PDA

View Full Version : Emporio Motors a big FRAUD

ACR Steve
09-25-2014, 12:56 PM
Emporio Motor Emporio Motor Group Cars bought and sold they do not own ramsey New Jersey

They have been taking cars on consignment from individuals, sell them, but never pay the seller. The buyers of these cars never receive legal title, or only a forged title. If you have been a victim of these people, please file a report with the Ramsey, NJ police department, Detective Brad Smith, and the Bergen County DA - Mr. Benzel. This is wide ranging across many states. Do not do business at all with these people

They are now closed down assets seized by FBI
I hope non of you guys had dealings with them . They had a lot of cool cars but I always had a bad feeling about them. :) I learned to trust my instincts over the years especially with cars

Anonymous
09-25-2014, 03:07 PM
I think I read something on the alley about somebody with a car they bought but did not recieve the title!

plumcrazy
09-25-2014, 03:17 PM
always nice cars there. i go by it pretty often

v10enomous
09-25-2014, 03:41 PM
That's awful ! I hope there will be some way for the buyers and sellers and possibly the lenders to be compensated. I hope the seized funds covers at least some of the losses.

What a mess.

plumcrazy
09-25-2014, 04:11 PM
got to admit, thats a hell of a profitable business

ACR Steve
09-25-2014, 04:21 PM
Plum it is and it guarantees that you will make a fine wife in prison :)

Vprbite
09-25-2014, 05:12 PM
That's good you are getting the name out there to warn potential buyers of what they can expect from this place. I know of a few places in Scottsdale that run similar scams. One of the things they do is continually change their name, sometimes almost imperceptibly, but it helps them stay on the run from law enforcement. For example (just for the sake of an example, no allegations meant or implied, this is simplymfor the sake of illustration) they will change from "Extreme Motorcar Co" to "Extreme Motorcars Co"...they don't even have to change the sign but they are now a different business with a different owner. A round robin of owners between the 4 of the slime balls that run the place. They will even have a really slick looking website. Of course a lot of their business is from total dregs of society who pretty much know what they are doing but it is the only way they would get a Murcialago because they are paying with drug money anyway. But of course you will get a normal, stand up guy who thinks he is getting a good deal in his dream car and then, bam, 2 months later he gets told it isn't his car and that it was never supposed to be sold. Then begins the legal nightmare of suing a company that has disappeared and is no longer there to be sued, followed by the biggest kick in the nuts which is a judgement in your favor that is effectively useless. You know, blood from a turnip and such. You have a 150k dollar judgement against a guy who has 12 bucks in his bank account.

It's an absolutely terrible thing for people to have to experience. In fact, when I was looking for my first Viper in 2009 I did a simple google search of an exotic dealer in Florida that appeared to have great inventory of Vipers and other exotics and a great website, lots of photos of every car, very complete deacription. It seemed like a good place. well, I did a simple google search and read scathing reviews alleging Impropriety. The stuff you speak of, selling cars that weren't theirs, to selling salvaged cars that had been cosmetically repaired but were still a mess, and how they had changed their name several times, all the typical shady dealer kind of stuff. Well it was enough to keep me as far away as possible. I really hope people at do that kind of stuff burn in hell. What they put people through is a waking nightmare and they end up with tons of their hard earned money just flat out gone with no recourse.

Tha is for the heads up on the place and hopefully people know to avoid anyone who was even associated with them.

mikesax
09-26-2014, 05:46 PM
Funny to hear this-I live one mile from there and one of my coworkers told me this story this morning! Drove by on my way home and EVERYTHING is gone!! When it comes to "used car dealers"-BE CAREFUL!! We've ALL known this since we were kids!! USED CAR SALESMAN ADDAGE HOLDS TRUE-AGAIN!!

bobby
12-10-2014, 06:08 PM
I bought my viper from Emporio and for the past few months i have been trying to figure out how to handle the horrible situation. i finally get my dream car and then this happened. The previous owner is still currently paying his loan (almost as much as my new loan) while i currently also have a loan on the car. He may default if he cant pay and then his bank may be able to repossess it. I'm 27 and don't have enough money to cover both of our loans. We both basically got robbed by emoprio and the last thing i want is neither of us to end up with the car and both have loans to pay. I'm not sure what else to do so I thought i'd start a go fund me to try and raise some money to cover his loan so we can work it out so he doesn't default and possibly ruin his credit and mine as well. If anyone is able to donate a small amount i would really appreciate it everything will help. If not thats ok too. here is the link to the go fund me http://www.gofundme.com/io4wu8.

you can PM me if you have any questions.

PittsburghRT
12-11-2014, 08:30 AM
You should post this on ViperAlley to see if you can seek help.

I bought my viper from Emporio and for the past few months i have been trying to figure out how to handle the horrible situation. i finally get my dream car and then this happened. The previous owner is still currently paying his loan (almost as much as my new loan) while i currently also have a loan on the car. He may default if he cant pay and then his bank may be able to repossess it. I'm 27 and don't have enough money to cover both of our loans. We both basically got robbed by emoprio and the last thing i want is neither of us to end up with the car and both have loans to pay. I'm not sure what else to do so I thought i'd start a go fund me to try and raise some money to cover his loan so we can work it out so he doesn't default and possibly ruin his credit and mine as well. If anyone is able to donate a small amount i would really appreciate it everything will help. If not thats ok too. here is the link to the go fund me http://www.gofundme.com/io4wu8.

C.J
12-11-2014, 08:42 AM
... If you have been a victim of these people, please file a report with the Ramsey, NJ police department, Detective Brad Smith, and the Bergen County DA - Mr. Benzel. ...

Bobby, sorry to hear about this. ACR Steve has a good plan of action for you to pursue. Might also be interesting to talk with the NJ Attorney General's office.

ACR Steve
12-11-2014, 08:44 AM
You should be speaking to Bergen County PD they will set you up as a claimant and give you the contact to the investigator on the case. It may even be with the Feds now

bobby
12-11-2014, 09:37 AM
i've already talked with the Ramsey police dept and it is with the feds now. there isn't anything they can do for me they are concerned with finding the owner of Emporio. I've spoken with a lawyer I don't want to go into all the details but the outlook isn't good right now.

City
12-11-2014, 09:41 AM

You should speak with the Bergen County PD. Although I know no specifics, it is likely that one of the 2 bank liens is invalid.

v10enomous
12-11-2014, 05:55 PM
i've already talked with the Ramsey police dept and it is with the feds now. there isn't anything they can do for me they are concerned with finding the owner of Emporio. I've spoken with a lawyer I don't want to go into all the details but the outlook isn't good right now.

Who has the title ?

hmerrittiii
12-11-2014, 06:14 PM
I sold them a 2008 911 Turbo about a year and 1/2 ago, cash in fist before they got title. That is why its good to deal with franchised dealers when buying! I am sure he will surface again using a different name.

v10enomous
12-11-2014, 06:26 PM
Although I know no specifics, it is likely that one of the 2 bank liens is invalid.

I agree or there may not be a second lien becuase I think NJMVC verifies the liens. So I guess the car couldn't be registered ?

arizonajack
12-11-2014, 09:58 PM
it is likely that one of the 2 bank liens is invalid.

A lien might be invalid in that two banks can't repossess the same car.

But the loans are certainly valid and the banks will expect repayment by the borrowers even if they can't get at the car.

The loan contracts don't get forgiven just because the borrower got defrauded.

bobby
12-12-2014, 09:11 AM
yes, they still expect payment regardless of if we have the car or not.

Vprbite
12-13-2014, 03:24 PM
Man this is terrible to hear. It is basically exactly what my above post said. A waking nightmare for a good person who doesn't deserve this.

Yes, a bank loan does not get forgiven due to there being an issue on the car. Now, this is a longshot, but bank loans don't forgive but people do. Talk to someone at your bank. Tell them what happened. Make them an offer of paying them their interest. (Pay them the amount of money they would have made on the car loan) and see if they will wipe it clean. IT IS A LONGSHOT.but it is not beyond the realm of possibility. Most of all, they want paid. Pure and simple. They want paid. So offer them the money and the ability to walk from this mess clean and they may take it.

Best of luck man.

plumcrazy
12-13-2014, 03:35 PM
how does a bank loan get given out on a car that already has a loan on it ? isnt that bank doing any kind of research ?

Vprbite
12-13-2014, 04:00 PM
banks give loans ALL THE TIME on cars that have loans out on them. Most of the time when you buy a car from someone they have a loan out on it. They pay his bank bank and that bank releases the title. Nothing at all unusual about that. It usually doesn't get this far though because as soon as the bank doesn't recieve its title (usually within a couple of days from the other bank) they would start pitching a fit and the loan would probably not get funded. Because there was a falsified title here it bought a couple of months in limbo and by the. The loan had funded.

Dealing all cash is nice but just isn't a reality for a lot of people. Hell, there are plenty of great Gen Vs right now that I would buy that probably have a loan for some percentage of the value on them. It wouldn't weird me out.

bobby
12-15-2014, 09:19 AM
Thanks everyone, Hopefully I can work it out.

Vprbite
12-16-2014, 12:49 AM
Best of luck man. I really hate that this was your introduction to Viperhood. I can assure you that this kind of thing pisses us all off. I really hope it gets straightened out and doesn't turn you off to what is a fantastic group of people. I have had nothing but great experiences with the Viper community, and I really hope you do too once this ugly mess gets dealt with. When you are ready, there are some absolutely fantastic Viper dealers on the forums here who have been honestly and honorably serving the Viper community for years, even decades, that people on here or those in your local region can recommend.

Hang in there. Stay calm and hopefully reason will prevail for those involved and they see the best thing for everyone is to settle it. Is it possible to defund the loan from the account that they transferred it and refund it to pay off the first note, making it like a straight purchase from the first owner? The bank may be entitled to that because they were defrauded of their collateral. They arent thrilled about a loan with no collateral, so they have a vested interest in working it out. Let's hope that they can. Please let us know how this works out. We are pulling for you.

lqqk_out
01-04-2015, 10:54 AM
Just happen to read this. While I feel bad for anyone getting taken advantage of via illicit or illegal activities, is that a reason to go begging on the Internet? Seems like all you need these days is a sob story and a PC to apply for free money. This just rubs me the wrong way.

plumcrazy
01-04-2015, 11:31 AM
are you serious ? what kind of idiot are you ? the guy got totally screwed

ACRucrazy
01-04-2015, 11:41 AM
Just happen to read this. While I feel bad for anyone getting taken advantage of via illicit or illegal activities, is that a reason to go begging on the Internet? Seems like all you need these days is a sob story and a PC to apply for free money. This just rubs me the wrong way.

...great first post...

plumcrazy
01-04-2015, 11:43 AM
and he happens to be from NJ lol

Viper Girl
01-04-2015, 12:16 PM
Maybe it's just me... but to me... this guy looks like a cast member from a mob series... supposedly they have figured he is currently in Pakistan... Not sure if wire fraud is enough to interest the Pakistan Govt...
Hopefully it is.

http://www.northjersey.com/news/ex-ramsey-emporio-motor-group-luxury-car-dealer-bobby-khan-charged-with-fraud-1.1174719 (http://www.northjersey.com/news/ex-ramsey-emporio-motor-group-luxury-car-dealer-bobby-khan-charged-with-fraud-1.1174719)

plumcrazy
01-04-2015, 01:49 PM
welcome to northern NJ LOL

lqqk_out
01-04-2015, 05:18 PM
OK, and I agree the guy got screwed and I said that in my post. What does that have to do with begging for money? Or what did I say that gives you the opinion I'm an idiot? You're the one that seems to be the keyboard kamikaze.

are you serious ? what kind of idiot are you ? the guy got totally screwed

lqqk_out
01-04-2015, 05:27 PM
Please clue me in as to what is wrong with my post? I mentioned that I felt sorry for said individual and I expressed an opinion that I really feel isn't out of line. I want to thank you as you have basically validated my decision I made last year to not renew my membership to any Viper club. Been a viper owner since 1997 and I've attended (and driven) to a number of past VOIs. Just another bunch of judgmental people.

...great first post...

ViperTony
01-04-2015, 05:34 PM
Winning

lqqk_out
01-04-2015, 05:35 PM
Actually, I'm not from NJ, just happen to live here now. he he what a d-bag....... (said with much sarcasm)
Glad we have "moderators" like yourself. Hope your online disposition changes from krusty to something more welcoming.

and he happens to be from NJ lol

SA Heat
01-04-2015, 05:44 PM
^^^^^
Banned in 4, 3, 2, 1......

ACRucrazy
01-04-2015, 07:05 PM
Please clue me in as to what is wrong with my post? I mentioned that I felt sorry for said individual and I expressed an opinion that I really feel isn't out of line. I want to thank you as you have basically validated my decision I made last year to not renew my membership to any Viper club. Been a viper owner since 1997 and I've attended (and driven) to a number of past VOIs. Just another bunch of judgmental people.

http://www.memegen.com/m/4hjmip.jpg

SlateEd
01-04-2015, 07:56 PM

since you asked specifically - what's wrong with your post is the way you combine one comment that seems to be sympathetic with the OP and then another comment that comes off like you don't believe the truth in his "sob story" (your words). The opinion you expressed isn't out of line in general, but this was the wrong place to share it.

... and if you think any of the keyboard-cowboy BS that goes on in this or any other forum represents a good reason not to join the club you're dead wrong. The biggest mouths on this forum are some of the nicest guys in real life and the majority of the people showing up to events are hardly ever on the forum anyway... if you've been to VOIs then I shouldn't need to tell you that.

Anonymous
01-04-2015, 08:14 PM
Dam Pres,that's how that gets done.

slitherv10
01-05-2015, 12:06 AM
ok, and i agree the guy got screwed and i said that in my post. What does that have to do with begging for money? Or what did i say that gives you the opinion i'm an idiot? You're the one that seems to be the keyboard kamikaze.

karma...........

whitebeard
01-05-2015, 07:13 AM
Since I tend to sit and watch, well and keep Uncle Paul in check with post every now and then, the post did seem back handed. There is something to be said for "read more, post less" of Biggest. The OP got screwed by the dealership/UCD. It happens. For every bad dealer, there is 25 good dealers that don't get recognized. But it takes one to really them all a bad name. Guilt by occupation.

I do find you comment of "Just another bunch of judgmental people." quite ironic. I could say based on your statement that you are just as judgmental. We all are. It is the nature of a web forum.

mikesax
01-10-2015, 08:59 AM
You are correct Plum-north Jersey has the an abundance of "sewer/trash" individuals !!!! A "melting pot" of lowlifes abound-worst part is the government does JACK SHIT when an honest guy gets screwed-BUYER BEWARE!! Won a court case in an auto fraud case 7 years ago-was sold a used vette with a bogus VIN-dealer had his companies in other peoples names etc.. etc..!! Bottom line- he knew he would eventually get caught(I'm not the only one he did this to)- and he used EVERY loophole to suffer MINIMAL financial damage to himself!! If it was the "wild west"-he would have been shot!! But in the 21 st century- the "victim" MANY times gets NO SUPPORT from the government that the HONEST person pays his taxes to!!!! In NJ-that's about 52% of his money PLUS property taxes yadayadayada!!!! It sucks for this guy with Emporio- but the a-hole Khan knew he could get away with it!!!! There really should be a way for an honest person to get justice-but that very rarely happens in today's world!! BIGGEST LESSON TO BE LEARNED HERE-PAY A LITTLE EXTRA IF POSSIBLE TO BE 100% SURE YOU ARE GETTING WHAT YOU PAID FOR-because if you get screwed-DO NOT expect those who should help to help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dajerseyviper
03-06-2015, 11:35 PM
WOW...I ALMOST sent my 67 Camaro there on consignment to sell but had a bad feeling about the place...I also remember seeing that Green Viper listed in their inventory and it had CCW wheels on it with too small of tires on the fronts.. They wanted to sell my camaro for me for no charge what so ever, they said they made their money off finance charges and warranty sales, which are also probably fraud. If it sounds too good to be true, it most likely is.. They probably are funding terrorist organizations with their scams.

Vprbite
07-03-2016, 06:43 PM
Looks like they just did an "American Greed" on this place. It's on Hulu. It is shocking how many people he did this to and for how long. I'm blown away.

As I said earlier in this thread, I have seen this scam before but usually they are always changing their name and location to stay ahead of the law and the angry people. In Scottsdale, they are almost always run by foreign nationals. I don't know if that's to make it easier to take off when the heat comes down or what but it's just how it seems.

bobby
08-22-2016, 07:40 PM
Well after 2 years of figuring out how to get the title I finally got it today. I'll be more active and should be attending events going forward.

Today was a good day.

ACRucrazy
08-22-2016, 08:35 PM
Well after 2 years of figuring out how to get the title I finally got it today. I'll be more active and should be attending events going forward.

Today was a good day.

Wow! Congrats!!

v10enomous
08-22-2016, 09:07 PM

Today was a good day.

Great News !!!

Dajerseyviper
08-23-2016, 01:02 AM

Today was a good day.

Congrats!!! I think I almost bought your car, did they have it listed with a set of CCW mesh wheels on it?

bobby
08-23-2016, 07:54 AM
Congrats!!! I think I almost bought your car, did they have it listed with a set of CCW mesh wheels on it?

yes they had it listed it that way, but it came with the original wheels.

ACR Steve
08-23-2016, 08:49 AM
they still haven't found that low life?

bluesrt
08-23-2016, 09:17 AM
Maybe it's just me... but to me... this guy looks like a cast member from a mob series... supposedly they have figured he is currently in Pakistan... Not sure if wire fraud is enough to interest the Pakistan Govt...
Hopefully it is.

http://www.northjersey.com/news/ex-ramsey-emporio-motor-group-luxury-car-dealer-bobby-khan-charged-with-fraud-1.1174719 (http://www.northjersey.com/news/ex-ramsey-emporio-motor-group-luxury-car-dealer-bobby-khan-charged-with-fraud-1.1174719)
that's jene simmons bald!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mikesax
08-23-2016, 08:43 PM

Today was a good day.

Happy for you!! Hope that AHOLE gets his sometime soon!!

yellowmz3
09-01-2016, 06:17 PM
Woo Hoo

Jack's GTS
10-11-2016, 12:21 PM
Great news Bobby!!