PDA

View Full Version : Dealer Service Recommendation in Northwest Chicago

BR0
09-29-2014, 10:51 AM
Hi Viper group,

I need to get some maintenance work done on my Gen V and would like to get some recommendations for a dealer. I’m hoping to stay nearby home in Elk Grove Village but I’m more interested in quality work and trusting that no one will take my precious out for a joy ride while I’m not around.

Any feedback is welcome, thanks for the help in advance.

GdBye
09-29-2014, 01:05 PM
Hi Viper group,

I need to get some maintenance work done on my Gen V and would like to get some recommendations for a dealer. I’m hoping to stay nearby home in Elk Grove Village but I’m more interested in quality work and trusting that no one will take my precious out for a joy ride while I’m not around.

Roanoke is a good choice and worth the drive. Stay away from St. Charles IL Dodge as I had a recent bad experience with that dealer involving service.

JonB ~ PartsRack
09-29-2014, 02:19 PM
TRUST ROANOKE DODGE 90 minutes (?) away. Roanoke IL 309 923 7171 Dave Remmert.

Also BILL SAMPOGNARO at FLOSSMOOR AUTO, Flossmoor IL 708 798 0806

1000% trustworthy

Troublemaker
09-29-2014, 05:54 PM
Bill at Flossmoor is a class act and one of coolest little Ma and Pa type shops I have been to. You will get a level of Service there you can't at a large dealer, it's more one on one. Roanoke is a little out there geographically, but a top notch dealer as well.

Photog1
09-29-2014, 10:08 PM
Hi Viper group,

Come to our meeting Wednesday and you can meet John from Roanoke. The only place to go!

BR0
10-01-2014, 12:51 PM
Thank for the feedback guys, it was informative. I actually purchased my viper from John down in Roanoke so if I were to have a serious issue with it I would be sure to drive or trailer it down there. However the issue I had was minor with the horn. All of a sudden it started going off for no reason. It wasn't honking like the security system was going off, it was like someone was laying on the horn. Sunday morning I had to pull a terminal off the battery in a panic until I could determine which fuses to pull. I know my neighbors were super excited to hear all that at about 10am.

So I took a chance on Zeigler Chrysler in Schaumburg and I'm happy to report that my experience was good. Bill wrote me up at the service desk and Gary started troubleshooting right away. It took about an hour for Gary to determine it was a malfunctioning horn switch behind the pad. Because this is not a common problem they have to order it from Detroit. They should get it next week and I will return for Gary to replace it for me.

I was very happy to learn it wasn't some odd electrical problem with my still very new baby. So she will be all fixed by next week!

Thanks again guys!