PDA

View Full Version : Value of 5 Spokes with/without new PSS?

Rocket
11-15-2013, 10:38 AM
TIA. Have a set of 5 spokes - condition 9.5/10. Less than 2000 miles. No road rash. Most scratches/marks have happened while sitting in my basement. One wheel has some small ticks around the outside of the rim that I have not tried to polish out that happened when my friends tire changer had a plastic piece break off.

Currently, I have no tires mounted on the rims which also have the center caps and tire sensors. I do have a brand new set of PSS bought this summer that I was saving - but figured I might as well move them as well. (Won't have my friend mount them this time.) Shipping would seem to be expensive - (live in Iowa).

Value of just rims?
Value with tires mounted (285 fronts btw)?
Cost/Best way to ship?

Is it too early to be hoping for spring?

John

vipercollector
11-15-2013, 10:48 AM
When I sold my Gen2's, I found it cheaper to ship them with the tires on since it made the whole shipment over 200lbs (thus getting the UPS 100weight discount). If you know someone with a commercial account, you only need to be over 100 lbs. Can be multiple boxes in the shipment as well. As I recall, it was right around $200ish to ship all four to New York.

SSGNRDZ_28
11-15-2013, 11:02 AM
Value of wheels only - $2000+/- a few hundred. People will ask for center caps and sensors. Lower price will sell quicker. Cost to ship wheels only ~$125 or so via FedEx with an account.

Not sure about tires but I wouldn't mount them without a buyer. No need to spend money to put them together unless someone wants both, then it would be better to ship assembled.

All my opinion based on recent experience...