and visit locally with former club prez MARV SPATZ, the back-bone-less AZ owner who was instrumental in destroying a once-great club.

arizonajack
11-08-2014, 12:14 PM
Thanks for the recap. It's unfortunate when that happens. I've seen it in other clubs.

Fatboy 18
11-08-2014, 12:48 PM
Now your not confused you can hit the join button :D

JANEY
11-08-2014, 02:13 PM
I am not sure if this is even going to be allowed on the site, but here goes.

1. Bill and I were totally loyal to the Ohio VOA until the President started stating certain things, which were not true.
Because of this I did not want any further termoil. so I resigned. At no time, when I was a VOA Member did I try to recruit people nor did I have any plans of joining the VCA. I joined the VCA after long discussions. After my resignation from the Ohio VOA, we were contacted by a few members of the Ohio VOA who asked us why we did not take over the Ohio VOA. We just told them we did not think it was worth it, just too much baggage. But after conversations with a few more people we joined the VCA and volunteered to start the Ohio VCA.

Members should take note..... members of the Ohio VOA You really did not have elections for officers, the President just appoints who he wants.

2. The continual hatered that the VOA displays towards the officers of the VCA is unrecipricated. The VCA has moved on and dealing with problems that they have found. They also are correcting problem that the members bring up which to me is an organization that is moving forward. We have had conversations with the entire board and have not found anything that was described by the VOA. In some ways it is ashame, that all the people with experience running clubs chose to split the organizations. If the organization had not split just imagion where the VCA would be today.

3. As far as using the membership list to contact people, somebody needs to take note if you do not want to be contacted by the VCA there is opt out on the bottom of each email. Of course anyone from the Ohio area does have our email and can contact us directly. We are not aware of anyone telling us not to contact them as of this date. As far as illegally using the membership list the only people that were contact were prior members and members of the VCA. Unlike what the VOA did in using the VCA list to contact the members we have never done that.

4. This is for everyone to take note. We were very surprised that there is a significant number of members signed up in Ohio and wanting to be active with a club. We are looking to have quite a bit of fun in the future.

I am sorry that this thread got high jacked but it is time to put the hatred to bed and move on. As I said on the VCA website, read both of the boards and make your own decision. No matter which club you choose you will have a great time with your Viper and Viper friends.

BlknBlu
11-08-2014, 02:32 PM
This thread is not about accusations and being defensive, it is a question by the OP on why there are 2 clubs. The short answer is management and how they are ran. No need to open up a can of worms and start defending and throwing stones at each other. Clubs are based on it's members and the direction they want with help from a governing body.

stay on topic

Enjoy your Viper

Bruce

Viper Girl
11-08-2014, 03:28 PM
Janey, I'm not sure what hatred you are referring to... We rarely, and I mean very rarely have any discussions of the VCA. The VOA moved on... period.

If you want to open a can of worms, we can all go there. To say the VCA unrecriprocated is just FALSE... For me, I like it here at the VOA... sorry it didn't work for you.
Enjoy your club choice...

Viper Girl
11-08-2014, 03:34 PM
Now I'm getting it that the OP posted the exact same post on both forums... LOL

:jerry:

keep it civil and classy people...

daytonprowler
11-08-2014, 03:46 PM
Looks like we've had 3 new VOA members join, and 8 VOA renewals since this thread started. AWESOME!

XSnake
11-08-2014, 03:52 PM
If you really are going to research the clubs and make a choice makeas to which is right for you make sure you have at least an hour to spare and read this thread: http://www.viperalley.com/forum/viper-discussions-gen-v/124857-viper-club-america-viper.html

Also, whoever said that VOA presidents get paid based on membership #'s over on the other site is outright lying. THAT'S the exact type of shit that everyone was tired of and left.

daytonprowler
11-08-2014, 03:54 PM
Arizonajack,

PM me your address and I'll have Barb or Bridgett send you our 3rd and latest edition of Viper Quarterly magazine, on me of course. :)

Here at the VOA we don't just "promise" magazines, we actually print them and send them to your home! :)

http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j347/Prowler2001/Mobile%20Uploads/Processing2_zpsaf168d0e.jpg

Janni
11-08-2014, 03:56 PM
I don't know Mr. cubican and he most certainly does not know me, but to post such false and inflammatory things is enough insight into why folks left that club and knew it did not represent what's good about Viper ownership.

James430
11-08-2014, 04:06 PM
The VCA has only 3 known regions, a small one in Texas, a small one in Florida, and a small one in Switzerland. Most of the 300 or so people that signed up last year with the VCA did so because they were not informed about what was going on. Their few members are scattered so far throughout the country that depending on where you live, the nearest regional meeting or event may well be 2,000 miles away from you!

Currently the VCA is under an IRS investigation/audit including years all the way back to 2010. None of the 4 magazines for the 2014 membership year have even been printed or mailed to their members. These are magazines that are already paid for by their members. The lack of participation for their national event VOI13 COTA had devastating effects on them financially. And now with the IRS audit..........

Below is the map of regions for the VOA. 35 total active regions with 1856 members. :)

http://driveviper.com/images/voa-regions-map.png

VOA National Viper Event 1 (NVE1) - July 18-20th, 2014. VOA Viper owners group picture.
http://driveviper.com/images/front-page/renew-2014.jpg
VOA NAtion Viper Event (NVE1) at Conner Ave Assembly Plant (CAAP) home of Viper on day 1 of the event.
http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j347/Prowler2001/Prowler2001134/IMG_9576-WM_zpse5e9d86d.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The VCA's national event in Texas. Viper Owners Invitational (VOI13 COTA) group photo.
http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j347/Prowler2001/Prowler2001196/Capture_zpsae41f46a.jpg

That's an interesting map of the regions Can you break it down to how many members are in each region?...it would make good food for thought...

Thanks

Granger73
11-08-2014, 04:06 PM
FOR SALE: One pair of rose colored glasses.
Contact Janey----VCA Ohio.

arizonajack
11-08-2014, 04:12 PM
Arizonajack,

PM me your address and I'll have Barb or Bridgett send you our 3rd and latest edition of Viper Quarterly magazine, on me of course. :)

Done.

arizonajack
11-08-2014, 04:23 PM
Now I'm getting it that the OP posted the exact same post on both forums... LOL

Of course. :D

I noted that the Arizona Viper Club is affiliated with VOA, so that might be a plus for VOA. I'll be dropping in on them on the 15th when they meet up for their trip to Tucson.

Thanks, everybody, I'm not confused anymore.

LifeIsGood
11-08-2014, 05:24 PM
Every time I read something about the VCA or from the VCA...it makes my head hurt. I think to myself...are these people stupid or just over the top naive. We've been down this road too many times. The VCA went into the crapper over a period of years. It didn't happen all of the sudden. Shooting it was the only recourse. It hasn't died, but it's clearly in ICU and on life support. Hopefully some day, some one will pull the plug.

ViperTony
11-08-2014, 06:25 PM
I don't know Mr. cubican and he most certainly does not know me, but to post such false and inflammatory things is enough insight into why folks left that club and knew it did not represent what's good about Viper ownership.

No, nobody in the VOA is paid. :rolleyes: Great example of why so many left the other club. Not surprised they're still clinging on to lies. The VOA doesn't hide it's membership count. It's clearly posted on our home page. Our BOD is vast and includes all region presidents and not hand-chosen lemmings. Magazines are delivered on time and high quality. Our NVE was wildly successful. We operate in a transparent manner. We don't have hidden forums and our discussions are not moderated, people aren't banned and posts don't mysteriously disappear. Just more chicken-shit antics from the cowards over there that can't come clean with the truth.

If you attended NVE1 then you know this club is not about politics, it about Vipers and camaraderie. Many good people here.

Join whichever club makes you happy or none at all. At the end of the day, enjoy your Viper. In the meantime, check out your local VOA region and have fun with your Viper.

Janni
11-08-2014, 07:14 PM
No, nobody in the VOA is paid. :rolleyes: Great example of why so many left the other club. Not surprised they're still clinging on to lies. The VOA doesn't hide it's membership count. It's clearly posted on our home page. Our BOD is vast and includes all region presidents and not hand-chosen lemmings. Magazines are delivered on time and high quality. Our NVE was wildly successful. We operate in a transparent manner. We don't have hidden forums and our discussions are not moderated, people aren't banned and posts don't mysteriously disappear. If you attended NVE1 then you know this club is not about politics, it about Vipers and camaraderie. Many good people here.

Join whichever club makes you happy or none at all. At the end of the day, enjoy your Viper. In the meantime, check out your local VOA region and have fun with your Viper.

You are CLEARLY biased... LOL!

daytonprowler
11-08-2014, 07:31 PM
That's an interesting map of the regions Can you break it down to how many members are in each region?...it would make good food for thought...

Thanks

It's a manual process to pull the regions, but I do know the top five.

1. Illinois
2. Southern California
3. Northern California
4. Ohio
5. NY/CT

Contact your regional President - Richard Sewell and he can tell you how many you have in your region.

The membership ticker on the home page goes up only after the credit card has gone through. So it is accurate. :)

Shooter
11-08-2014, 07:39 PM
I am not sure if this is even going to be allowed on the site, but here goes.

1. Bill and I were totally loyal to the Ohio VOA until the President started stating certain things, which were not true.

Members should take note..... members of the Ohio VOA You really did not have elections for officers, the President just appoints who he wants.

As you can see, somethings are a lot different here. No way in hell would the VCA let you post something like that.

But here are my questions. In the parts of your post I highlighted, there is no substance. For instance, what "certain" things were said?. Tell all us members here, the SPECIFIC things that were said. If you cannot, then I think your just full of crap, and up to the usual VCA BS.

Explain to us how the President "appoints just who he wants".

I'm a skeptic, but willing to listen.

JANEY
11-08-2014, 07:56 PM
As you can see, somethings are a lot different here. No way in hell would the VCA let you post something like that.

But here are my questions. In the parts of your post I highlighted, there is no substance. For instance, what "certain" things were said?. Tell all us members here, the SPECIFIC things that were said. If you cannot, then I think your just full of crap, and up to the usual VCA BS.

Explain to us how the President "appoints just who he wants".

I'm a skeptic, but willing to listen.

Shooter

The information about my husband leaving the VOA was to emailed to all of the Presidents and National Officers of the VOA.
Included in this email is the information to answer your questions. I suggest that you contact them.

Shooter
11-08-2014, 08:20 PM
Shooter

The information about my husband leaving the VOA was to emailed to all of the Presidents and National Officers of the VOA.
Included in this email is the information to answer your questions. I suggest that you contact them.

Is it so hard to let all us members see it?. That reply of yours reminds me of the way the VCA handled things.

ViperTony
11-08-2014, 08:22 PM
Explain to us how the President "appoints just who he wants". I'm a skeptic, but willing to listen.

Same here. Sorry Janey, I don't know what issue you're having but would like to help.

VYPR BYT
11-08-2014, 08:50 PM
No, nobody in the VOA is paid. :rolleyes: Great example of why so many left the other club. ... We operate in a transparent manner. We don't have hidden forums and our discussions are not moderated, people aren't banned and posts don't mysteriously disappear.

Hey arizonajack (and anyone else wondering) I just posted Matt's link to the Alley with all the info you're looking for over on the VCA thread you started... We'll see how long it takes before it goes poof and disappears. That should give you viable insight as to how they operate.

http://i1121.photobucket.com/albums/l514/VYPR_BYT_94/vcapost-alleylink_zpsc543e132.jpg (http://s1121.photobucket.com/user/VYPR_BYT_94/media/vcapost-alleylink_zpsc543e132.jpg.html)

FLATOUT
11-08-2014, 08:52 PM

Thanks

James I think we have over 60+ paid and active members in the Houston VOA.

daytonprowler
11-08-2014, 10:28 PM
Sorry GRANGER73, your number of 1859 is now incorrect..... :)

In just the last hour or so since your post at the VCA website, we had two more brand new VOA members sign up. One from Washington and another from Louisiana.

So we now have 1861 members running the VOA. :)

BlknBlu
11-08-2014, 11:36 PM
I have a confession to make, I do get paid. The gratification of the Crossroads of America region praises on a daily basis. I did not get any email regarding the comments above by Janey either.

Bruce

daytonprowler
11-09-2014, 12:25 AM
Hey arizonajack (and anyone else wondering) I just posted Matt's link to the Alley with all the info you're looking for over on the VCA thread you started... We'll see how long it takes before it goes poof and disappears. That should give you viable insight as to how they operate.

http://i1121.photobucket.com/albums/l514/VYPR_BYT_94/vcapost-alleylink_zpsc543e132.jpg (http://s1121.photobucket.com/user/VYPR_BYT_94/media/vcapost-alleylink_zpsc543e132.jpg.html)

You guessed it Mike. Take a look at the thread on the VCA website now. They deleted your post and GRANGER73's. LOL
And GRANGER73 is a paid VCA member.

Some things never change.

SmoknTires
11-09-2014, 01:43 AM
It's a long sorted story. But for the club I was part of from the very beginning for 20 years I'm sad to see censorship continues and so does misdirection to it's few members (ie "VOI being sold out", then only 25 cars show up... Used to be 1200 people at those events). They don't tell people how many members they have because nearly every region left - their highest contingent is Germany simply because news of the VOA wouldn't be shared there by their president - who is a VCA officer. In the US they generally get those folks who buy vipers and are unaware, but in short time they see that there are no real local regions and they come to VOA. And they enjoy blaming past leadership, but some of those very people are still there. And as for some of the past leadership they are referencing, all of those responsible for the debacle over the last 8 years haven't joined this club.

The whole ambition, since efforts to change the old club weren't working, was to start a new one that was built on the premise that control should be by the regions - so this club is run by over 40 people who are the presidents of the regions and officers of this club (and not the national officers). Aside from that, we don't have paid members running any pieces of the club, and we do a lot more with volunteers. We of course support our manufacturer, I won't even get into the ridiculousness of the past with the treatment of Chrysler, we left immediately when attacks began toward some of our favorite executives. And of course we don't have for profit businesses subsidizing us, we wanted to be 100 miles away from that. Add to that the transparency and quality that we said we wanted and would not waver, and here we are today. In the end we kept what worked, we changed what didn't. Frankly, the dedicated people who helped build the initial club (over 20 of them) and then all the presidents who then came aboard and helped kick it off, was amazing. The veteran ship from many, helped a lot. I myself can't believe how quick this all happened.

Anyway, that's the very short story. Looking ahead, everyone has pulled out of the history pretty quick and it's nice to be where we are and looking ahead. And while questions like this surface, it's less and less and I sense not long from now this will be forgotten. Nowadays we're just focused on the finer touches and now it's actually fun (soon to come: mobile forum app, merchandise store, digital mag, etc more...). I'm a big believer in club culture in large group dynamics. When you have a good foundation, the rest takes care of itself. Lots of positive people truly here for the right reason. On a different topic though, being in other clubs, I will say that Viper owners are the sweet spot when it comes to people. Not snobby, capable, grounded, and they like to DRIVE their cars the way they were designed to be driven. Makes it easy.

XSnake
11-09-2014, 07:26 AM
Shooter

I don't know how each region handled the move over to the new club and I obviously don't know each regions bylaws but most regions moved over to VOA and kept the local leadership structure without an election process. VCA did this on a National leadership level when CM was in charge remember? If your region elects every 2 years then I'm guessing this year would be the year that regions will start holding elections locally since we are in year 2 of VOA.

I also highly suggest everyone clicking the link in my signature to save your self from future headaches.

VYPR BYT
11-09-2014, 07:42 AM
BEFORE...

AFTER...

http://i1121.photobucket.com/albums/l514/VYPR_BYT_94/vcapostdeleted_zpsd6f0bb4e.jpg (http://s1121.photobucket.com/user/VYPR_BYT_94/media/vcapostdeleted_zpsd6f0bb4e.jpg.html)

History is revised only on the VCA ...
Unless of course they hack into my photobucket account. lol

FLATOUT
11-09-2014, 08:32 AM
Imagine that lol. Let it go NSANE1 guy, just let it die haha.

BEFORE...

AFTER...

http://i1121.photobucket.com/albums/l514/VYPR_BYT_94/vcapostdeleted_zpsd6f0bb4e.jpg (http://s1121.photobucket.com/user/VYPR_BYT_94/media/vcapostdeleted_zpsd6f0bb4e.jpg.html)

History is revised only on the VCA ...
Unless of course they hack into my photobucket account. lol

ViperTony
11-09-2014, 09:54 AM
Imagine that lol. Let it go NSANE1 guy, just let it die haha.

http://driveviper.com/forums/threads/6106-I-m-confused?p=89971&viewfull=1#post89971 and people thought I was making things up over the thread deletes. LMFAO.

Herrsss
11-09-2014, 10:36 AM
James I think we have over 60+ paid and active members in the Houston VOA.

We actually have 61 VOA members in the Houston Region

daytonprowler
11-09-2014, 11:08 AM
I don't know how each region handled the move over to the new club and I obviously don't know each regions bylaws but most regions moved over to VOA and kept the local leadership structure without an election process. VCA did this on a National leadership level when CM was in charge remember? If your region elects every 2 years then I'm guessing this year would be the year that regions will start holding elections locally since we are in year 2 of VOA.

I also highly suggest everyone clicking the link in my signature to save your self from future headaches.

The accusation by the Whites that there was no election process and that Terry Bosserman just picked people is a blatant LIE! Emails were sent by Janey White to the Ohio members about the election process. They were also included in the monthly newsletters sent to the members by Janey White.

May 28, 2014 - Excerpt from the VOA Ohio Region Newsletter "HISSSS NEWS"
President's Message:
"Please support the VOA and the Ohio Club
and try to make as many events as possible to show our support for the Vipers, Ohio members, SRT and Dodge.

This will be an election year for Ohio VOA board members,
so I need to know if we have any interested persons to run for the positions in the club.
I would also like for the members to email
tboss97viper@hotmail.com (tboss97viper@hotmail.com) or text me (419-722-0086) personally
to let me know if they are interested in me personally running for the position of President again."
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

July 3, 2014 - Email blast sent to Ohio Region Members:

WWHITE82@aol.com To WWHITE82@aol.com

"VOAOHIO ~ CLUB OFFICERS ELECTION IN SEPTEMBER, 2014 ~ PLEASE READ!

Ohio VOA'S 2015/2016
Officer Elections
will be held in September, 2014.

If you are interested in being a candidate
for the any of the Ohio VOA Officer positions,
you may do so by emailing......

Janey White,
Secretary/Treasurer
Ohio VOA
wwhite82@aol.com
330-219-6325

Emails must contain which Officer position you are interested in being a candidate for and must be received no later than
11:59 PM on Tuesday ~ July 15, 2014.

Terry Bosserman,
President,
Ohio VOA
tboss97viper@hotmail.com

Bob Bierman,
Vice President
Ohio VOA
weilandfrk@hotmail.com (weilandfrk@hotmail.com)

Janey White,
Secretary/Treasurer
Ohio VOA
wwhite82@aol.com "

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

July 9th, 2014 - Excerpt from the VOA Ohio Region Newsletter "HISSSS NEWS"

"OHIO VOA'S 2014
OFFICERS ELECTIONS

SEPTEMBER, 2014......

Ohio VOA'S 2015/2016
Officer Elections
will be held in September, 2014.

If you are interested in being a candidate
for the any of the Ohio VOA Officer positions,
you may do so by emailing......

Janey White,
Secretary/Treasurer
Ohio VOA
wwhite82@aol.com
330-219-6325

Emails must contain which Officer position you are interested in being a candidate for and must be received no later than
11:59 PM on Tuesday ~ July 15, 2014.

Terry Bosserman,
President,
Ohio VOA
tboss97viper@hotmail.com (tboss97viper@hotmail.com)

Bob Bierman,
Vice President
Ohio VOA

Janey White,
Secretary/Treasurer
Ohio VOA
wwhite82@aol.com (wwhite82@aol.com) "

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No members of the Ohio Region contacted the officers above about running for office. So there was no need for the election in September because everyone ran unopposed.

When Bill and Janey resigned it was Terry's responsibility and duty as President of the Club to fill their positions. With the blessing of the other Ohio Region Officers and Directors, Rich and Jenn Kautz are the new Secretary and Treasurer of the Ohio Region. They have been very active in the club for many years and we appreciate them taking the positions. We kind of had to throw Rich and Jenn into the "deep end" on their first day. They have done a FANTASTIC job right out of the gate. It takes many people to run an organization as big as the Ohio VOA. Mike Fargo took over the Membership Director duties when Bill vacated the position.

Here are the Board Members and Directors for the VOA Ohio Region for the next two years / 2015-2016.

I am very honored to be associated with each and every one of these people. Each one of these folks would be a great regional President. I thank them for their dedication to this wonderful club.

VOA Ohio Region Officers and Directors for 2015 & 2016

Terry Bosserman,
President
tboss97viper@hotmail.com (tboss97viper@hotmail.com)
419-424-3224 (tel:419-424-3224)

Bob Bierman,
Vice President
National Media Director VOA

Rich Kautz
Secretary
ohiovoa@comcast.net (ohiovoa@comcast.net)

Jenn Kautz
Treasurer
ohiovoa@comcast.net (ohiovoa@comcast.net)

Sam Goldfarb
Merchandise Director
guardian1@earthlink.net (guardian1@earthlink.net)

Randall Arnold
Fundraising and Charity Director
National Membership Director VOA
daytonprowler@yahoo.com (daytonprowler@yahoo.com)
937-470-8306 (tel:937-470-8306)

Mike Kovalkevich,
Technical Director
kickerxpl4@yahoo.com (kickerxpl4@yahoo.com)

Mike Fargo
Membership Director
michael.fargo1967@gmail.com (michael.fargo1967@gmail.com)

Tim O'Neil
Racing Director
oneilsdrivethru@gmail.com (oneilsdrivethru@gmail.com)

Robert Schwarzli
Media Director
moparnerd@yahoo.com (moparnerd@yahoo.com)

Jason Mattinson
Events Director
jason.mattinson@gmail.com (jason.mattinson@gmail.com)

Propsail
11-09-2014, 11:17 AM
:I bet the OP can't wait to join either club. :t0152:

ACRucrazy
11-09-2014, 11:22 AM

LOL.
My thoughts exactly.

daytonprowler
11-09-2014, 11:35 AM

LOL.
My thoughts exactly.

100% agree and I'm very sorry, but when someone tries to destroy a 20 year old club with lies, I see RED!

JANEY
11-09-2014, 11:41 AM
Is that not what you did. Randell

daytonprowler
11-09-2014, 12:09 PM

Questions usually end in a "?", and my name is spelled Randall. LOL

Enjoy your day! :)

Viper Girl
11-09-2014, 02:35 PM
Hey Janey,
Would you please have, and participate in the conversation we are having here by stopping the attempts to bait others? I think we can all have the conversation, keep to the subject, and not chum the forum with bait... :newbie:
Thanks!

http://driveviper.com/forums/images/icons/icon4.png General Forum Rules
General Forum Rules:

• While debating and discussion is fine, we will not tolerate, "vulgar profanity" (or attempts to bypass profanity filters), insulting posts, personal attacks or purposeless inflammatory posts. Our decision is final in these matters.

I'm sure you have seen the General Forum rules... but maybe others haven't... http://driveviper.com/forums/threads/117-General-Forum-Rules

SmoknTires
11-09-2014, 02:44 PM
And let's also stay on topic. Hijacking threads screws up the conversation for everyone.

Fatboy 18
11-09-2014, 03:04 PM
How about we close this thread now? The new Viper owner asked a question and got an Honest reply by members and was also directed to other websites to read up more if he so wished. :)

What has happened since then I don't thinks helps anyone, we all have our own take on things and some people will never agree on who said what who did what.

What is clear is that a New Club has been formed with many great people that are Passionate about the Viper brand :) Lets move forward and long live the VOA

Mark, UK
Proud to be a Mamba member.
1 of the 100's

Shooter
11-09-2014, 03:17 PM
I'm still waiting for answer's to my questions. Although I have been sent information, I haven't seen anything to corroborate the accusations that were posted here by the White's. Closing threads is the MO used on the other site.

Vprbite
11-09-2014, 04:17 PM
Well you are here so that is all that matters. VOA AZ chapter is awesome so if you are in AZ, would be most important to you.

Hey thanks for the plug, Coloviper. Yes I think we are pretty awesome. Definitely no shortage of great events and great people.

ArizonaJack, first of all congratulation on getting your dream car. You will find many of us here are in the same boat, as it was something we lusted after for years.

Secondly, as far as the clubs go...I don't want to talk trash or sling mud at the other club, especially in a place where they can't respond to any accusations I make, so I will tell you a couple thoughts from my perspective.
Many people here were upset at some things that were going on involving people being banned (effectively kicked out) of the club for the perceived reason of lining certain people's pockets. When this was brought up, many people felt their concerns were being squashed or that any dissention would be silenced.
Due to this, a couple of founding members (some of whom had been banned for expressing concern) started a new club. Each region gave its members the option to vote on which club the wanted to be part of. Many, about 90%, overwhelmingly voted to join with the new club.
I can say that if nothing else, I am so much happier with the new club. To me it seems much more inclusive and welcoming.

I invite you to join us on our upcoming cruise this weekend. I will PM you some info. Come along and see of you would like to be a member. You are absolutely welcome to be a member of the other club or both if you would like. Be advised though there is no Arizona chapter for the other club.

Welcome and I hope to meet you soon.

Viper Girl
11-09-2014, 04:21 PM
How about we close this thread now?
We don't usually close threads. If the thread has run it's course, no one will post to it...

Shooter
11-09-2014, 04:30 PM
You are absolutely welcome to be a member of the other club or both if you would like. Be advised though there is no Arizona chapter for the other club.

Welcome and I hope to meet you soon.

And that right there shows what a mess Marv Spatz was instrumental in making. From being the President of the National club, to having your region vote to leave. lol

Vprbite
11-09-2014, 04:37 PM
Hey shooter, please be nice. We as the Arizona club have no desire to dwell in negativity and also would like any new member to be saved any of the headache that the splintering of the club may cause.

I get what you are saying, but I would prefer to welcome a new member in a positive light. Thanks.

Shooter
11-09-2014, 04:51 PM
Hey shooter, please be nice. We as the Arizona club have no desire to dwell in negativity and also would like any new member to be saved any of the headache that the splintering of the club may cause.

I get what you are saying, but I would prefer to welcome a new member in a positive light. Thanks.

No you don't "get what I'm saying". If you did, you wouldn't have posted what you did. He constantly sent me threatening emails. Why would I spare him?. Remember, those who ignore history, are doomed to repeat history.

And I was being nice. Plus, it was a compliment to the new club. Bye now.

Viper Girl
11-09-2014, 05:02 PM
Vbite, Not saying I get what everyone posts here or anywhere else... but I think Shooter was pointing out Spatz being at the top of the mountain, to the bottom in a very short period of time. I don't think that is a reflection on the AZ club... It says more about the strength of the AZ membership didn't want any part of it and made a different choice...

Vprbite
11-09-2014, 05:21 PM
Shooter and Viper Girl...good point. I'm sorry shooter if I seemed condescending. That really wasn't my intention. You know I have respect for you and your contributions to the club. I was also completely unaware that you had received threatening emails. Thats disgusting behavior to be exhibited by a club president but unfortunately unsurprising.

I was just hoping to spare a new member from getting dragged into a very unpleasant matter. As an AZ member, I know exactly how things went down. In fact I was worried that we would be caught in a baby and bath water scenario when everything was happening. I was worried we would be lumped in with the behavior and choices of one person when that person did not speak for us.

I was merely trying to keep things positive for a new member. I see that it didn't come across that way and I take full responsibility for that. I will try and be more clear. I understand this topic is upsetting to all of us.

Thanks

ViperTony
11-09-2014, 05:22 PM
I love the passion in this club! Vprbite: I've heard nothing but positive news about the AZ club. Keep up the great work!

Vprbite
11-09-2014, 05:37 PM
Thanks Tony. I am glad to hear that. We are lucky to have great people in this club in all regions and it continues to make ownership so much more fun.

ViperSmith
11-09-2014, 07:46 PM
Go read the threads on Viper Alley and decide for yourself.

vipertank
11-09-2014, 08:40 PM
All I know is that since you live in AZ, you can drive your Viper all year long...you're very lucky, and you can go to so many awesome national parks and whatnot. Congrats on your new Viper!

Shooter
11-09-2014, 09:37 PM
I was just hoping to spare a new member from getting dragged into a very unpleasant matter. As an AZ member, I know exactly how things went down. In fact I was worried that we would be caught in a baby and bath water scenario when everything was happening. I was worried we would be lumped in with the behavior and choices of one person when that person did not speak for us.

I was merely trying to keep things positive for a new member. I see that it didn't come across that way and I take full responsibility for that. I will try and be more clear. I understand this topic is upsetting to all of us.

Thanks

You are right Vprbite. I could have been more clear. It's kudos to how far your region has come in the new club. It's the regions that will make or break this club, and it looks like y'all have a strong region. My apologies for letting my lack of respect for spatz carry over in my post.

arizonajack
11-09-2014, 10:14 PM
All I know is that since you live in AZ, you can drive your Viper all year long...you're very lucky, and you can go to so many awesome national parks and whatnot. Congrats on your new Viper!

Thanks, but it wasn't entirely luck. I'm a Bronx boy. Finished college in 1972, packed up the car, and took the advice of Horace Greeley (go west, young man), and I've been here ever since. Car collector's paradise. Nothing rusts in our dry heat. But brains do bake driving a convertible in the summer. I'm happy that the Viper has AC, although it'll be convertible weather until about May.

Vprbite
11-10-2014, 12:59 AM
Thank you, Shooter.

And yes Vipertank we can drive our Vipers all year long. Mostly. Sometimes Gen Is and IIs get a little cranky in the peak of summer. But I always feel for you guys that have to put them away for 5 months at a time. Seems like you cold weather guys make up for it by driving every possible day once the snow melts though.

Roddy
11-10-2014, 09:15 AM
Hmm, now I understand better. It seems the VCA has alot more "Legacy" information from being the older club. For example there is an illustrated how to section or something to that extent.. one in particular where some one has a "photo how-to" on removing the side sills and installing headers... but you have to pay $115 and be a memeber to see that section. I have no idea how good that section is as I am not a member there, but that "Legacy" info can be invaluable. Too bad that site/club went downhill.

ViperTony
11-10-2014, 09:28 AM
Hmm, now I understand better. It seems the VCA has alot more "Legacy" information from being the older club. For example there is an illustrated how to section or something to that extent.. one in particular where some one has a "photo how-to" on removing the side sills and installing headers... but you have to pay $115 and be a memeber to see that section. I have no idea how good that section is as I am not a member there, but that "Legacy" info can be invaluable. Too bad that site/club went downhill.

Actually, all of those legacy how to's can be found on other sites...Alley, Garage, VOA, etc. Google it. Members here are contributing fresh How-To's which are open to everyone. Some of the How To's are in video format. And since all forums are open to the public and searchable it's free to find information on all of these sites. http://driveviper.com/forums/forums/9-How-to-s. The How To section in the other club is stale and hasn't been updated in years.

The trick to finding good results within all of these sites is to is the Advanced Google search. Plug in the domain and keywords. It's much better than using the built-in search for vBulletin.

whitebeard
11-10-2014, 11:01 AM
Also some of the vendors are willing to help you as well. Depending on how busy they may be, you might end up on the phone for the afternoon or get instructions sent to you. It really helps having good working relationships with quality vendors and groups.

Win Win.

FLATOUT
11-10-2014, 11:08 AM
And many of the people that did those howto's are now on this site. I for one did some how to's on the old site but still enjoy a lifetime ban from the VCA :D

LifeIsGood
11-10-2014, 12:23 PM
And many of the people that did those howto's are now on this site. I for one did some how to's on the old site but still enjoy a lifetime ban from the VCA :D

I did many DIYs on that site, but have since changed the links to my pictures so they're not as useful. I'm also perma-banned...the reason for my ban was I made a post letting readers know that a new club/site was forming, the VOA. This is one of the many reasons why I hate/despise/loathe everything VCA!

Vprbite
11-10-2014, 02:41 PM
Seems a lifetime ban seemed to become a badge of honor. At least to me, everyone I know who got one also earned my respect.

For those that don't know, LifeIsGood did A TON of write ups on all kinds of stuff. Always very detailed too with lots of photos. So thanks for that, LIG. I am glad you changed your photos. Dnt let them have your work anymore.

TitleMine
11-10-2014, 02:51 PM
I did many DIYs on that site, but have since changed the links to my pictures so they're not as useful. I'm also perma-banned...the reason for my ban was I made a post letting readers know that a new club/site was forming, the VOA. This is one of the many reasons why I hate/despise/loathe everything VCA!

Cutting and pasting those with good links here would be super helpful. I know like 50% of the time I come to the forum it's looking for info about something that needs fixing.