PDA

View Full Version : Dyno Shops (Close to Dayton, OH)

Steve M
08-15-2014, 02:11 PM
I'm looking for a shop with a chassis dyno so I can do some fine tuning with HPTuners (and to get some results for the folks on the fence about whether or not to pursue tuning their 2008-2010 Vipers). I'd prefer an in ground dyno to keep the getting the car on it part as low stress as possible, but that requirement is not absolute...what I will not budge on is doing full 4th gear pulls to 170-ish MPH (I see some dyno shops stating that they can handle pulls to 150, and that ain't gonna cut it). An available wideband O2 sensor would be nice as well to help me get everything dialed in.

I'm not looking to do this within the next week or so, so there's no real urgency, but I'd like to get this done within the next month; two at most. I'm willing to drive up to about 2 hours one way to get this done, so Cincy/Indy/Columbus are all in range (but I'd prefer closer in case I want to do follow up work...I'd like to use the same dyno for any future work).

LATAMUD
08-15-2014, 11:16 PM
I used to live in Huber. A good friend of mine, Mike Bell, owns Dayton Performance Motorsports in Moraine. I've known him since 2005. 4681 Pinnacle Rd, Dayton, OH 45439 (937) 396-2946. His Dyno is above ground.

dgreeney
05-14-2016, 12:20 PM
Here's my story about Mike Bell and Dayton performance motorsports. I started a build with a 55,000 Mile 04 black mustang in pics below.I want to him about making car faster as this always been my dream car. We talked it over and the first of many disappointments was a turbo system from the day I pulled it out his shop there was problems. Few days the engine blows up had the car towed twice ,figured out it was not 93 octane gas when I was never told about that in his tune, countless trips down to his shop to fixed downpipes and exhaust hitting frame.the turbo Westgate leaked since day one and oil drain leaked also. The next disappointment was the build of a new short block With the hopes of making big Power car. still down there for months get it back drive for a few months at this time my car is still ticking and now leaking oil I take it back down he messes with it tells me it's slashers and a valve cover gasket .few weeks go by I come in and my whole engine is torn apart I never once complained about the money that was put into this build until the last days he blames the engine on another company that tune my car S & M Motorsports this turns out to be false ..Mike Bell doesnt have enough balls to Amit his responsibility in the lack of knowledge, workmanship, customer service, the total disregard of customers property ..proof and pictures below ...that's my opinion. My show car has caught fire has blown two engines scratches in the paint custom artwork ruined Chrome and stainless destroyed all in the time that it's been and Mike Bell hands. He tells me that he's going to rebuild my engine and make it right still not taking blame for what has happened I come to find out that my oil pan was dropped and debris and metal shavings were in pickup tube and pan.... proof and pictures below. Then came to find out in the process of building my short block he puts the gear on backwards so it never had a chance to make big Power. He claims that he is an engine builder and mr. Dayton performance my opinion he is not as I brought my car down in November to be looked at and fixed correctly he stored my car and bird feces laid on top of my convertible top 4 months while his personal cars was covered up that's the lack of compassion for someone else's dreams right there I have pulled my car and boxes of high-dollar engine parts out of his shop I tell my story and hopes that people will read and take caution in what what type of Builder and professional Mike Bell is and the Dayton performance Motorsports. Please share and repost with your friends this has to stop with performance builders.

Steve M
05-14-2016, 12:39 PM
Sorry to hear about your story...I never did end up getting my car dynoed here in Dayton (or anywhere else for that matter), so I never dealt with Mike Bell.

daytonprowler
05-14-2016, 12:57 PM
I know of a couple places in the Dayton area.