PDA

View Full Version : Challange Hellcat VIN #0001 sells for$825K at Barrett Jackson

LeadfootRT10
09-27-2014, 09:20 PM
http://www.drivesrt.com/news/2014/09/vin-0001-2015-dodge-challenger-srt-hellcat-raises-825000-for-charity.html

Whoa....

SlateEd
09-27-2014, 09:36 PM
Holy Schniekies.... and now you have an 825k Challenger and you won't even drive it to preserve the value... I hope whoever bought it also picks up a Manual transmission version to put some miles on!

that's terrific for charity though, and congrats to SRT for parlaying the marketing success of Hellcat into some big dollars!

Glhs110
09-27-2014, 10:41 PM
Rick Hendrick bought it! My guess is he is tired of driving all those million dollar corvettes, now he has a good street racing car!

ViperSmith
09-28-2014, 08:02 AM
The thing the Viper lacks is about an additional 3 decades of following that the Vette and Challeneger has going for it. Just creates a lot more interest. The Stryker Red paint on it was hot. Hopefully it is driven.

Shooter
09-28-2014, 08:33 AM
The thing the Viper lacks is about an additional 3 decades of following that the Vette and Challeneger has going for it. Just creates a lot more interest..

Has to be something like that. This car went for almost 3 times more then the 1st Gen V that was auctioned for charity.

Glhs110
09-28-2014, 09:11 AM
The Hellcat auction raised 1.65 million for Opportunity Village which is a great cause. Dodge/SRT did all the right pre-auction promotion for the car and the cause. Hats off to Tim for following the car all the way to the auction block!

FLATOUT
09-28-2014, 02:38 PM
Or could it simply be marketing. I have never seen Dodge market a car with the same furver that they threw at this car. No one looks at any of the other new Chargers or Challengers as collectible. This number was based on all the hype that Dodge created.

Even at COTA this last weekend, a race weekend that should have been all about the Viper had the Hellcat front and center as the halo car with a "hype man" on the microphone revving the motor, letting people sit in and touch the car. Viper was off to the side with no one around it.

I have never seen a car (Viper) marketed so poorly. It almost seems to me like its on purpose. Even in Social Media Ralph for the most part is the only one that consistently leads the charge for Viper. Beth Peretta should be fired, barely saw her at COTA event even though the rest of the execs were around the Viper owners all weekend.

Fatboy 18
09-28-2014, 03:32 PM
!!!!! How Much !!!!!

Nuts :(

J TNT
09-28-2014, 03:35 PM
Still cheaper than a "HEMI CUDA" !.......LOL ! :)

v10enomous
09-28-2014, 03:36 PM
I see a lot of Viper guys picking up a Hellcat to compliment their Vipers.

Shooter
09-28-2014, 04:51 PM

I'm gonna pick up another Viper to compliment my Viper. But if they ever make a "Helljeep"....I'm buying one. :)

ViperSmith
09-28-2014, 05:53 PM
I'm gonna pick up another Viper to compliment my Viper. But if they ever make a "Helljeep"....I'm buying one. :)

exaccctly

I can't even phantom a 707HP Jeep LOL

Viper Girl
09-28-2014, 07:12 PM
I'm good with #180 at MSRP... LOL

FLATOUT
09-28-2014, 07:15 PM

I'd also pick up a second Viper or SRT8 Jeep.

C.J
09-29-2014, 07:41 AM
I can't even phantom a 707HP Jeep LOL

Gotta love autocorrect. ;)

Nine Ball
09-29-2014, 10:33 AM
I have never seen a car (Viper) marketed so poorly. It almost seems to me like its on purpose. Even in Social Media Ralph for the most part is the only one that consistently leads the charge for Viper. Beth Peretta should be fired, barely saw her at COTA event even though the rest of the execs were around the Viper owners all weekend.

I also found that odd. THE marketing person for the Viper was never around the group of people she should be marketing to, yet the executive and engineers were around us all the time. She should have been up on that stage talking about the Viper at COTA. What does she do again?

ViperTony
09-29-2014, 10:51 AM
Dodge is doing the marketing right for Hellcat. Great Marketing + Over The Top 707HP = Win. I don't know what's going on with Viper marketing over there but it has been, for the most part, non-existent for Viper for some time. Looking back, the best "marketing" for the Viper was the ACR record time at the Ring. That generated a great deal of publicity for the then GenIV. That was not something born out of the marketing department. Which is probably why it worked.

Nine Ball
09-29-2014, 11:05 AM
Dodge is doing the marketing right for Hellcat. Great Marketing + Over The Top 707HP = Win. I don't know what's going on with Viper marketing over there but it has been, for the most part, non-existent for Viper for some time. Looking back, the best "marketing" for the Viper was the ACR record time at the Ring. That generated a great deal of publicity for the then GenIV. That was not something born out of the marketing department. Which is probably why it worked.

That wasn't Dodge though. That was Tomball Dodge and Viper Exchange's cost.

XSnake
09-29-2014, 11:15 AM

Viper marketing budget is in the race teams

ViperSmith
09-29-2014, 11:26 AM
Gotta love autocorrect. ;)

lol i know

Coloviper
09-29-2014, 06:22 PM
I am not sure what they have for marketing Viper anymore. Heard Steve Sharples is no longer at Dodge/SRT, is that correct? They may have ditched almost that whole crew to start fresh? I would guess they are going through a major revamp on personnel and positions, just like the car will be going through a major revamp 2016 model year. Matt is right, win at the track is the best marketing they can do at the moment.

Beth is a nice enough person, I just don't think she was the right person for the Dodge/SRT/Viper. She never really bonded with the car enough to convey the confidence of the car and brand to the people. Viper is going to be placed back up on the pedestal soon enough but the Hellcat variants are going to enjoy some of the spot light for another year. However at the end of that year, "all hell's going to break loose" when that Hellfire comeith!

BigBadViper
09-30-2014, 05:08 PM
The marketing was good, but....It was more than that. Every forum you went to was talking about it because it had 700+ HP. It was self evolving. The same thing would have happened if they would have put that number in a viper. Now if they put 700 in the Viper it now matches the Hellcat. They need to beat it. If they put 750 in the Viper and marketed it right they would get the same result.