PDA

View Full Version : Registration Announcement for Nov 18th

BlknBlu
11-16-2013, 09:53 AM
YOU ARE NOW OFFICIALLY A PART OF HISTORY

NEW CAR. NEW CLUB!
It's go time! After weeks of hard work, we are ready to open the doors to the new Viper Owners Association (VOA). VOA is a national organization that supports local region affiliates with membership services, a high quality quarterly magazine, a website and forums, liability insurance coverage, and much more to come! Our goal is simply to help club members have a more enjoyable Viper ownership experience. This is YOUR club, and your region president is a voting member of the Board of Directors.

THE BIG BANG THEORY
We are starting with a big bang with over 30 regions around the world that have formally signed up with VOA. Many are former VCA regions and a few new ones have spawned to fill in gaps. Our goal is to make this as seamless as possible for club members, so you'll have the same great local events along with similar national benefits. Unifying as one group makes it easier for SRT to communicate and extend benefits to us, rather than address 30+ separate little clubs.

DOORS OPEN ON 11/18 AT 12 PM EASTERN
Here's your chance to get in on the ground floor and show your support for the new club! To give everyone a fair chance to register early, registration begins on Monday, November 18, 2013 at 12 PM noon, Eastern Time. Membership numbers will be assigned on a first-come, first-served basis, so if you covet a low number, sign up early! You can register at www.driveviper.com or call 888.778.1545, but the website will probably be faster. Everyone who signs up before December 31st, 2013 will be considered a "Charter Member" and it will be indicated on your membership badge.

TWO MEMBERSHIP LEVELS
You can join as a standard member for $115/year or upgrade to the Mamba level membership for $150/year. 50% of your dues are returned to your region, the rest goes to cover the material cost of printing your magazine, your membership badge/packet, and liability insurance coverage (not overhead costs or salaries).

The Basic Membership level ($115.00) includes the following:

•VIPER QUARTERLY Magazine, the full color collectible magazine for Dodge and SRT Viper enthusiasts and the official publication of the Viper Owners Association.
•Your 2014 VOA membership card(s)and ID Badge(s)
•Liability insurance when attending VOA-sponsored events, as defined by the insurance policy (excludes racing, track, or competitive driving events)*
•Discounts with Viper Owners Association sponsors including many Mopar dealers, tuners, and aftermarket vendors.
•Special membership-only access and posting benefits on the Viper Owners Association Website www.driveviper.com
•Viper Owners will be noted on the forum pages as such while others will be noted as an “enthusiast”. Both Viper owners and enthusiasts are welcome.
•Involvement with a VOA region in your area.

The Mamba Membership level ($150.00)
In addition to the basic member benefits, Mamba Membership includes:

•Special Mamba Membership badges, decal, and VOA forum MAMBA tag.
•First Class Postage on your issues of VIPER QUARTERLY Magazine for faster delivery
•Acknowledgment on special Mamba Membership appreciation page in VIPER QUARTERLY Magazine.
•Special discounts at VOA national events
•More money back to your region!

LUCKY NUMBERS
Got a special number in mind? To help raise money to fund this new club, you can purchase specific numbers (if available).

#85-100 is $500
#100-9999 is $100. You can check availability in real time on the registration page.

SPEED UP YOUR REGISTRATION
To help you speed through registration, here's what you'll need:
o Your name & spouse's name (if applicable)
o Address
o Year, color, model, and VIN of Viper(s) you own (up to 3)

Decisions you'll need to make:
o Which region do you want to join? (One is automatically suggested, but be sure to verify it is your correct region.)
o $100 to purchase a specific number (starting above 100, up to four digits) You can check realtime for availability.
o $500 to purchase a number between 85 & 100 (if available)
o Option to purchase additional membership badges for family members ($5 ea)
o Option to purchase additional thank you gifts

A BIG THANK YOU
A big thank you goes to the officers, core team, forum moderators, hotline administrators, website programmer, all the many volunteers helping in the background, and of course the region presidents! The volunteerism and overwhelming support has been nothing short of amazing to get a club this size launched in just a couple of months.

WANT MORE INFOMATION?
Check us out at driveviper.com for more information about VOA. If you experience any problems with registration, contact Alex Ristanovic at Alex.Ristanovic@driveviper.com

Welcome to you all. We're looking forward to a fun and exciting year in 2014! Our new motto is "Live Life at Redline!" We hope you'll join us and help spread the word!

Maurice Liang
President
Viper Owners Association
maurice.liang@driveviper.com
www.driveviper.com

BlknBlu
11-18-2013, 08:01 AM
Registration is 3 hours away Crossroads of America.

Bruce

MtnBiker
11-18-2013, 09:47 AM
Stupid question....is there are link to the registration? How do we register?

BlknBlu
11-18-2013, 09:49 AM
the website will be getting a change at that same time and will show up there. There will be a join button.

www.driveviper.com

Bruce

BlknBlu
11-18-2013, 10:32 AM
less than 30 minutes away.

Bruce

BlknBlu
11-18-2013, 11:02 AM
Here you go.

https://driveviper.com/join/

Bruce

Alley
11-18-2013, 11:11 AM
I registered as fast as I could but only ended up with #128 :(

BlknBlu
11-18-2013, 11:39 AM
within the first 10 minutes, I got confirmation that 6 people have already joined.

Welcome to the Crossroads of America Viper Association.

Bruce

Husker
11-18-2013, 01:17 PM
I was waiting with all the info. Had to chase a guy out of my office so I could finish registering. Told him to come back later :dude3:

I seem that I have always had the number 13 in my life. So it is fitting to have 113.

HPmopars
11-18-2013, 01:30 PM
I fell asleep so I got number 305. :furious:

Bill Pemberton
11-18-2013, 01:52 PM
I kept picking numbers that were already taken so farther down the line , but neat to see we have folks already signed up today. Cool Deal and interesting to see folks paid extra to get fairly early numbers!!??!!

BlknBlu
11-18-2013, 04:27 PM
I am number 31 since I was part of the soft launch last week

Bruce

Bill Pemberton
11-18-2013, 06:03 PM
Wow,Bruce, same as the age you have been telling your girlfriend you are for years, ha,ha!

HPmopars
11-18-2013, 07:42 PM
I thought 31 was Bruce's top speed so far! :slap:

Husker
11-18-2013, 08:08 PM
I thought 31 was Bruce's top speed so far! :slap:

:t0135:

BlknBlu
11-21-2013, 05:48 AM
Newest update. We now know the plan and have begun the next steps. Here's the status:

We've negotiated with the current credit processor and they are just hesitant to open back up due to the large amount of $ flowing. We have a limited history and this particular processor is just skiddish. Many places are so risk averse these days because of the delicate state of the economy and the liability they have to ensure those who they are processing for are legit. We darn near quadrupled what they expected over a month... in 24 hours.

But, big good news. We've simply worked with a few other banks to seek a new credit card processor, one of them was the bank we currently have our account with. Throughout the day we had huge work completed and we've officially been approved and are now in the process of building a new credit gateway and reprogramming the site to work with them. This usually takes up to a week. We may get it done by this weekend, but could be Mon-Tues realistically until the gateway is up given the 3 entities that have to work together to get it done (the weekend screws us up). But it's what we have to do. And when it's done, we'll be in a better place - the terms from these guys are quite open with no limits. So we'll be in a good place.

So for now, we're going to pause web registrations and just switch to our current bank. However, people can continue to register via paper if they want. Folks can call the headquarters and ask it to be emailed or faxed to them. The number is 888-778-1545 or admin@driveviper.com. If you're hoping to get a lower number based on where we're at (we're in the 600's), the paper registration will get you registered so that you can keep getting the lower # assignment. But I think most will just wait a few days to get the gateway back up. We'll announce when it's done!

Bruce

Bill Pemberton
11-21-2013, 05:52 PM
Really amazing ,when you think about it, that there is so much interest we blew open the processor. Incredible, but folks can fax registrations in, or can they mail them in ----have not seen a address listed yet ,Bruce??

BlknBlu
11-21-2013, 05:58 PM
Here you go Bill.

regardless of the Portal timeframe to join, some folks may prefer to join by Mail.

here is the form
http://driveviper.com/download/2014-...gistration.pdf

Contact us
Thank you for your interest in contacting the Viper Owners Association. Our administrative offices may be reached by any of the following methods:

Phone: 888-778-1545 (M-F-8:30 am to 5 pm EST)

Email: admin@driveviper.com

Mail:
Viper Owners Association
PO Box 585
London, OH 43140

Bruce

BlknBlu
12-07-2013, 03:07 PM
good news folks.

We've switched over to our new credit processor yesterday and we have now brought the portal back on line. Please spread the news!

When using the online gateway, you can use credit card, but during the last couple weeks we've also built a method of paying by check as well. We'll shortly also have direct transfers as well as paypal in the near future, they are done and soon will be coded to the website as an option as well.

Everyone can register online at WWW.DRIVEVIPER.COM. You can also do a verbal or paper registration by calling the VOA HQ at (888) 778-1545 (M-F 8:30am-5pm EST).

I want to send a final thank you to all those who worked tirelessly in the background as well as all those folks awaiting to register! Let's continue to make history.

Thanks everyone!

Bruce

viperr
12-07-2013, 03:09 PM
What a great job in difficult times. Thanks again and let the membership numbers start counting up fast.