PDA

View Full Version : EVENT: Fall Colors Tour, Part I (east) - 2014-09-27

VOA Events
08-30-2014, 03:54 PM
The 2014 WAVCA Fall Colors Tour (Part I) around the Central Cascades Loop is coming up Saturday, September 27, 2014.<br />
<br />
We will start out on Saturday morning, September 27, at 9 a.m. from Redmond Town Center. From there, we will head east through a few twisty roads to Monroe, hang a right on Highway 2 and continue over Stevens Pass to Leavenworth from there. Should take a little over 2 hours to get there, then we’ll split up and have lunch. Food and shopping can continue until about 2 or 3 p.m. when we need to get back on the road. We’ll drive a little further east to Wenatchee & hang a right to head back over Snoqualmie. Instead of slogging along I-90, after the Pass we will detour to Snoqualmie Falls. There is a back route into Issaquah/Sammamish along Hwy 203/202 that can’t be missed! We’ll end the drive with a dinner in downtown Issaquah. Total drive time (estimated via googlemaps) is about 5 hours.<br />
<br />
<br />
Our itinerary:<br />
<br />
*****0. We\'ll have a driver\'s meeting before departure to go over our route & caravan rules. Proposed stops, desired additional stops, no driving crazy, radios set to 10-10, driving/fog lights on, any non-Viper gets mixed up with us, slow to a crawl so they get irritated & get out of our way, etc, etc, etc.<br />
<br />
1. Start at Redmond Town Center. We will go out the back (and more fun) way to Monroe.<br />
2. Stop at South end of Monroe at Al Borin Park to pick up anyone coming from the north. Gas is around the corner from here.<br />
3. Continue on to Highway 2 towards Stevens Pass.<br />
4. Stop at Nason Creek Rest Stop to prepare for Leavenworth.<br />
5. Arrive at Leavenworth. Shopping/sightseeing/Lunch. We can eat as a group (probably Krystals) or split up, depending on our numbers.<br />
6. Give cat bath (i.e.: gather everyone to depart)<br />
7. Stop in Cle Elum to rest/refuel before getting on I-90.<br />
8. Snoqualmie Falls rest stop. Take a picture, visit the gift shop, but no hiking - we\'ll never get back!<br />
9. Continue back roads to Issaquah.<br />
10. Dinner in Issaquah TBD .