PDA

View Full Version : NARRA PartsRack GP of Sebring!

NARRA
10-06-2014, 03:38 PM
Greetings VOA Members,

The North American Road Racing Association is going to be at Sebring November 21-23. This will be our final event of the season and Saturday will include some very intense racing as a few of the class championships will be decided by this race.

I believe there are plans in the works for some of the regional clubs to attend, so maybe the officers can elaborate on that in this thread. It appears that Jon B. from Viper PartsRack will be on hand to help us out and drive the pace car!

If you want to be involved as a participant in the USGT or the USTT competition, I can answer any questions you may have.

http://narraonline.com

XSnake
10-06-2014, 08:51 PM
I'm registered for TT. The local VOA clubs will be hosting a meet at the event and we have a suite at the track and a catered lunch.

Magnus
10-08-2014, 11:57 AM
I'll be there racing my viper in GT-1.

Hopefully I do better this year than I did last. Here's my vid from last year:

https://vimeo.com/80316033

Keith Prociuk
2006 Dodge Viper, #9 GT-1

Russ Oasis
10-08-2014, 12:37 PM
I'll be there too (trying to keep Magnus behind me in GT-1 ;>) If any of the South Fl guys (my club) or anyone else wants to get a personalized tour of the track or hang out with us in the paddock, let me know and I'll make it happen. This event is not only the finals, but is also sponsored by my car sponsor, Parts Rack. Thank you Jon B.

NARRA
10-08-2014, 01:45 PM
Thanks for posting the video Magnus!

Russ, that's a generous offer to host a tour. Thanks very much. There will also be an opportunity for spectators to take their street car onto the track in non-competitive environment for FREE. During the lunch break on Saturday, NARRA will set aside time for speed controlled touring laps! You will get an entirely different perspective of the track and what it takes to do well at this world famous circuit. We are willing to bet Jon B. will want to be behind the wheel of the pace car and lead the touring laps.

We look forward to seeing you both there!

JonB ~ PartsRack
10-08-2014, 03:23 PM
Thanks for posting the video Magnus!

Russ, that's a generous offer to host a tour. Thanks very much. There will also be an opportunity for spectators to take their street car onto the track in non-competitive environment for FREE. During the lunch break on Saturday, NARRA will set aside time for speed controlled touring laps! You will get an entirely different perspective of the track and what it takes to do well at this world famous circuit. We are willing to bet Jon B. will want to be behind the wheel of the pace car and lead the touring laps.

We look forward to seeing you both there!

Yes Indeed, looks like I'll have at least one Gen 5 Official Pace Car, the 1st sponsored by WAYNE of Extreme Supercars (VOA Sponsor) {Wayne's Wings} in FL...

JonB ~ PartsRack
10-08-2014, 03:28 PM
I'm registered for TT. The local VOA clubs will be hosting a meet at the event and we have a suite at the track and a catered lunch.

Not only that, but PartsRack will sponsor a DOORPRIZE at that lunch: a Free Gen 5 Viper ! Just show up to be eligible.

And if you plan to attend, and want an Event Decal in advance, email me your postal mailing address: JonB@PartsRack.com MTGTS got the 1st pair.....

XSnake
10-08-2014, 04:36 PM
Not only that, but PartsRack will sponsor a DOORPRIZE at that lunch: a Free Gen 5 Viper ! Just show up to be eligible.

And if you plan to attend, and want an Event Decal in advance, email me your postal mailing address: JonB@PartsRack.com MTGTS got the 1st pair.....

Sounds like way better odds than NVE

NARRA
10-23-2014, 03:35 PM
The team at Xtreme Supercars in West Palm Beach have confirmed that they will provide us the use of a Viper for pace car services at Sebring! Special thanks to Wayne at Xtreme! We appreciate your generosity.

There is also a chance that Kuno Wittmer will be in attendance. He won't be racing, but maybe we can convince him to say a few words!

XSnake
10-23-2014, 07:08 PM
I've heard there may be a GT3-R there.... ;)

NARRA
10-25-2014, 11:01 AM
10 Vipers registered for competition so far!

NARRA
11-14-2014, 08:12 AM
One week until NARRA takes to the circuit at Sebring. The USGT entry list is very Viper biased! We hope to see a lot of the Florida Viper owners there!

Matt Terrico TBD 2010 Dodge Viper ACR-X
Joe Moholland GT2 2012 Chevrolet Corvette Z06
Rick MacPherson TBD 2012 Nissan GTR BE
David Greenman GT3 2000 Chevrolet Corvette Z06
Marc Montour GTU 2012 Dodge Viper Comp Coupe
L.P. Montour GTU 2011 Dodge Viper Comp Coupe
Robert Blake GT2 2010 Porsche GT3 Cup 3.8
Dave Moore GT1 2005 Dodge Viper Comp Coupe
Kathy Stout GT1 2004 Dodge Viper Comp Coupe
Jim Stout GTU 2005 Dodge Viper Comp Coupe
Russ Oasis GT1 2006 Dodge Viper Comp Coupe
Tom Atherton GT2 2005 Dodge Viper Comp Coupe
Keith Prociuk GT1 2013 Chevrolet Camaro TA2
Steven St John TBD 2010 Porsche GT3 CUP
Dan Knox GTU 2014 Dodge Viper GT3-R
David Ricci GT3 2011 CHEVROLET CAMARO RILEY TECHNOLOGIES
John Walczak GT3 Lotus Exige V6 Cup

XSnake
11-14-2014, 10:13 AM
My car was moved from TT to GT, I talked to Kim on Tues.

NARRA
11-14-2014, 12:46 PM
My car was moved from TT to GT, I talked to Kim on Tues.

Sorry Matt! The list above has been edited!

JonB ~ PartsRack
11-14-2014, 01:00 PM
And PartsRack has the Gen 5 Viper Doorprizes on the truck too......

We also have some 2014 Drivers Championship Checkered Flags to give away, and Kuno will be there to autograph them !

Viper Owners WILL get some swag at The NARRA-PartsRack Grand Prix of Sebring, and you might win a G5 Doorprize!

See Y'all There !

Magnus
11-17-2014, 05:08 PM
Looks like a good turnout.

If you guys have any Viper tuning questions, i'll be there. Feel free to ask.

- Keith @ HP Tuners

Vprbite
11-17-2014, 10:55 PM
I really wish I could be there. Perhaps if I ask nicely I can still get a sticker. Looks like a great turnout and some impressive Vipers out there.

GBS
11-18-2014, 05:40 AM
Sounds Nice!

JonB ~ PartsRack
11-18-2014, 04:32 PM
I really wish I could be there. Perhaps if I ask nicely I can still get a sticker. Looks like a great turnout and some impressive Vipers out there.

Done Deal

Vprbite
11-18-2014, 05:58 PM
Done Deal

WoooHooooo. Thanks!!! You rock as usual.

I am looking forward to it. Maybe I should put it on the back so corvettes get a chance to see it.

daytonprowler
11-22-2014, 10:14 AM
Pulled this off of our driveviper Instagram account. Looks like the VOA Suite at Sebring is well appointed.

Love the reading material.

Someone said that a Viper backed into the Sebring water main and flooded the whole paddock area yesterday.

http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j347/Prowler2001/Mobile%20Uploads/image-1_zpsa30f94b0.png

NARRA
11-24-2014, 12:16 PM
What a great weekend. Thank you to all the Viper owners who came out to watch the racing and cheer on the drivers. Special Viper thanks go to Jon B of PartsRack, Wayne of Xtreme Supercars, and Toddy of Bad Boyzz Garage. Results are up at http://narraonline.com/event-results/2014-event-results/282-sebring-2014-results.

A complete write up, photographs and more are being worked on right now. Of the 8 classes, Viper was the class champion car in 3 of them! In GTU it was Jim Stout and in GT1 it was Keith Prociuk. In the Whelen USTime Trial, Victor Caldarelli was the TT1 champion. Jim Stout was also the Viper Racing League champion. All Vipers in the USGT earned competed for that title regardless of class.

If you were there, we hope you had a good time. Yes there was a minor incident, but the "whole paddock area being completely flooded" is a gross overstatement.

Vprbite
11-24-2014, 02:39 PM
Damn that Gen V is sexy