09-17-2014, 09:50 AM
http://www.forbes.com/sites/victorhwang/2014/08/25/why-i-drive-the-anti-tesla/

Nine Ball
09-17-2014, 09:54 AM
Isn't that a V6?

I'd rather have a Tesla. LOL

Policy Limits
09-17-2014, 12:29 PM
Saw, my first tesla. It's unreal how there's no motor. And no maintenance for 100,000 mIles. Unreal. Can't believe they made it rwd though.

JonB ~ PartsRack
09-17-2014, 04:42 PM
Saw, my first tesla. It's unreal how there's no motor. And no maintenance for 100,000 mIles. Unreal. Can't believe they made it rwd though.

There ARE 'motors' . . . . But no ENGINE.

The AWD X-Model is due out very soon..........

I was able to have a 415HP Tesla 85 S model as an Official Pace Car at NARRA-Sebring last year, courtesy of Tesla. We also had one for last years Pace car for the local Childrens Hospital "dash" event where the public buys exotic car rides, and sick kids and/or their families go for free. The Tesla S allows a driver and up to 6 passengers! [rearmost 2 under 75 lbs ea]

My extensive write-up was on the Alley, and I admit to sounding like a sales-rep for Tesla after that great experience. The on-demand TQ at 0 RPM is impossible to explain, you just have to drive it. Its as fast as a Gen 1 Viper.. and the creature-comfort features were luxury-quality, Really!

Like a competitor said, "if the automobile was just being designed for the first time today, the question would not be 'why electric?', it would be Why Gas?"

Tesla as a corporate culture is admirable. Elon Musk is today's Edison, [but a far nicer person than was Edison....] A couple months ago Tesla released their battery-powerplant patents to the world, for FREE! And yesterday Musk's SpaceX and Boeing announced a new partnership with NASA to return the USA to space on our own rides.....

Elon Musk for a Nobel Prize in my book..... {am I a hypocrite for disliking his PayPal?!}

And the article featuring the retro-Challenger hit home, since I have a 607HP Challenger SRT-8 'Clone-Cat' in the fleet...but I would gladly swap it for a Tesla-S if I could only have one car.

shine
09-17-2014, 04:50 PM
I don't understand the point of the article.

I had to look at the byline -- I would otherwise have assumed this was written in 2008 when the Challenger first came out.

I owned one, loved it, but the article is a bit strange.

SN95SNAKE
09-29-2014, 06:52 PM
I would personally rather have a Tesla over that particular Challenger... It is very weird to drive a Tesla they are very comfortable and ridiculously quiet.