PDA

View Full Version : New owner form NJ here

Dajerseyviper
10-11-2014, 05:52 PM
Hay yall, my name is Jules and I just became a Proud owner of a 2002 RT10. I have always wanted a Viper since the late 90's when I rented one in Vegas and was bitten by the snake!!! Thing have arranged themselves in my life where I was able to sell one of my toys and purchase a Viper for a great price! It needed brakes bad, came with 3 tops and had a small chip in the door but I got the car for way under KBB or Edmunds price!!! Im happy with the purchase and can say it is my favorite car I have owned to date!! The car made 437whp BONE STOCK on my friends dyno. The stock exhaust is a bit quiet for my tastes and I may upgrade down the road just for the sound, but i plan on leaving her fairly stock...Im tired of modified race cars that cant be driven and spending more time working on them than driving them..

BlknBlu
10-11-2014, 06:07 PM
Congrats on the purchase and welcome to the VOA. I am the owner of a 2000 R/T 10 and 09 ACR. For bone stock that number is very high since the cars generate 450 hp from the factory.

Looks like a nice ride

Bruce

swexlin
10-11-2014, 06:47 PM
Welcome. That is a beautiful car, and she seems to be putting down a lot of power, that's close to where a stock Gen 3 dynos. You've probably heard this, but take some time to get used to the torque these cars put to the ground. Respect it, and learn to use it. And when you do, it will be a very rewarding driving experience. Lot of great people on this forum, and if you have questions, someone usually has the answer!

Scott

v10enomous
10-11-2014, 06:55 PM
Welcome... Beautiful car ! You can meet a lot of the New Jersey Crew and cruise with us tomorrow...

http://driveviper.com/forums/threads/5658-NJ-Fall-Foilage-Cruise-Sunday-10-12

Dajerseyviper
10-11-2014, 09:18 PM
Welcome... Beautiful car ! You can meet a lot of the New Jersey Crew and cruise with us tomorrow...

http://driveviper.com/forums/threads/5658-NJ-Fall-Foilage-Cruise-Sunday-10-12

To short of a notice for me, i have my sons soccer game tomorrow..Perhaps next time.

Dajerseyviper
10-11-2014, 09:20 PM
Welcome. That is a beautiful car, and she seems to be putting down a lot of power, that's close to where a stock Gen 3 dynos. You've probably heard this, but take some time to get used to the torque these cars put to the ground. Respect it, and learn to use it. And when you do, it will be a very rewarding driving experience. Lot of great people on this forum, and if you have questions, someone usually has the answer!

Scott

The TQ is no biggie, in fact this car is probably the slowest car out of my last several cars.. I had several 10 second cars prior to this. But the viper is just fun to drive. I do notice the car wheel hops like a bitch...I was told Gen II's are notorious for broken motor mounts, so Im gonna look into that and see about some nice polyurethane mounts..

- - - Updated - - -

Congrats on the purchase and welcome to the VOA. I am the owner of a 2000 R/T 10 and 09 ACR. For bone stock that number is very high since the cars generate 450 hp from the factory.

Looks like a nice ride

Bruce

Yeah I was expecting 390-400whp also, but it made 428/437/432 on the 3 passes..

Crotalidae
10-20-2014, 09:52 AM
Very nice, welcome aboard!!!