PDA

View Full Version : new member

bmullins
11-16-2013, 09:13 PM
Nice to find this site-Have always had corvettes but hate the rear end side view of the new body style and love the viper conv so need some help deciding what to get and how not to get screwed. Have learned to avoid 04 and early 05 because of motor issues so should I just look for an 08 or newer and is a PSI trustworthy when buying out of state on say autotrader??? Really like the look of 05 yellow conv viper but r there any issues I would not be happy with that have been corrected in the 08 or newer???.
Thanks ,B

St.Char
11-16-2013, 10:01 PM
Welcome to VOA! I have been a Corvette guy as well, '05 Lingenfelter, and agree with you regarding the looks of the new C7. So, I decided to move into a Gen 3. I feel that this was a good starting point for me, abdolutley love the look and feel of the car. If you like the looks of an '05 and find a great buy on one like I did, I'm sure you would be extremely happy with it.

I kept my Vette for 3 weeks after my purchase of the Viper....just to make sure that this was the car for me, sold my Vette back to the original owner and now started modding the Viper. Regardess what year you choose, have it inspected and base your decision on that. If it's been well maintained and not abused, '04 and 5 are great cars. You will gain 100hp with the '08 and different hood too but you will pay considerably more for it. Add your location and maybe someone close may assist you.