PDA

View Full Version : Florida 1/2 Mile Shootout 24-25 Jaunuary

Ninjakris
09-19-2014, 04:15 PM
Welcome the Florida 1/2 Mile Shootout on January 24-25th, 2015!!

This event will be hosted at the Prestigious Jumbolair Airport located in Ocala, FL (only 90 minutes north of Orlando!) Be prepared to race on the longest privately owned runway in the country at a length of 7,550ft........that's 1.42 miles long!!

The event will feature horsepower producing cool weather and is sure to set the stage for more multiple world record attempts!

This community not only features the most beautiful runway we've ever seen.......it's also surrounded by beautiful horse pastures and several multi-million dollar estates.........there are still a few lots left to purchase so why not buy one and make this your home compound for all of our future races to come??!!

This event will surely prove to be one of the most incredible 1/2 Mile Racing Events in history! Our Title Sponsor TopSpeed Motorsports already has their bags packed :)

Registration and Sponsor details will be announced in the coming weeks and our website will also be updated with this new location and pricing information.

We look forward to having each and everyone of you out on the runway in January!!

-I will update this thread as more information gets out. Registration should open up November 10th. If you have any questions about the event or wannagofast.com in general, please let me know.

XSnake
09-19-2014, 04:38 PM
Same weekend as Rolex 24. Horrible weekend to try and have an event here. Mecum is also in town but most of us will be in Daytona for Rolex

MoparBoyy
09-20-2014, 06:37 AM
Yep, I too will be at the Rolex. VOA will be planning a nice event that weekend but in Daytona

Ninjakris
11-03-2014, 06:42 PM
Just a little bump. Registration opens up this Friday and will probably sell out within a day or two. If your interested in participating, don't wait too long to register. http://wannagofast.com/ocala.php Also, here is the promo video for it. The red viper is mine. I had a blast out there a few weeks ago. The runway is HUGE.

-I understand if people would rather do the other things in the area the same weekend. Just spreading the word.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dAvNqdN2YtQ

99RT10
11-03-2014, 07:56 PM
I am planning on being there.

MoparBoyy
11-04-2014, 06:26 AM
Well since Dodge pulled out of the TUDOR series, might be no reason to go to the Rolex anymore. :(

XSnake
11-04-2014, 07:09 AM
Well since Dodge pulled out of the TUDOR series, might be no reason to go to the Rolex anymore. :(

Better take your wing off for this

345s-bspinnin
11-04-2014, 09:17 AM
Awesome venue Kris. That video is well put together too

98intrigue
11-04-2014, 09:23 AM
I plan on registering Friday.

Ninjakris
11-06-2014, 12:06 PM
I plan on registering Friday.

Got anything done performance wise other than the Paxton? I was running 155-160 when I was down there for the promo video. Basically running 4th gear to the end. I'm a Paxton 06' with high flow cats and corsa. Still running the split second timing system that comes with the Paxton kit.

I'm glad there will be a few vipers down there. I'm still not sure if I will bring my car or not. I'll be running the timing booth at the event which keeps me very busy. I try to say hi to all viper guys at the events, so don't be too surprised if I come up and introduce myself.

If anyone has any questions about the event or what to expect, let me know.

98intrigue
11-06-2014, 01:02 PM
Got anything done performance wise other than the Paxton? I was running 155-160 when I was down there for the promo video. Basically running 4th gear to the end. I'm a Paxton 06' with high flow cats and corsa. Still running the split second timing system that comes with the Paxton kit.

I'm glad there will be a few vipers down there. I'm still not sure if I will bring my car or not. I'll be running the timing booth at the event which keeps me very busy. I try to say hi to all viper guys at the events, so don't be too surprised if I come up and introduce myself.

If anyone has any questions about the event or what to expect, let me know.
My heads are built (unsure of specs), sounds like it's cammed (but am unsure again), American Racing headers, custom 3" exhaust with some tiny mufflers, and still on the dual pumps and Split Second box. I'm actually on the fence about registering now. With xmas around the corner and my annual ski trip the weekend following this event, it would be better to put the money towards other priorities. I'll definitely be there...just not sure if I'll run my car anymore.

Ninjakris
11-07-2014, 09:39 AM
The event sold out in less than 2 hours. I hope anyone reading this who wanted to race was quick to register.

99RT10
11-07-2014, 10:01 AM
I must have missed it by minuted. I did send a couple of emails to be put on the waiting list. I hope someone drops out. Damn...............

Tiago
11-07-2014, 10:03 AM
it was sold out in about 30 minutes according to when we tried to register....

Ninjakris
11-07-2014, 10:05 AM
Saturday sold out in 5 minutes, and Sunday sold out by 1hr50min. Crazy.

98intrigue
11-07-2014, 12:58 PM
That is crazy!

XSTAR
11-07-2014, 07:04 PM
That is crazy!

Ryan, did you get in on the registration? I'm still bummed I had to miss the Clayton, GA event!

Ninjakris
01-21-2015, 11:20 AM
Bump...

Race weekend is just a few days away. I'll still be there working the timing system. Additionally, I just picked up a 14' Viper that will be doing some passes if time allows. Hope to see you there.

98intrigue
01-21-2015, 12:50 PM
We have a big caravan leaving Clearwater and then meeting up with a Tampa group on I75. Hopefully (fingers crossed), the rain magically disappears Saturday morning so I can drive my Viper. Otherwise, I'll be hitching a ride.

XSnake
01-21-2015, 12:59 PM
forcast for the event isn't looking so good. Sucks as Rolex will be a mess as well.

Ninjakris
01-21-2015, 03:17 PM
You guys must not look at the same weather reports I do. 20% rain chance Saturday morning and 0% Sunday. I hope that small chance of rain doesn't keep you away.

99RT10
01-21-2015, 04:03 PM
I am coming. Even though I was on the waiting list, I will at least cme to watch. Weather check shows a small chance of rain in the morning, but the rest looks fantastic.

99RT10
01-24-2015, 04:07 PM
You guys must not look at the same weather reports I do. 20% rain chance Saturday morning and 0% Sunday. I hope that small chance of rain doesn't keep you away.

I got your run on vid:

http://youtu.be/wa-JaddXmD0

Not the greatest camera work, but beggars can't be choosers....... :D

Ninjakris
01-25-2015, 05:53 AM
Thanks for the video. I only got one run in yesterday and it wasn't the cleanest. That being said, I crossed at 150. Pretty solid run for a stock car. I'll do a full write up and post it on the forum after the weekend ends. I have a lot of things to talk about.

braunstein82
01-25-2015, 09:57 AM
Looks like fun. Can't wait to do a 1/2 mile run.

slitherv10
01-25-2015, 10:57 AM
Thanks for the video. I only got one run in yesterday and it wasn't the cleanest. That being said, I crossed at 150. Pretty solid run for a stock car. I'll do a full write up and post it on the forum after the weekend ends. I have a lot of things to talk about.

What modds did the GTR have..

Ninjakris
01-26-2015, 07:38 PM
I put a full review of the event in the Gen V section.

Slither, what GTR are you talking about ? The one I raced? If so, I have no idea. I pulled up to the line for a quick run and its just who was put next to me. I was racing myself, so I didn't care who was next to me.

Thank you for posting the video of my race. I probably should have cleaned the car first.... she was dirty.