PDA

View Full Version : Home Depot holds Islam sensitivity training for employees in Dearborn, Michigan

johniew398
10-30-2014, 06:11 PM
The article is somewhat misleading. Home Depot is not endorsing Sharia law; however,
it begs a question of why Home Depot management thinks they need employee sensitivity training
on Islam. Why not the same training for the Christian and Jewish religions?

http://joeforamerica.com/2014/05/home-depot-rolls-carpet-sharia-law/

plumcrazy
10-30-2014, 06:44 PM
ill be shopping at lowes from now on

johniew398
10-30-2014, 06:55 PM
ill be shopping at lowes from now on

Same here plus we have a Lowe's five minutes from our house.

Space Truckin
10-30-2014, 08:49 PM
What has happened to AMERICA!!!
Theodore Roosevelt's ideas on immigrants and being an AMERICAN in 1907.

"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Every American citizen needs to read this! :United_States:

RoyV101621
10-31-2014, 05:44 AM
My grandparents emigrated at a young age. They felt stongly in President Roosevelt's statement. I never dared respond to a question with the slang term, "Yea." They would scold my with, "What is Yea? Are you German?" They nolonger were!

Fatboy 18
10-31-2014, 06:47 AM
Looks like your Country is going the same way as mine :(

Late Apex
10-31-2014, 08:44 AM
ill be shopping at lowes from now on Lowes will probably follow this training soon as well. Its unfortunate but most large corporations have implemented this training, not just for this group but for all groups. The PC world we are in.

plumcrazy
10-31-2014, 09:17 AM
sad but very true.

ViperTony
10-31-2014, 09:24 AM
I'm not surprised by Home Depot's training. More than likely, one employee complained/threatened a lawsuit against the company because they had no "heightened religious accommodations" i.e. no special area to pray during their shift. And, of course, due to the needs of the few everyone at Home Depot must now suffer. The very thing these people are complaining about themselves. It's not the religion/cult that's offensive it's the hypocrisy of it all.

Home Depot, where not only can you buy a 4'x8' sheet of birch plywood, taping compound and pick up a few illegal aliens for day labor but you can also pull out a carpet from Aisle 3 and pray if you feel like it. It's OK, Home Depot will fence you off in Aisle 3 so nobody tramples over you.

This is not about being politically correct. We've been brain-washed into being "PC" but in reality political correctness has become a guise for pushing one's agendas and beliefs on to others. I find it amusing how anyone can use these two words together as if being Political can ever be Correct.

C.J
10-31-2014, 09:53 AM
HD is getting too foolish for words. As stated elsewhere, Lowe's will be getting my bidness going forward.

Viper Pit
10-31-2014, 10:58 AM
Lowes Look out! My company spends about 25k a month in job materials there. Well did.....
I just approached the mom and pop lumber store down the street, they are going to start inventorying what we use regularly. Made their day! Even got them to match the price!

Vprbite
11-01-2014, 04:32 PM
Viper Pit, that is great to gear. I think people will find that locally owned or, mom and pop if you prefer, are not usually exorbitantly more expensive than some of the bigger places. Also, you gotta factor in "what is your time worth?" The people at the small store will respect your time while the kids working part time will not and won't know their ass from a whole in the ground if you were to ask them a question. There is an ace near my house (franchised I know, but it's different to a big chain type store) and they know where their inventory is, what you may need, and how to do the job. They also get to kmow you and are pleasant to deal with. I have even found them helpful in saving me money by knowing exactly what I need to buy and telling me which pieces can safely be reused, etc. The biggest savings though is time. I can run down there mod-project, get what I need and be back to work. Obviously, Viper Pit, your needs are different from the average homeowner but your time is extremely valuable and having them order exactly what you need and care about keeping your business will probably goa long way towards saving you time and headaches.

As far was why sensitivity training for that religion and not others...well, someone from that religion probably complained and then purchased fertilizer, a length of pipe and a bunch of screws. I think you know where I am headed with this.

I don't know whatever happened to everyone just understanding that their little special thing isn't everybody's problem. But now it seems like everyone who has the slightest little issue will lose their mind over it and places are so scared of lawsuits they just cave. Now, if you said it bothered you that they are doing sensitivity training to pacify one religion then that apparently makes you a bigot and...the worst thing you can possibly be in this day and age...INTOLLERANT.

Tony_Clifton
11-02-2014, 12:28 AM
The article is somewhat misleading. Home Depot is not endorsing Sharia law; however,
it begs a question of why Home Depot management thinks they need employee sensitivity training
on Islam. Why not the same training for the Christian and Jewish religions?

http://joeforamerica.com/2014/05/home-depot-rolls-carpet-sharia-law/

I work in the hardware section at Home Depot and received sensitivity training regarding Pastafarian customers (flying spaghetti monster followers). Home Depot Employees are Encouraged to wear pasta strainers while at work to make the Pastafarians feel more comfortable shopping at Home Depot.

I actually decided to join the Pastafarian religion after the Home Depot sensitivity training. But I am attending an non gluten church. And my local church a only allows metal strainers. Plastic strains are considered blasphemous.

I find that I am much more sensitive in making sure that I am always suppressing American culture and values after the training I received at Home Depot.

I just got the memo that next month we need to sign up for ISIS sensitivity training. And employees are being told that it is offensive to ask an ISIS customer for ID if he is buying a hacksaw or any chopping or cutting tools.

Sybil TF
11-02-2014, 07:16 AM
Lowes Look out! My company spends about 25k a month in job materials there. Well did.....
I just approached the mom and pop lumber store down the street, they are going to start inventorying what we use regularly. Made their day! Even got them to match the price!
That is the way to go! Good for you!

johniew398
11-02-2014, 08:43 AM

Not sure I understand since Lowe's didn't do anything??

Vprbite
11-02-2014, 04:54 PM
Not sure I understand since Lowe's didn't do anything??

I think he meant "look out" as in "get ready for an onslaught of orders because people will no longer want to go to HD"

ViperSmith
11-03-2014, 10:30 PM
There is a massive Islamic population there. Why are people outraged they'd want to better serve customers?

LeadfootRT10
11-03-2014, 11:04 PM
There is a massive Islamic population there. Why are people outraged they'd want to better serve customers?

The reason the training exists is because of the exact sentiments expressed in this thread. It's not a bad business decision to know ALL your customers.