PDA

View Full Version : painted center console

Ninjakris
11-12-2013, 10:40 AM
As much as I love my viper, the interior is very boring to me. So I purchased a extra center console (both pieces) to play around with some different color combinations. At first I tried just plasti-diping both pieces red. It was alright, but I didn't really care for that much red. So for this go around, I went with red and white stripes to match the exterior of my car. its not the factory colors, but close enough. I have a VCA coupe, so it works out fairly well. I am pretty happy with the way it turned out. I would have liked to done the cup holder and window switches red, but I just couldn't get the masking down good enough for it to look good. I tried 3 times. So white it is. As for the 14/50 plaque, I think I will just take a good picture of it, and print it out on a sticker. I don't want to chance messing up the original piece with it on it.

edit: I just realized that the pictures look very dark, I will take some more when its outside.

Nixon's SRT
11-12-2013, 11:19 AM
Great job, looks good.

06_SRT
11-12-2013, 05:29 PM
Looks good!

Any great idea on how to remove the plasti-dip like layer already on the stock ones? Mine is starting to peel and thinking about redoing them as well.

Ninjakris
11-12-2013, 05:53 PM
Looks good!

Any great idea on how to remove the plasti-dip like layer already on the stock ones? Mine is starting to peel and thinking about redoing them as well.
If you use some goo gone / goof off, and some elbow grease it will come up. Be prepared to spend about a hour on each piece. I was lucky that my piece was not peeling yet so I could just paint over it.

slitherv10
11-12-2013, 05:58 PM
that last picture on the right is just awesome man!!. Looks like it was done at the factory. The red ones I would say look ok...good thing you covered those red ones and now it looks like the 3rd pick right ?

06_SRT
11-12-2013, 06:01 PM
Awesome... thanks for the tip. This is going to be a winter project.

Ninjakris
11-12-2013, 06:25 PM
that last picture on the right is just awesome man!!. Looks like it was done at the factory. The red ones I would say look ok...good thing you covered those red ones and now it looks like the 3rd pick right ?

Haha. The all black is stock. I have those pieces sitting in the garage. It's red with white stripes now. Who knows how long I will keep it that way. That's part of the fun with having extra pieces to play with.

St.Char
11-12-2013, 08:36 PM
+1 for the red and white stripe combo! Oh...and nice avatar too.

slitherv10
11-12-2013, 08:58 PM
Haha. The all black is stock. I have those pieces sitting in the garage. It's red with white stripes now. Who knows how long I will keep it that way. That's part of the fun with having extra pieces to play with.

Just kidding Bud.

I love the look. I was thinking of doing that to my 96 B/W. Now that I see it. I think it looks cool. Esp. the red with stripes version. Great imagination. When people do this kind of stuff to their cars, it just go to show you how personal these Vipers are to all of us. Its like when people dress up their kids with what they like to see on them.

Leslie
11-12-2013, 09:18 PM
That looks amazing!

I think that's very kewl you did that on your own, like the stripe too.

slysnake
11-12-2013, 10:00 PM
Great idea on the stripes.