PDA

View Full Version : Mobile 1 rebate

Ninjakris
08-27-2014, 09:19 PM
Figured I would pass this on. Mobile 1 has current rebates as follows:

To receive a $15 rebate check, send the original, dated purchase or register receipt showing proof of purchase of five (5) quarts or more (quart bottles and/or multiquart jug equivalent) of any eligible Mobil 1 motor oil product and one (1) Mobil 1 Extended Performance Oil Filter.

◦To receive a $12 rebate check, send the original, dated purchase or register receipt showing proof of purchase of five (5) quarts or more (quart bottles and/or multiquart jug equivalent) of any eligible Mobil 1 motor oil product.

◦To receive a $7 rebate check, send the original, dated purchase or register receipt showing proof of purchase of five (5) quarts or more (quart bottles and/or multiquart jug equivalent) of any Mobil Super motor oil product.

•Mail the original receipt(s) dated between August 1, 2014, and October 31, 2014, from a participating retailer, with eligible product(s) circled, with completed official rebate form, postmarked by November 30, 2014, to:

Limit two per household.
Link: http://www.mobiloil.com/USA-English/MotorOil/Promotions/Store_Rebate_Mobil_1_Rules.aspx
Rebate Form: http://slickdeals.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=2871240&d=1409090702

Walmart has 5qt jugs for $22.66. After the rebate, that's only $10.66/5qt. Pretty good deal if you willing to do a little work with a rebate form.

01sapphirebob
08-27-2014, 09:24 PM
Thanks for the heads up! Ive already got my oli for the pending poil changes this year BUT never hurts to have a little extra on hand. :D

Vprbite
08-28-2014, 01:02 AM
Definite thanks for the heads up! It will be time for an oil change after I get back from my brothers wedding. Plus, extra on hand is great. How long do you have before it goes bad? I would assume a pretty decent amount of time. But I don't know for sure. What is it...6 months, 1 year, 3 years? Anyone know for sure how long mobile 1 or a similar synthetic lasts, unopened on the shelf? And does the Arizona heat, I.E. a searing hot garage make a difference and shorten that length of time?

Looking forward to my rebate. If an oil company is gonna give me money for a change, I'll take it. Hey wait, what of we all go out and get these rebates? Do you think the company will be ok? We won't put them out of business by all sending in our rebates at once will we?

98intrigue
08-28-2014, 08:59 AM
Awesome! Just bought 4 5qt jugs on Monday...will definitely take advantage of the rebate.

DaveW
08-28-2014, 09:14 AM
Looks like the participating retailers exclude the big box stores and national chains like Advance Auto, AutoZone, etc. Couldn't find a participating retailer anywhere nearby on the list :(

The rules indicate: "Purchase the eligible products at a participating retailer (listed below)"

The list below the rules is headed: "Some participating retailers include". Maybe there's a full list somewhere...

Ninjakris
08-28-2014, 11:05 AM
Several people posted that they called mobile 1 and asked them about stores like Walmart and autozone, and the rep said those are fine to buy from (slickdeals). Like you pointed out, the key word on the rule is *some* of the list of stores you can buy from. I wouldn't worry too much on where you but the oil.

C.J
08-28-2014, 01:18 PM
Thanks Kris!

Matt M, Pa
08-28-2014, 03:29 PM
I just bought my oil and filters at Advance. They have a filter and oil sale right now. So, it was $35.99 for the 5qt container and a Mobil 1 filter.

I called the rebate phone number and they will be emailing me the form to submit. Limit is two per household.

DaveW
08-28-2014, 04:46 PM
There ya have it. I'm headed to Walmart for 2 of them jugs of Mobile1 10w30 extended life since I already got a whole kit and caboodle of them Mobile1 filters from Advance's oiler specials. Just can't figure how to use both filters with the 10 quarts of oil I gotta buy and they just keep stacking up in the ga-rage...:D

Vprbite
08-28-2014, 07:08 PM
Sell the filter to a local club member for a couple bucks. He would appreciate it. Though stacking up in the garage should be no big deal. They don't go bad so, rainy day filter fund. If they ever stop that deal you are set for a while.