PDA

View Full Version : Super Charger paid for itself today!!

James430
09-01-2014, 04:07 PM
There is a long stretch of road just north of Freeport tx that every weekend there are several Hot Rods that cruise it......3 weeks ago there was a Maroon twin turbo GTO there which I ran 2nd gear roll on at 40 mph and I got spanked!!!!...That's when I was 512 rwhp...Got the car out of the shop fri after having the Paxton SC installed making 666 rwhp with only 5 lbs of boost........went cruising out there today and the Maroon GTO was there along with a White Gto with a Procharger and a Shelby GT 500.........don't like bragging a lot but when I ran the Maroon GTO when I shifted into 3rd it was all over!!! pulled away like he wasn't even there. Same thing with the White one.......it won't take long to get the word out about the Red & Black Viper here in Brazoria County (south of Houston)....don't know if that's a good thing or not There's a bad ZR-1 and Shelby Super Snake around somewhere......But today it put a big check mark on the board for the Vipers !!!

Gotta Love it!!!

FLATOUT
09-01-2014, 04:21 PM
Awesome man! Glad your enjoying the car.

Sybil TF
09-01-2014, 04:34 PM
I need a sc. Good job!

plumcrazy
09-01-2014, 05:09 PM
good news

Fatboy 18
09-01-2014, 05:13 PM
Pics, can you post some pics of the new engine bay :)

James430
09-01-2014, 05:31 PM
Here's a couple pics I took when I picked it up.....also see it in video in my signature

Fatboy 18
09-01-2014, 05:35 PM
Thanks for the pics, looks fantastic, any problems with heat?

James430
09-01-2014, 07:12 PM
Thanks for the pics, looks fantastic, any problems with heat?

Drove it over to galveston and sat in traffic along the sea wall for awhile and it never did get hot enough to open up the 170 thermostat .......it was staying at the 190 mark or 1 hash mark to the right whatever temp that is

Fatboy 18
09-02-2014, 03:43 AM
That's brilliant, have to admit I'm having heat issues with my N/A engine this season, I've had fan relays pack up and have noticed the temp climbing in traffic :(
I might pull the rad later this year and change the thermostat and add new coolant, I'm running the Mopar Green at the moment and using distilled water. It worries me when I see the gauge rising. My gauge dial normally sits just over 3/4 of the way round in traffic A bit higher than I would like it to be. Once you have had heat issues with a car you keep looking at the dial wondering when its going to creep around to the red mark again :(

Back to the paxton, is there chassis work involved in fitting this system? I think I have seen some vipers with holes through the chassis to fit the added pipework?

Nine Ball
09-02-2014, 08:48 AM
Paxton is a simple bolt-in kit. Shouldn't be any chassis chopping going on, unless you go twin-turbo.

Good to see another Paxton Viper out there, doing work.

Tony