PDA

View Full Version : Finally pulled the trigger

dmc71
11-11-2013, 07:48 PM
Well, i am exactly what the SRT boys hoped to get.....
Previous owner of refined European cars, never owned a Viper. But curious.
I found the Viper to be obnoxiously loud, hot inside the cabin and rough.....and it was AWESOME!
I put up a previous post about blue vs. white and white seemed to win.

Just took delivery tonight in Florida of my 2013 white GTS, black stripes, track pack with black sidewinders. Not sure how many miles I put on in the dark.
Vehicle was delivered from dealer 1 hour away in a closed carrier at their expense. They really respected the car.

I'll post some pictures when I get some daylight....all I have now is memory of those other cars.....RIP...
Looking forward to the morning ride!

ViperSmith
11-11-2013, 07:55 PM
Welcome to the club. Would be curious to see why you picked one up (what attracted you to it) compared to other options.

575 is one of my fav ferraris ever.

Space Truckin
11-11-2013, 08:18 PM
Welcome, very nice assortment of rides.

dmc71
11-11-2013, 09:31 PM
Always keep a fun car for the weekends. Many of my other rides had a lot of show but the Viper rawness and HP brings a bigger smile....

slysnake
11-11-2013, 10:18 PM
I found the Viper to be obnoxiously loud, hot inside the cabin and rough.....and it was AWESOME!Welcome to the Dark Side. hehehehe

Brian GTS
11-11-2013, 10:42 PM
Welcome and congrats. You'll be hooked for life. :)

VENOM V
11-12-2013, 12:36 AM
Great choice! White with black stripes and wheels has become one of my favorite snake combos.

My best friend has owned a variety of Italian beauties, but none moved me like the Viper. When the 2013 came out, I was hooked. I think you hit on some of the points that sucked me in - the rawness, the loud exhaust, the suspension feels the road. It is a race car that you can drive on the street. And if you ever venture to the track, I think you will be amazed at how it comes alive on the road course. Oh, and the Halle Berry curves, it is one sexy bad girl.

Enjoy!

dmc71
11-12-2013, 08:09 AM
Snapped a few shots as the am fog lifts

MtnBiker
11-12-2013, 10:01 AM
Always keep a fun car for the weekends. Many of my other rides had a lot of show but the Viper rawness and HP brings a bigger smile....

It's clearly in your DNA, congrats and welcome home!

BlknBlu
11-12-2013, 10:04 AM
Awesome,

The white and black look really good on a viper.

Enjoy
Bruce

pony23
11-12-2013, 10:22 AM
Congrats!!!! It is a raw sports car and that is what makes it great. Nothing like a euro car.

Scott Mannny
11-12-2013, 10:34 AM
Very, Very Nice!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome to our Maddness!!

ViperGTS
11-12-2013, 10:42 AM
Welcome to the dark side of automobiles...:web_driver:

We do some crazy runs - a friend and me.
He in a F458 - me in my Gen4.
He had to admit that he cant keep up.
Neither on a straight line accelerating nor on twisty roads.

But, be careful.
The snake can bite back when you dont expect it.

Watch out for the grip of the tires.
They age fast!
Most important part on any Viper.

Space Truckin
11-12-2013, 12:31 PM
Welcome to the dark side of automobiles...:web_driver:

We do some crazy runs - a friend and me.
He in a F458 - me in my Gen4.
He had to admit that he cant keep up.
Neither on a straight line accelerating nor on twisty roads.

But, be careful.
The snake can bite back when you dont expect it.

Watch out for the grip of the tires.
They age fast!
Most important part on any Viper.

Very nice indeed

Operative word with Vipers is RESPECT

Policy Limits
11-12-2013, 06:08 PM
Looks great...congrats. I've owned most of those euro brands too...you will like the dark side because it requires a driver...its a great challenge to bond with the car, learn her personality and trying to master its operation. plus, it looks pretty good ;)

I'm approaching 1/2 year of ownership in my gen v and I'm considering an upgrade to the vert when it debuts. Actually I hope they do a targa top like the new Porsche.

Have fun; after 500 miles you'll be out of your break in period and can push the car more. Love your color choice.

KRATEDISEASE
11-12-2013, 09:03 PM
Congats.... enjoy the Viper....

And I say,......have a Bison Burger to celebrate !!

Leslie
11-12-2013, 09:28 PM
Very nice, congrats!!!

slitherv10
11-12-2013, 09:36 PM
Any feedback on what you thought over performance , power and creature comforts over the other European Auto's?

SmoknTires
11-12-2013, 10:28 PM
Big time welcome to the family!