PDA

View Full Version : Thank you for your Blessings!

mjorgensen
10-02-2014, 12:23 PM
First I want to thank you all for your business, your friendships and your thoughtfulness over the years I have known you. I realize that we all get bombarded with charity requests and are not always receptive or can’t be. I understand and just want to thank you anyway especially if you can take a moment to read on.

It is that time of the year again when we at Woodhouse start our campaign to help fund the Backpack program for the Food Bank of the Heartland. We all know that people struggle day to day, that there are families in need of help. The children though are not in control of providing these basic needs each day it is up to the parents that have to choose to keep a roof over their head or food in the house. Our schools are filled with children (1 in 5) that may get their only meal during breakfast or lunch in school. When they go home for the weekend they have nothing or very little to eat till the next Monday. The Backpack program fills this gap so the children can have hope, can think and be active enough to be healthy.

For the small amount $160 (put into perspective for what we are up against and the blessings that we have) you can provide one child this gift for the school year. This is a gift that is not extravagant, random or useless, it is a gift of HOPE, of LOVE and the chance to provide for others the blessings that we have been given (nothing feels better than giving hope to a child).

Woodhouse challenged 12 employees to go just 24 hours without food or any other nourishment just for them to experience what it feels like. They are adults and cannot be compared to a child in this experience, but they did it and explained that your mood changes, your energy changes and your focus really changes. Now imagine a child, unlike these adults that knew they would eat as soon as the 24 hours was up, a child that has another full night and day to go till they know there is something to eat… Would you be able to do it and still feel the same about your life and the future?

I challenge you to try it; 1 day even 2 if you think it would be an easy challenge. If you make it 2 days great, now think about doing that each week all year long and being a scared child at the same time.

Last year Woodhouse helped raise $800,946, enough to provide for 5000 children (100% of the money raised for the Backpack program goes into the food and packaging), but it is a need that does not end, so we try each year to help. You can provide help all year long as well, some of us do this each pay period, and others among us do everything we can in this 3 month campaign.

There are over 88,000 kids just in Nebraska and western Iowa with this feeling every day, if you are willing to help bless these children with hope you can donate (tax deductible) either by visiting;

http://www.fooddriveonline.org/foodbankheartland/backpacks.php?c=17e1a84%20

Or

https://www.woodhouse.com/

Sending cash, check (made out to Foodbank for the Heartland) or I can even process a credit card for your donation by calling 402-677-2935. You can also add a donation to your vehicle purchase or service bill when you visit us.

I know that you are bombarded with fundraisers this time of year and that choosing a cause that touches your heart is what makes your decision easy. I would ask that you take the challenge for even a day and then think of the lives you can directly change with your blessing. If you have any questions or would like to help please feel free to contact me.

Thank you for taking the time to read this and think about the need, I hope it has resonated in your heart as much as it does in mine. I came from a family that would have benefited from a program like this and I’m blessed to be able to support one now.

Take care, and God Bless.

mjorgensen
10-03-2014, 03:19 PM
Thank you all for the continued support in 1 day we gathered in access of $5000! You can do everything on line or through me and with 0% of these funds going to any administrative fees it is a great value in "making a difference".

Thanks again,

mjorgensen
10-10-2014, 08:45 AM
Bump for the less fortunate.

Viper Red
10-10-2014, 12:32 PM
God bless!

mjorgensen
10-14-2014, 10:49 AM
Bumping for the children and the Foodbank.

Thanks to you I have collected almost $21,000 in a little over a week. If you have not found it on your heart to contribute please look at it again, please.

Thank you,

mjorgensen
10-30-2014, 01:45 PM
Thanks to all of the members that have given to this program, if you have not though please think about this great opportunity again. God Bless