PDA

View Full Version : NY/CT Annual "Splash" Brunch Cruise 9/21 Westport,CT

ViperTony
09-14-2014, 10:50 AM
Join us four annual "Splash" brunch cruise to Splash in Westport, CT followed by a visit to Longshore Sailing School (http://www.longshoresailingschool.com/boatRentals/?p=boatRentals) for some R&R and water frolicking. :D

2013 Splash Cruise Slide Show (http://s937.photobucket.com/user/slateed/slideshow/Splash%20Brunch%20August%202013)

WHERE: Splash Restaurant (http://www.decarorestaurantgroup.com/restaurants/splash/about-splash/) Westport,CT
WHEN: Sunday September 21 11:00am
COST: $20pp (club subsidizes the rest)
MEETING SPOT: Meeting at the commuter parking lot off i95 Exit 18 Sherwood Island Connector in Westport CT at 10:30 AM, departing the commuter lot at 10:45 AM. If coming Northbound i95, take a left at the end of the ramp and go straight through the next two traffic lights and the parking lot is on your right. If coming i95 Southbound, take a right at the end of the ramp and go straight through the next two traffic lights and the parking lot is on your right. Map of commuter lot is here (https://www.google.com/maps/place/41%C2%B007'43.8%22N+73%C2%B019'57.5%22W/@41.128827,-73.332624,16z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x0:0x0?hl=en).

Located in the beautiful town of Westport in a corner of an historic inn with an uninterrupted and breathtaking view of the Long Island Sound, Splash has just been awarded by The Food Network “best of” New England waterfront dining. Splash has rediscovered its American roots and deftly blends them with Asian accents. Since its opening in 1995, the lively and innovative Splash has attracted many loyal diners and has become a popular meeting place for all Southwestern Connecticut. Like the town of Westport, its interior/exterior combines tradition with vibrant contemporary sensibility.
For simple starters, the Raw Bar proposes chilled Maine lobster, West Coast oysters, and other straightforward seafood delights.

DA MENU

Relax and enjoy great food, fantastic views and a complimentary
champagne cocktail.HOT FOOD STATIONEGGS BENEDICT
BRIOCHE FRENCH TOAST
WHITE WINE AND GARLIC STEAMED PEI MUSSELS
CRISP BACON AND IRISH BANGER BREAKFAST SAUSAGE
SCRAMBLED EGGS
SEAFOOD CREPES
HASH BROWNED POTATOES
TILAPIA FRANCHAISE
JASMINE RICEMADE TO ORDER STATION , HAVE IT YOUR WAY!BELGIAN WAFFLES
OMELETTES
ASSORTED PASTAS AND SAUCES
CARVED TOP ROUND OF BEEF
NEW “BUILD YOUR OWN” TACO BAR FEATURING BEEF, CHICKEN, AND CHORIZOCHILLED SEAFOOD STATIONFRESH SHUCKED WESTPORT CLAMS/ COPPS ISLAND OYSTERS, SMOKED SALMON, MUSSELS CEVICHEBREADS, PASTRIES, AND BAGELSSALADS AND MOREOUR FAMOUS CRACKLIN’ CALAMARI SALAD
BAANG CAFE’S AWESOME CHICKEN SALAD**
FRESH MOZZARELLA &TOMATO SALAD
CAESAR SALAD
GRILLED VEGETABLE PLATTER
MIXED GREEN SALAD
DEVILED EGGS
THAI CHICKEN LETTUCE WRAPS**
MARINATED SEAFOOD & PENNEFRESH FRUIT ,BERRIES , AND CHEESEASSORTED INTERNATIONAL CHEESES
SEASONAL FRUIT DISPLAYHOUSE MADE DESSERTS
CHEESE CAKE
COCONUT CAKE
PEANUT BUTTER MOUSSE CAKE W/ CHOCOLATE GANACHE
FLOURLESS CHOCOLATE TORTE
FRUIT TARTS
CHOCOLATE COVERED STRAWBERRIES
LEMON BARS & BROWNIES
ASSORTED PASTRIES
(Some items may change due to the season and availability)

ViperTony
09-14-2014, 11:00 AM
RSVP:

ViperTony + 3
Steve & Maria
Adrian+1

pony23
09-14-2014, 03:43 PM
The wife and I will be there.

Fadi Abizeid
09-14-2014, 07:46 PM
I will be there with my cousin

00VPRGTS
09-15-2014, 06:25 AM
Add the wife and I

ViperTony
09-15-2014, 08:41 AM
RSVP:

ViperTony + 3
Steve & Maria
Adrian+1
Bernie+1
Phatkiddx2 + 1
Mike + 1

Rossa
09-16-2014, 05:42 AM
Count me in.

SlateEd
09-16-2014, 07:37 AM
Ed and Courtney (90%)

00VPRGTS
09-16-2014, 12:27 PM
Ed and Courtney (90%)

Which 10% are you leaving home?😜

ViperTony
09-16-2014, 04:03 PM
RSVP:

ViperTony + 3
Steve & Maria
Adrian+1
Bernie+1
Phatkiddx2 + 1
Mike + 1
Rossa
Ed & Courtney (90%)

Bryan Savage
09-16-2014, 06:43 PM
Aw heck, it's only four hours away.

Sign me up! (Just me)

John B
09-16-2014, 07:11 PM
John and Carol are in.

thetalonguy
09-17-2014, 11:58 AM
Sounds good... Sign me up (solo :-/)

ViperTony
09-17-2014, 12:01 PM
Sounds good... Sign me up (solo :-/)

Welcome! And thanks for joining the VOA!

ViperTony
09-17-2014, 12:02 PM
RSVP:

ViperTony + 3
Steve & Maria
Adrian+1
Bernie+1
Phatkiddx2 + 1
Mike + 1
Rossa
Ed & Courtney (90%)
John & Carroll
TheTalonGuy
Bryan

thetalonguy
09-17-2014, 12:04 PM
Welcome! And thanks for joining the VOA!

Thanks, after talking to Chuck and City on Sunday and hanging around with you guys the past few months, it was the right move. See you Sunday. :-)

XXX BLK
09-17-2014, 12:39 PM
Ed, let me know if you want to meet at the mobile station and if so what time ?

ViperTony
09-17-2014, 03:43 PM
RSVP:
ViperTony + 3
Steve & Maria
Adrian+1
Bernie+1
Phatkiddx2 + 1
Mike + 1
Rossa
Ed & Courtney (90%)
John & Carroll
TheTalonGuy
Bryan
Fadi

SlateEd
09-17-2014, 05:01 PM
Haha Mike - I guess we'll bring all 100% now

Adrian Yes good idea - Meetup on the Hutch Parkway at the Mobil Station in Harrison NY
we should meet there around 9:45am. We will leave at 10am to cruise up to Westport and the Sherwood Island stop.

XXX BLK
09-17-2014, 06:35 PM
Haha Mike - I guess we'll bring all 100% now

Adrian Yes good idea - Meetup on the Hutch Parkway at the Mobil Station in Harrison NY
we should meet there around 9:45am. We will leave at 10am to cruise up to Westport and the Sherwood Island stop.

Great, see you sunday

vipertank
09-17-2014, 08:29 PM
Aw heck, it's only four hours away.

Sign me up! (Just me)

Enjoy the 4 hr Viper ride dude!

I can't make this one...I have my buddy's bachelor party the night before. Oh well.

Anonymous
09-17-2014, 09:15 PM
My sons football games are killing my Sunday's"

SlateEd
09-18-2014, 03:59 PM
Enjoy the 4 hr Viper ride dude!

I can't make this one...I have my buddy's bachelor party the night before. Oh well.

They've got mimosas and bloody marys at splash to help out haha

viperjimmy
09-18-2014, 07:07 PM
I'm in, add me please.

HobokenViper
09-18-2014, 09:49 PM
Sorry I'm missing this, but it's a busy weekend. I have another car show in NJ where I'll likely be the only Viper in a sea of Italian cars since all of you guys will be in CT. Enjoy!!!!!

ViperTony
09-19-2014, 09:03 AM
RSVP:
ViperTony + 3
Steve & Maria
Adrian+1
Bernie+1
Phatkiddx2 + 1
Mike + 1
Rossa
Ed & Courtney (90%)
John & Carroll
TheTalonGuy
Bryan
Fadi
Jimmy
Matt+1

ViperTony
09-19-2014, 03:36 PM
Sunday is looking great and quite the turnout!!! I'll meet up with y'all at the meeting spot!

RSVP:
ViperTony + 3
Steve & Maria
Adrian+1
Bernie+1
Phatkiddx2 + 1
Mike + 1
Rossa
Ed & Courtney (90%)
John & Carroll
TheTalonGuy
Bryan
Fadi
Jimmy
Matt+1

ViperTony
09-21-2014, 05:46 AM
Unfortunately, due to the rain, we have to cancel this event. We'll reschedule it soon. :(

XXX BLK
09-21-2014, 05:56 AM
Unfortunately, due to the rain, we have to cancel this event. We'll reschedule it soon. :(

Mr. T, It's raining here in the city :(

SlateEd
09-21-2014, 08:01 AM
Bummer - Roads are wet here too... see everyone next time.

Bryan Savage
09-21-2014, 03:59 PM

I guess this would explain why.... nobody was there.

So I just got back from an 8-hour cruise, 500(ish) miles, and two(ish) tanks of fuel. Everywhere I went it seems to just have finished raining. I pushed sunshine my whole way. Never got rained on at all.

Notes:
1) Get a navigator to check forums before you're too far from home. I left home at 6:30am, so just before the event got cancelled.
2) Get some more reliable contact information for regional group members in regions that I'm not a member of.
3) Gen V Sally Sat-Nav sucks. She tells you there's a traffic jam ahead, and then offers zero advice for circumventing it.
4) Porsche 911 997 driver GOING THE OTHER WAY at a traffic light caused a traffic jam while slowing to take a picture of my car.
5) Guys in Porsche 356 Speedsters love Vipers (all smiles and thumbs up).
6) Aston Martin Vanquish drivers think Vipers are spaceships.
7) Teslas are the well-heeled-man's Prius, and you need to switch the HVAC to "recirculate" to avoid filling your car with Smug as you pass them.
8) Obviously, people LOVE this car, and they will pretend to be busy with something else so they can wait and hear it fire up, after they watch you fill it with beef jerky and Monsters at the gas station.

thetalonguy
09-21-2014, 05:53 PM
I was actually thinking this morning, geez, I hope that guy from PA isn't already en route. Actually, the roads by me were pretty bad this morning. Was probably raining here through 10am. I took my truck out to run some errands and I had it sideways (not trying) twice.

I'm guessing that cruise probably set you back $200. Well, instead, I decided that I needed a new Mountain bike today. There went another $400.

I'm thinking a good smart phone would have alleviated notes 1-3.

For notes 4-8 :dude3::cool:

swexlin
09-21-2014, 06:00 PM

So I just got back from an 8-hour cruise, 500(ish) miles, and two(ish) tanks of fuel. Everywhere I went it seems to just have finished raining. I pushed sunshine my whole way. Never got rained on at all.

Notes:
1) Get a navigator to check forums before you're too far from home. I left home at 6:30am, so just before the event got cancelled.
2) Get some more reliable contact information for regional group members in regions that I'm not a member of.
3) Gen V Sally Sat-Nav sucks. She tells you there's a traffic jam ahead, and then offers zero advice for circumventing it.
4) Porsche 911 997 driver GOING THE OTHER WAY at a traffic light caused a traffic jam while slowing to take a picture of my car.
7) Teslas are the well-heeled-man's Prius, and you need to switch the HVAC to "recirculate" to avoid filling your car with Smug as you pass them.
8) Obviously, people LOVE this car, and they will pretend to be busy with something else so they can wait and hear it fire up, after they watch you fill it with beef jerky and Monsters at the gas station.

Great post!

v10enomous
09-21-2014, 06:13 PM
The picture and the look on your face in your avatar... Priceless!!! Nice car BTW....

We actually cancelled the NJ event we had for today on the forum here and then wound up all texting each other and then headed out on 1 hour delay.

Notes:

Bryan Savage
09-21-2014, 06:18 PM
I was actually thinking this morning, geez, I hope that guy from PA isn't already en route. Actually, the roads by me were pretty bad this morning. Was probably raining here through 10am. I took my truck out to run some errands and I had it sideways (not trying) twice.

I'm guessing that cruise probably set you back $200. Well, instead, I decided that I needed a new Mountain bike today. There went another $400.

I'm thinking a good smart phone would have alleviated notes 1-3.

For notes 4-8 :dude3::cool:

I don't think I've ever had a time where my phone and car both agree on a route. There's always some setting or another that's different. I was able to look the parking lot up in my phone, but with my car, you need a name, intersecton, coordinates, etc, and since I'm driving and don't want to pull over, I get the RAGE!!!:mad:

I got there right at 10:24 and it had just finished raining. Satellite said there was another big pile on the way, so at eleven, I got moving. Trying to access the forums through a mobile device is annoying, so I just said "EFF it" and bounced.

Oh well! That's my bad for not checking up before leaving. Got eight hours of seat time and wasn't tired of anything except the music selection.

Next time!!!

SlateEd
09-21-2014, 07:32 PM
Bryan you are the man! - So sorry it turned out that way but glad you enjoyed the car all day long and didn't get rained on. After we cancelled I didn't even open my garage for the day :-(

I'll drop you a PM with my contact info for next time.

ViperTony
09-22-2014, 08:40 AM
I don't think I've ever had a time where my phone and car both agree on a route. There's always some setting or another that's different. I was able to look the parking lot up in my phone, but with my car, you need a name, intersecton, coordinates, etc, and since I'm driving and don't want to pull over, I get the RAGE!!!:mad:

I got there right at 10:24 and it had just finished raining. Satellite said there was another big pile on the way, so at eleven, I got moving. Trying to access the forums through a mobile device is annoying, so I just said "EFF it" and bounced.

Oh well! That's my bad for not checking up before leaving. Got eight hours of seat time and wasn't tired of anything except the music selection.

Next time!!!

Bryan, that really sucks and I feel awful you made that trip. Sounds like you made the best of it though. I'm PM'g you my contact info. We also send out emails and texts to the club in case events are canceled but as you're not in NY/CT you're not on our contact list. I'll put you on our list. We will make it up to you! :)