PDA

View Full Version : Title wrap insulation to the exhaust

IMPERIAL
08-26-2014, 08:29 PM
2004 srt10 I bought insulation to wrap on the exhaust and want to put it on the bottom and the sides of the car to prevent heat inside the cabin, the insulation will be wrapped around the exhaust. My question is if that will damage or effect the performance of the car? The whole bottom exhaust of the car will be wrapped, please if anyone can help me with this question I will appreciate the help.

Thank you

daytonprowler
08-26-2014, 09:03 PM
Welcome! Can't answer your question, but interested in your screen name. Imperial owner?

St.Char
08-26-2014, 10:09 PM
2004 srt10 I bought insulation to wrap on the exhaust and want to put it on the bottom and the sides of the car to prevent heat inside the cabin, the insulation will be wrapped around the exhaust. My question is if that will damage or effect the performance of the car? The whole bottom exhaust of the car will be wrapped, please if anyone can help me with this question I will appreciate the help.

Thank you

The exhaust wrap will help cut down on heat and will dampen the sound a little. I just had my side sills off and what is in there from the factory doesn't really help much, so this will be a good mod. However, it does not effect the performance of the car. I just removed the Xpipe and added the polished tips, this is a good mod to consider to cut way down on heat in the cabin.

IMPERIAL
08-27-2014, 11:47 AM
yes ,is the name of my DEALER

IMPERIAL
08-27-2014, 11:58 AM
Thank you

IMPERIAL
08-27-2014, 12:10 PM
Thank you