PDA

View Full Version : Old Tucson Cruise, save the Date and Teaser

Vprbite
10-23-2014, 08:54 AM
Save the date, unless yer yella!

Dust off your boots and shine up your spurs for our old west excursion. Nov 15 is our trip to Old Tucson for a beautiful drive winding through Gates Pass located in the Tucson Mountains out to Historic Old Tucson Studios. After enjoying all that Old Tucson has to offer, we will conclude the day with dinner at the Grill at the Westward Look Resort with beautiful views overlooking the city and out towards Southern Arizona, wrapping up the day together and then heading off home.

The official flyer will be sent out soon with the specific details, including all pertinent information about the drive and the fun things to expect during the event.

You are encouraged to look the part. Dress up in your best cowboy and cowgirl gear, and of course this includes other townspeople at the time such as bartenders or prospectors, whatever old west character you want to be. There will be a special prize awarded to the winner.

I look forward to sharing another piece of my town with the Viper Club and hope to see all of you at the event, making this yet again a great Tucson adventure!

Best Regards,
--Jeffrey Binder

P.S. Here is a movie I did in my previous Viper of the road we will be driving to get to our destination.

http://youtu.be/3E2QQKFWa7U

stryfe
10-24-2014, 07:45 PM
i clearly took the wrong road the last time my wife and i went out to Old Tucson.

Vprbite
10-25-2014, 02:48 AM
i clearly took the wrong road the last time my wife and i went out to Old Tucson.

Hehe...do you mean you really took a different road? Like you came around the south side where it is all straight as an arrow through three points? Probably the quicker way from where you live but gates pass is a great drive and definitely worth checking out for the sunset views. Or were you saying you took the same road but didn't get to drive it correctly : (

stryfe
10-27-2014, 05:29 PM
Hehe...do you mean you really took a different road? Like you came around the south side where it is all straight as an arrow through three points? Probably the quicker way from where you live but gates pass is a great drive and definitely worth checking out for the sunset views. Or were you saying you took the same road but didn't get to drive it correctly : (

Nope, we totally drove the straight and boring way. We were in my wife's car at the time, though, so it would have been wasted on a regular ol' Focus. I talked to a couple car guys I work with and they said it was a fun drive, too.

Someonewho
11-05-2014, 09:55 AM
New Member! I will be there for sure! Could you message me the times and meet location?

Vprbite
11-05-2014, 02:12 PM
Yes, I will PM you so check your inbox here. Glad to have you along.

Vprbite
11-14-2014, 08:12 PM
Just a reminder to everyone to bring a light jacket in case it gets a little chilly near the end of the day. You probably won't need it but just in case.

GABOON
11-16-2014, 10:44 AM
well, my run to tucson was low mileage trip; left home at 6:00am, drove mile and half, picked up friend and went another half mile and right rear tire killed itself!! so, then waited for aaa to show up--- got towed to tire shop, waited for them to open--- need another tire, got one at home; go get it, they put it on and good to go--- it was now 11:30! so i gave up on catching up with the pack and just went to the bar and had a pity party--- thinking i will continue my party again today!!! my total mileage was almost 6 miles for tucson trip. hope all went great for the club---so sorry i didn't make it!!!!

WhiteSnake
11-16-2014, 01:59 PM
Gaboon, Sorry you couldn't make it. To bad about the tire. Were both of your sidemount spares flat too? ;) Couldn't resist. We did miss your charming personality. :dude3: We had a great time. 21 people. Jeff and Emily did a great job. Lots of fun. We will refund your money since we didn't have to pay your entrance fee. I'll have ITSQUICK send you a check. However he doesn't move like his name suggests. ;)

LeadfootRT10
11-16-2014, 04:07 PM
Tough break on the tire. We'll have fun at the Christmas party, see ya there!

Vprbite
11-16-2014, 05:49 PM
Sorry to hear that. Luckily no damage was done when the tire died.

Vprbite
11-17-2014, 12:42 AM
I just wanted to thank everyone who came on the event. It was great to have such a big turnout. I hope you had a good time at Old Tucson and Westward Look. And we certainly got a beautiful day for the drive through Gates Pass and being outside. Thanks for coming and letting me share another piece of my town with you.

WhiteSnake
11-17-2014, 01:14 AM
Vprbite, We all had a great time! Thanks much for organizing this very interesting and fun event. The food was great at the Westward Look too! Wouldn't mind going back. What do you have in mind for next year?

ITSQK
11-17-2014, 09:00 AM
Gaboon, Sorry you couldn't make it. To bad about the tire. Were both of your sidemount spares flat too? ;) Couldn't resist. We did miss your charming personality. :dude3: We had a great time. 21 people. Jeff and Emily did a great job. Lots of fun. We will refund your money since we didn't have to pay your entrance fee. I'll have ITSQUICK send you a check. However he doesn't move like his name suggests. ;)

Hey Gaboon I know you have heard this before but "the check is in the mail". Seriously, it was mailed this morning. Sorry to hear you missed Old Tucson but so did Sharon and I. Will catch up with you at the Holiday Party.

Vprbite
11-17-2014, 12:49 PM
Vprbite, We all had a great time! Thanks much for organizing this very interesting and fun event. The food was great at the Westward Look too! Wouldn't mind going back. What do you have in mind for next year?

I love Westward Look. Emily and I go there a lot as I live so close. I made sure to tell them that they did a great job handling our big group so well. And accommodating us a little early. Next one I was thinking the Arizona Sonora Desert Museum. If we do an overnight we could also work in a tour of HiSpeed Customs. Or, we could do a three day Fri, Sat, Sun and do Tombstone, Bisbee and back. Those are great towns. Some great breweries and amazing history there with some cool old hotels.