PDA

View Full Version : Moved from a supercharged GEN II to a GEN V

TheMadMachinist
10-29-2014, 05:22 PM
Hello,

I broke the crank snot off my 2000 GTS with a Paxton and built motor 750 RWHP last month and decided it was time for something with a factory warranty. So I sold it broken on the Alley and picked up a used 2013 GTS with 2000 miles.

Old

New

BlknBlu
10-29-2014, 05:24 PM
welcome, how do they compare?

Bruce

smhog
10-29-2014, 05:27 PM
That's a sick replacement you chose :)

Please post some more pics. Are those stripes that I can just barely see? :) Definitely need more pics.

I'm liking the Venom wheels more and more each time I see them.

Tim

Space Truckin
10-29-2014, 06:21 PM
Very NICE, LOVE the Venom wheels (I am just to much of a "clean freak", for all of the spokes) :-)

TheMadMachinist
10-30-2014, 04:07 AM
Bruce, Well they are apples and oranges in my mind, really two completely different animals in my opinion. I went a little over board with the GEN II and it was an E ticket ride for sure. But I found that I lost some of the things I really enjoyed the most about the car like going for a hour or two drive in the car and not being beat and having my ears ringing when I was done. It was very drivable at that power level it was just loud and you would smell the exhaust" the cats where hollowed out" The best way I can say it would be it was kind of harsh.
Now the 2013 is everything the 2000 wasn't. well mannered, really nice fit and finish, you can have a conversation with your passenger without yelling. The new Viper has come a long way. But you must remember I have never even rode in a GEN 3 or 4 so this car is quite a leap forward for me anyway.
To be honest if I had the room I would have keep the GEN II and fixed it and had the best of both worlds. Portably the biggest factor in getting rid of the GEN II was I had only had the car back from having the motor built for about two months before the crank broke. In the 14 months before that it when back and forth to the shop that built the motor no less that four times until they got it right and I only had the car two months during that time and it sat in the garage waiting on parts for half of that time. So I figured it was about time I got something with a factory warranty and cut my loses.
Now if I can do something with the seat in the new one. It really sucks, the GEN II fit me so much better. But aside from the seat issue and being a little down on power from the old one. It's the most fun I have ever had with my clothes on.

TheMadMachinist
10-30-2014, 04:17 AM
This is the only other pic I have of it.Full of bugs from the drive up from SolCal. Me and a buddy flew down on my birthday no less and drove it home. I even got a speeding ticket. This was the next morning and the guy next door came over to have a look at it. Gunmetal Pearl with black stripes. One of Nine I believe for this year.

Nine Ball
10-30-2014, 05:41 AM
Congrats! Gunmetal Pearl is a rare car, they look great. Let me know when you are ready for some more Forgelines on the new one :)

Tony