PDA

View Full Version : New owner in Oklahoma

OnceBitten
10-04-2014, 08:05 PM
Hello all. New owner here. Recently purchased a 2000 ACR from a friend and former member here in Arizona. Im active duty Air Force stationed at Tinker AFB. I have always been into cars, and I do all my own work on them. Majority of my experience is in the 3S platform and still own multiple 3000GT both turbo and non. Ive wanted a viper ever since the 2nd gen hit the showroom way back when and its my dream come true to finally own one. There is a lot for me to learn still, but I will get there.

BlknBlu
10-04-2014, 08:13 PM
congrats and welcome.

You will love the ACR. Post some pics when you havea chance and look up Scott Manny the region President

Bruce

OnceBitten
10-04-2014, 08:29 PM
Thanks man. I will try and find some of the nicer pics of it to post up. Its a really clean car. Just rolled over 39k miles on it. Literally only damage on it is missing paint on the front lip and very bottom of passenger side sill.

OnceBitten
10-04-2014, 08:40 PM

- - - Updated - - -

There she is. Let me know what you guys think.

ICPREY
10-04-2014, 08:43 PM
Welcome! I've owned multiple VR4s and I currently DD my 99 Vr4. I like the Vr4s, but the Viper is in another league. Enjoy it and thanks for your service.

AZTVR
10-04-2014, 11:11 PM
Looks great ! ( From personal experience, and preference, that color especially looks great with silver stripes ! They can be done in vinyl and look as good as the OEM painted ones. Just sayin.' :D -- adds 25 hp, too )

SN95SNAKE
10-05-2014, 03:45 AM
Very clean! Congrats!

Crotalidae
10-05-2014, 10:11 AM
Very nice & welcome aboard!!!

OnceBitten
10-21-2014, 10:13 AM
And just like that. The car is totaled. Sorry guys there was nothing I can do. Scrap metal in the road became a skid plate. I was shot off the highway, through a fence, and into 2 concrete pillars and an electical junction box. Nothing I could do. Cop gave me a citation for attempting to avoid the debris. Insult to injury.

XSnake
10-21-2014, 10:30 AM
WOW, hope you are ok.

AZTVR
10-21-2014, 10:33 AM
And just like that. The car is totaled. Sorry guys there was nothing I can do. Scrap metal in the road became a skid plate. I was shot off the highway, through a fence, and into 2 concrete pillars and an electical junction box. Nothing I could do. Cop gave me a citation for attempting to avoid the debris. Insult to injury.

Very sorry to hear, and see. BTW, maybe you should have chosen a less tempting username on the forum ! LOL . The gravelings and other otherworld mischief makers pick up on that kind of thing.

Well, its just a car, and it looks like you walked away OK?, so in the grand scheme of things, you came out pretty well, I'd say.

OnceBitten
10-21-2014, 10:41 AM
Yeah. The username is an irony now. I walked away without a scratch. The car, not so much. I got a really good deal on it when I bought it, so I'm making a pretty good chunk of change from insurance. I either keep the car and break even, or walk and take $15k towards another one. Its a hard decision to make. This one can be saved as all damage is Cosmetic minus a broken rear control arm.

v10enomous
10-21-2014, 10:48 AM
You don't want the car fixed if it's pretty much totaled and you can get money for another. Walking away and wiping your hands clean with $15k more than you paid sounds like an easy decision to me. It doesn't sound like you had much time to accrue any sentimental value...

OnceBitten
10-21-2014, 10:53 AM
Very true, but it was my favorite gen, favorite color, ACR, heads cam car, and my first Viper. The sentimental value was immediate. I really dont have much choice but to walk though. Its the custom parts on it that make it even more difficult.

James430
10-21-2014, 11:23 AM
When I started reading the post I wasn't expecting the unhappy ending. At least your OK...It's just a car...Get you another one later on. I too am an old Air Force guy....Thanks for your service!!!!

chesapeake07
10-21-2014, 11:24 AM
When did this happen? I am so sorry.

Greg

OnceBitten
10-21-2014, 11:37 AM
Happened on the 9th. It was supposed to be its last drive before I parked it while I was on vacation. Turned out to be its last alright. Hopefully I can find a good replacement for it.

Scott Mannny
10-21-2014, 11:55 AM
I just sent you a PM, call me and maybe I can help you out

chesapeake07
10-21-2014, 01:08 PM
I had someone call me about an accident in OKC, but I didn't recognize the color/car. Again, I'm glad you're ok. It can be replaced.

Give Scott a call, he's a great guy.

XSnake
10-21-2014, 07:00 PM
Very true, but it was my favorite gen, favorite color, ACR, heads cam car, and my first Viper. The sentimental value was immediate. I really dont have much choice but to walk though. Its the custom parts on it that make it even more difficult.

I have a built motor heads/cam GTS for sale if you are looking to replace.

SN95SNAKE
10-22-2014, 12:55 AM
Sad to see it was wrecked. Was such a gorgeous car! At least you are ok!

OnceBitten
10-22-2014, 11:34 AM
MTGTS, I have already been eyeing your car. The only reason I haven contacted you yet was becasue im not a fan of Cognac interior color. I know this can be fixed, but until I have the final word from my insurance company and cash in hand I wasnt going to bug you about it. Feel free to send me any relevant information about the car though.

OnceBitten
10-22-2014, 12:50 PM
MTGTS, I just had a conversation with Scott about your car. When i get the final word from insurance that mine is indeed totaled, currently appealing, I will be in contact.

XSnake
10-22-2014, 12:51 PM
MTGTS, I have already been eyeing your car. The only reason I haven contacted you yet was becasue im not a fan of Cognac interior color. I know this can be fixed, but until I have the final word from my insurance company and cash in hand I wasnt going to bug you about it. Feel free to send me any relevant information about the car though.

I've put a lot of it to black already FYI. I think I put updated pics in the classifieds.

Call-811
02-28-2015, 09:41 AM
I'll be in Oklahoma City at the "Homebuilders Events Center" March 4th.

Scott Mannny
02-28-2015, 11:16 AM
^^^^^^^^^^

How long are you going to be in OKC???? We are going to have our VOA kickoff meeting the March 7th and your invited to come if you have time. Starts at 11:00 am, just pm me if you want me to pick you up!!