PDA

View Full Version : 24 hour Lemons at Houston Motorsports track !!

Late Apex
09-30-2014, 11:47 AM
I have been meaning to run this 24 hour race for years now and the next event is this Nov. 15 and 16. Unfortunately we are out of town that weekend but plan to run the next one as they run the 24 once or twice a year at that facility. The most you can pay to buy a clunker for the race is 500.00 and they have a tech inspection to make sure its valued at that and nothing more. Safety equipment can exceed the 500.00. Its all in fun and some buy a huge sled but usually the winner is in a small more reliable import. If any of the club members are interested in joining me as drivers, let me know. Usually its four drivers per team as its obvious each needs their break and rest between stints. Even 2 or more club car teams would be cool. The best part it is CHEAP to enter and close by. Each team comes up with their own race name like ViperHolics for example or any catchy name. Its not a serious but rather a fun event and they like it that way. Keep it in mind!!!!!https://www.24hoursoflemons.com/

345s-bspinnin
09-30-2014, 03:43 PM
I have been meaning to run this 24 hour race for years now and the next event is this Nov. 15 and 16. Unfortunately we are out of town that weekend but plan to run the next one as they run the 24 once or twice a year at that facility. The most you can pay to buy a clunker for the race is 500.00 and they have a tech inspection to make sure its valued at that and nothing more. Safety equipment can exceed the 500.00. Its all in fun and some buy a huge sled but usually the winner is in a small more reliable import. If any of the club members are interested in joining me as drivers, let me know. Usually its four drivers per team as its obvious each needs their break and rest between stints. Even 2 or more club car teams would be cool. The best part it is CHEAP to enter and close by. Each team comes up with their own race name like ViperHolics for example or any catchy name. Its not a serious but rather a fun event and they like it that way. Keep it in mind!!!!!https://www.24hoursoflemons.com/

I too have been wanting to do this 24 hour of Lemons for a long time. Please shoot me a PM to further discuss.

FLATOUT
09-30-2014, 04:23 PM
I'd love to do it also but would need to know a bit more about it.

Late Apex
09-30-2014, 05:32 PM
I'd love to do it also but would need to know a bit more about it. Click on the link I provided above for all the info. Lets dooooo this thing....

Late Apex
10-03-2014, 01:31 PM
I have had a huge response to this from the Houston club members and much appreciated. Speedy sent me some vital info about where to get the car from possibly and many who want to help with putting a team together. Keep in mind I am planning on getting this all together for NEXT years event so plenty of time so far. When they post the date for next years event I will act on it and start the gears in motion. Thanks to everyone who has shown interest so far. Mark

FrgMstr
10-03-2014, 01:33 PM
I spent a lot of time earlier this year working with a Chump Car (http://chumpcar.com/) team. Overall Chump Car tends to be a bit more refined if you guys are looking to get some serious wheel to wheel racing under your belts.

Late Apex
10-03-2014, 06:19 PM
I spent a lot of time earlier this year working with a Chump Car (http://chumpcar.com/) team. Overall Chump Car tends to be a bit more refined if you guys are looking to get some serious wheel to wheel racing under your belts. The only problem with this series is from what I see on their web site they dont run at Houston Motorsports Ranch which is close by and convenient to the Houston club members. It shows TWS but that place is closing if not already closed for events.

FrgMstr
10-03-2014, 06:23 PM
The only problem with this series is from what I see on their web site they dont run at Houston Motorsports Ranch which is close by and convenient to the Houston club members. It shows TWS but that place is closing if not already closed for events.

You would be correct, there is some traveling involved, but they race at some awesome tracks.