PDA

View Full Version : Silly questions...probably

F2V
11-13-2013, 04:44 PM
Long story, but finally got behind the wheel of my 2013 GTS today. With temps in the upper 20's or so, couldn't do much other than a Volkswagon cruise...but sure got every head turning. Anyway , two minor questions:

1. How do I turn the radio off (it was on when I got it)? The manual says to push the ON/OFF volume control to do so. But my volume control mutes the radio when I push it...just like the mute icon on the button shows....so I guess the mute button is also the on/off button? BTW, there is no mention of muting the radio in the manual, just like there is no mention of how to open/unlock the gas cap...minor oversight :-)

2. In the EVIC selectable menu items, I select the tachometer icon and press and release the right arrow, to display the digital speedometer as instructed in the manual...but nothing appears or happens?

Thanks...

ViperSmith
11-13-2013, 04:54 PM
#1, I believe the "On/Off" is the on/off, I think it is just a mute, I think

#2, this wasn't as straight forward as I figured it will be. I'll need to look at my car on how to do it again.

F2V
11-13-2013, 06:38 PM
One more little thing VS...when I depress the race mode shock button, the race mode icon appears in lower right on instrument panel. When I depress street mode, the race icon goes off, but the street mode icon does not appear, nor does it appear at any other time while it is in street mode. When I turn off ignition (after going from race to street, a brief graphic comes up on tach face saying it is in street mode. BTW, I understand that when you scroll thru the menu's on instrument panel, there is a tab that tells you what suspension mode you are in, although that is rather cumbersome vs a quick glance.

ViperSmith
11-13-2013, 09:56 PM
My lowly SRT doesn't have that option ;)

ViperSmith
11-14-2013, 11:16 AM
Roy,

For digital speed (I just checked)

Startup the car. Scroll through the tach options until you get to "Screen Setup"

Hit ">"

Scroll to "Digital Tach"

Hit ">"

Go "^" to change to "On"

Hit "<" "<" to get to the main tach. Should appear now.

LittleCobra
11-14-2013, 03:32 PM
Sounds like you need to keep pushing the on/off button for one or more seconds before the radio will totally shut off.

Nine Ball
11-14-2013, 03:39 PM
I haven't figured out how to turn the radio completely off. I just turn the volume all the way down and hit the "Screen Off" button.

Street Mode is default, so it likely doesn't have an icon. Sort of like when you have TCS/ESC turned off vs on. It only shows an icon when in non-default mode.

F2V
11-14-2013, 04:43 PM
Roy,

For digital speed (I just checked)

Startup the car. Scroll through the tach options until you get to "Screen Setup"

Hit ">"

Scroll to "Digital Tach"

Hit ">"

Go "^" to change to "On"

Hit "<" "<" to get to the main tach. Should appear now.

I followed exactly in 'screen select', and turned on 'digital speed' selection, and nothing came up on display for digital speed.

I turned ignition off and back on and nothing happened.

I went back into 'screen select' and 'digital speed', and it shows as being selected and on.

Turned off ignitiojn again. I then tapped the ign button once, stryker logo appears...tapped it a second time, and amazingly the digitial speed icon comes up (0 mpg) in lower right corner...next to it appears in sequence a green cruise control icon, which quickly turns to white... and next everything disappears!! Gotta be quirks that need to get worked out in the new electronics. Will check with Woodhouse.

ViperSmith
11-14-2013, 04:48 PM
Would you mind snapping a picture when it is idling of your tach?

F2V
11-14-2013, 04:49 PM
I haven't figured out how to turn the radio completely off. I just turn the volume all the way down and hit the "Screen Off" button.

Street Mode is default, so it likely doesn't have an icon. Sort of like when you have TCS/ESC turned off vs on. It only shows an icon when in non-default mode.

Tks Tony, street mode default makes sense.

Regarding the radio, I've been told there have been some problems with it, and there is a flash out to fix it or them.
Gotta call your dealer first to see if they are aware of it, and capable to do. I'll deal with it when I get the car down to Florida after holidays. PS: Tks for the tool help, Forgeline took care of me promptly :-)

F2V
11-14-2013, 04:51 PM
Would you mind snapping a picture when it is idling of your tach?

Sorry, don't have camera etc at hand for now...what is it you are looking for when tach is at idle, and I'll get back

ViperSmith
11-14-2013, 05:00 PM
Just curious if there is anything to spot

Here is what mine looks like

http://i.imgur.com/2tgHB03.jpg

There was also a small "0 mph" thing next to the cruise control light that also went away right away as well.

You should see that big honking "0 mph"

F2V
11-14-2013, 05:20 PM
What a bird brain I am!! Yes, it is there...never noticed it, as my eye apparently passed right over i,t as part of the tach numbers. Sorry for wasting your time :-))

ViperSmith
11-14-2013, 06:19 PM
Eh, someone else will search for how to enable the digital tach, so all is good.

At least it wasn't anything problematic.