PDA

View Full Version : Our 'other' rides indeeeeeedy:

mike & juli
11-11-2013, 01:19 PM
~juli
(thx viper girl for helping me post the pix, you rock as always!)

2013 Paddle-Shifting Corvette Coupe w/blacked-out windows/tinted taillights 430hp
2014 Shelby Cobra GT500 662hp/631tq

Lawrenzo
11-11-2013, 03:53 PM
How does the low end torque of your GT500 compare to your Gen 4 Viper?

mike & juli
11-11-2013, 04:07 PM
Hey Lawrenzo~
Mike says to tell you (I can't drive stick any longer) low-end torque is 631, but can't really compare to Viper as different gear boxes (3.33 diff Cobra/3.07 Viper). All I know is that this is a tough car to step on, if at all. Needs VERY sticky tires...and still going 40mph the car could still be standing still spinning. Excellent on straight line, not so good at handling (heavy), but this is now Mike's favorite car--ever! Not my fave since driving far behind him, and I STILL got dinged by his sticky tires/stones. ARGH! (We want to track both someday, both have their pros and cons)
(Sorry Viperites)
~juli

Lawrenzo
11-11-2013, 04:18 PM
I own a 2014 Shelby, and find it extremely enjoyable as well. I was curious if Mike finds the Viper lacking at all in the low-end torque department after driving around in his Shelby??

mike & juli
11-11-2013, 04:21 PM
We don't have the Viper any longer, but he says yes. Full torque (631) at 4,000rpms, full HP (662) at 6,000rpms. So yours is the same then! VERY cool. Glad you enjoy it, Mike says he's never enjoyed another car as much as this one. Nothing against the Viper, just 2 different cars. I imagine the Viper would handle much better.
~juli

daytonprowler
11-11-2013, 07:19 PM
Glad to see some Shelby owners here. Those '14 you guys have are HOT! Sweet cars.

I have an '07 Shelby. I've been installing a brake cooling duct system (over the last two days). I got it from Shelby Performance Parts last Christmas and finally getting a chance to install.

Only issue with mine is that the differentials are junk. Had the ring and pinion gear replaced at 5k miles. Now just turned 25k miles and the carrier bearings started sounding like a freight train. Sad thing they were replaced at 5k miles too. Other than that it has been a great car. Sometimes you just need more than two seats.

mike & juli
11-11-2013, 07:46 PM
Hey Randall, yes, the 2014 Shelby is absolutely fantastic. That said, Mike had an older Cobra that he had for less than a MONTH, it lacked in power totally. So, they've improved greatly. Sorry to hear about your diff problems....ugh. We have an absolute blast running both our cars on Mike's only day/Sunday...as we've had a good Fall up to now. It's just that I have to lead, those darned sticky tires of his~! Already had a repair in my windshield, and I was NOT following close, I never do. We love the light-to-light running... :)
ENJOY, right?!
~juli

XXX BLK
11-11-2013, 10:38 PM
Mike and Juli, happy to see you have joined us……….

mike & juli
11-11-2013, 10:55 PM
Mike and Juli, happy to see you have joined us……….

Thanks Adrian, good to be here. Hi to Georgia!
~juli